iPhone 3G: Most Stated Complaint?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WhySoSerious, Jun 30, 2008.

1. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

After people grab this phone up and start hammering away on it, what do you think will be the most stated complaint about the phone? Messsage Boards attract more negative posts than positive posts, as people want to vent. Just curious what everyone thinks and maybe take a shot at predicting the future here!

- service (no 3g or not really that fast)?
    - their monthly bill?
    - lack of memory (internal and external)?
    - plastic back (scratches too much)?
    - camera?
    - physical design of the phone now?
    - app store (apps are junk and/or cost too much)?
    - battery life is unsatisfactory?
    - same things that were wrong with version 1 (copy/paste, mms, bluetooth,etc)?

I'm going to lay my money down that the most frequent negative comment we read about here after the release will be.......

the same things wrong with version 1 that apple didn't address. :eek:

2. calculus Guest

calculus

3. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

I think it will be - same things that were wrong with version 1 (copy/paste, mms, bluetooth,etc)

4. bacaramac macrumors 65816

bacaramac

I am actually thinking the phone (as in hardware) is going to be nice. I just can't imagine apple creating a cheap plastic feeling phone. It should feel pretty solid I hope.

I am going to go with software complaints (MMS, Bluetooth, etc).

It's not a complaint, but more of a want (front camera with Video iChat).

5. brvheart macrumors 6502

I second that but also the plastic back that scratches easily....

6. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I would definitely say that MMS & Cut & Paste are at the top of list. I know it is for me which is why I'm going back to the Curve :rolleyes:

7. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

i'll be the dark horse here and say the battery life will be surprisingly unsatisfactory.

8. brvheart macrumors 6502

Good call, I did not think about mentioning that one. I wonder if anyone that reads all these will talk themselves out of getting one :D

9. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

sadly, i'm kind of hoping so. :eek: i really want to get one opening day, and i'm starting to think they'll sell out quickly.

10. Scooterman1 macrumors 6502a

Scooterman1

Like you said about more Negative than Positive.....
    I believe people will complain about all of it.
    And some people will rant about how great it is.
    And most will just argue.

11. Andronicus macrumors 6502a

Lack of A2DP

I think everyone was expecting that the 2nd generation iPhone would support Stereo BT. I mean is it not the greatest Music Mobile phone ever??? Well anyway that was the deal breaker for me. I'll just stick with my rugged, better looking, slower 1st generation iPhone.

12. WhySoSerious thread starter macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

ok, you posted in this thread, yet didn't really answer the topic. what's your guess mate!? predict the future with the rest of us!

:D

13. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

that the standard smartphone plan is sumhow "jacking up the price" :rolleyes:

14. sk8mash macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

15. AboveTheChaos macrumors regular

I agree totally on this one. I also think folks will complain about the scratches on the back.

16. Scooterman1 macrumors 6502a

Scooterman1

Requoted for you.

Originally Posted by Scooterman1 [​IMG]
    Like you said about more Negative than Positive.....
    I believe people will complain about all of it.
    And some people will rant about how great it is.
    And most will just argue.

17. WhySoSerious thread starter macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

wow, you think you're clever huh? i said what do you think will be the MOST STATED COMPLAINT.

"All of it" would entail an infinite amount of topics to complain about......ahhh, nevermind. you just are one of those people who LIKE to be difficult in life and think you're smarter than everyone else for it.

very well, Scooterman has casted his vote as "ALL OF IT". mark it down for the man.

18. Nykwil macrumors 65816

Nykwil

damn thing isn't even out and people are speculating about everything to complain about it?

How old are most of you to care about something so superficial as a plastic back (that anyone has yet to hold and test for themselves) that could be scratch prone?

19. brvheart macrumors 6502

I have almost talked myself out of opening day for the simple fact that early adopters most of the time get burnt....even with Apple products. so I might have to contain myself for a month or so and see what all the feedback is.

I would ponder to say that one of the other things that will be griped about is the lack of external memory capability. That has been mentioned a few times, but not a lot, but I know just yesterday that inferior portion of my iphone got it hard by a small time little flip phone that offered high capacity cards....

I then said "Dang, your right....but can it do this :D" and rattled off the numerous features that my iphone could do :)

20. tritonj macrumors 6502a

people will complain no matter what is released, applies to anything, not just an iPhone, people just like to complain and are never satisfied,

21. brvheart macrumors 6502

there are people of all ages, but I know that there are also a lot of folks that just plain like to keep all their things perfect with no scratches. It is not a bad thing or a good thing, but there are a lot of anal people out there. It might not matter to you, but to others it will.

I personally would have liked them to keep the current back but the way I see it the thing is going to get scratched regardless, it will not make it less functional, but it will be a eyesore to some.

22. WhySoSerious thread starter macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

yep. so what do you think they will complain about the most then?

23. Andronicus macrumors 6502a

I'm 23 and so I'm a very superficial, shallow, hollow person and I don't want a plastic phone.

How old are you, TrunksGoku???

24. Nykwil macrumors 65816

Nykwil

some people should take better care of their stuff really.

I had my iphone from release day up until about a few weeks ago when I sold it.
    Aside from light scuffing of the chrome the thing was very new looking. I think people should just take better care of their gadgets.
    I wasn't even careful with the phone either i handled it like a phone shouldve been handle and it was in great condition. I have no reason to even worry about the new iphone either.(scratchwise)

25. Nykwil macrumors 65816

Nykwil

I'm 27 but if i worried about scratching my phone I'd never appreciate it enough to use it. I'd take personal steps to make sure it was handled daily with care. Am i worried or will I complain? Probably not. To do so would detract from it;s usefulness. It's a phone, it's meant to be used and replaced within a year or 3 down the road when a sexier better iphone comes along.