Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mad Mac

macrumors regular
May 15, 2008
Your argument about recharging is a non-valid one - So you have that in your bag, and recharge with that, as you would reach into your bag and get out another battery. Or get one of those 1 use battery rechargers. Or get a handcrank or solar powered recharger etc.
LOL. Yeah, a solar powered recharger would work great in the middle of winter in NYC. And a hand crank charger? Please. These are ludicrous solutions to a ridiculous ommission of a replaceable battery.

I'm sure a decent business could liaise with Apple to get a fast turn-around of replacement handsets whilst an old one gets a new battery.
Another ridiculous solution. ANY down time = a potential loss of money. There isn't one person in sales that I can think of that would let go of their phone for a day to get a battery replaced.

I guess we'll see after a year or so what the iPhone adoption rate is for businesses.

zub3qin

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2007
It's gunna be:

omgz A2DP
omgz bluetooth filesharingz
omgz no copy/paste
omgz no MMS
omgz no video camera or omgz the video camera is not good enough
omgz the ringtones are too expensive
omgz i dunno how to make free ringtones
omgz the speaker is too quiet
omgz the ringtones are too quiet
omgz ipod crashes when i browse myspace at the same time
omgz 3G is not that fast
omgz GPS has no turn by turn directions out of box
omgz the back gets scratched
omgz its too expensive still
omgz no front facing camera
omgz its locked to AT&T
omgz no stylus support
omgz no physical keyboard
omgz no haptic response
omgz the rateplans are too expensive

I'm so over it. They will complain about anything and everything.

These are all legitimate complaints....

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
lol....i can see the board meeting now:

suit 1: should we give them a decent camera or mms or the copy/paste we keep hearing about?

suit 2: no, give them the bluetooth, turn/by/turn gps and a horizontal touch keyboard.

suit 3: no, no guys....they need a scientific calculator.

jobs: k, looks like the calculator is it, I'll intro it as "one last thing" too....!

I seriously believe that's how it is.

I am sure some guy there uses the iPhone after using any other smartphone on the market and said just that.

Steve did blow us off, I think that cancer is creeping into his brain, and everyone is too afraid of his reality distortion field to say otherwise.

But then again, the blind supporters are getting in line right now to pay more per month for the same features in the previous phone.

Scooterman1

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2008
Houston, Tx
I put up near the top, it's locked to AT&T, the Bluetooth is circa 2000 as are many of the features.

And I'd like to add that it's still not that much of a smartphone to me. Once we get the ability to edit, save, export, etc, MS Office files and iWork files it will be a smartphone. Just being able to view them isn't enough.

You know, I have a feeling that if you go and set up the Free MS Office Online account, you will be able to do it with your Browser for Office Files. I don't know if that would work with the iWork files.

EDITED - THAT IS Microsoft Office LIVE at: http://login.live.com

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
You know, I have a feeling that if you go and set up the Free MS Office Online account, you will be able to do it with your Browser for Office Files. I don't know if that would work with the iWork files.

Actually a very good point. I never thought about that, and it would take some work around to get the Pages docs into Word, then get them online and such, but that may offset that missing feature.

MojoWill

macrumors 6502
Jun 13, 2008
see my additions in RED

It's gunna be:

omgz A2DP meh ok
omgz bluetooth filesharingz not really important
omgz no copy/paste poo
omgz no MMS poo
omgz no video camera or omgz the video camera is not good enough buy a camera
omgz the ringtones are too expensive its a phone
omgz i dunno how to make free ringtones you're a tard
omgz the speaker is too quiet plug your headphones in
omgz the ringtones are too quiet tunr them up
omgz ipod crashes when i browse myspace at the same time myspace sux
omgz 3G is not that fast network problem not the phone
omgz GPS has no turn by turn directions out of box what phone does?
omgz the back gets scratched see above
omgz its too expensive still see other smart phones or same level
omgz no front facing camera meh ok
omgz its locked to AT&T i dont care not in US
omgz no stylus support meh you'd lose it anyway
omgz no physical keyboard you'd break it
omgz no haptic response what?
omgz the rateplans are too expensive see smartphone thing above

I'm so over it. They will complain about anything and everything.

My only complaint will be that I probably will no longer be able to set it on a desk and type with my two index fingers. It will probably roll around since it has a round back. :(

Scooterman1

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2008
Houston, Tx
Actually a very good point. I never thought about that, and it would take some work around to get the Pages docs into Word, then get them online and such, but that may offset that missing feature.

Sorry, I should have checked first. It won't run with a Safari Browser. Only IE 6 or 7 on Microsoft OS, or Firefox 2.0 on Microsoft OS, Mac OSX 10.2 & higher.
Bottom line, iPhone won't run it.

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
see my additions in RED

Those are the complaints that I am anticipating, not ones that I personally have. The only one that I am anticipating having is at the bottom of my post and is about the iPhone 3G's inherent shape. :D

Haptic response or whatever it's called, is like the Samsung Instinct, when it vibrates when you touch the screen, it gives you a tactile response kinda thing. :rolleyes:

Mitch1984

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2005
Telford
I bet there'll be a few that have never had an iPhone before, who only give it less than a week with the touchscreen keyboard and take it back, so impatient kind of iPhone customers annoy me.

Give it two weeks, the keyboard is fine!

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
I bet there'll be a few that have never had an iPhone before, who only give it less than a week with the touchscreen keyboard and take it back, so impatient kind of iPhone customers annoy me.

Give it two weeks, the keyboard is fine!

I could also be those that have spent a lot of time with it.

Or those that have an iPod Touch, and love the keyboard.

darkshadow1337

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2008
I would have to say the biggest complaints would be
1. No MMS support
2. No Video Conferencing/Front facing Camera
3. No Copy, Cut, and Paste

displaced

macrumors 65816
Jun 23, 2003
Gravesend, United Kingdom
Considering the iPhone is now more "business" oriented, I think it needs a user replaceable battery. How would you like to be a sales guy running around in a major city (which means using public transportation such as cab, subway, etc) and not knowing where or when you will be able to plug in for x amount of minutes to recharge?

My organisation's got about 700 BlackBerry devices in daily use. Total number of requests for a second battery: zero.

They'll go a day or so without a recharge (not 100% sure, I've deliberately avoided having one). Heavy travellers might request an in-car charger, but we've never ordered a single 'second' battery.

As for the battery ageing and not holding a charge -- we just replace the device. Compared to the charge we pay for the BES server licences every month, a replacement device is pennies.

t0mat0

macrumors 603
Aug 29, 2006
Home
lol....i can see the board meeting now:

suit 1: should we give them a decent camera or mms or the copy/paste we keep hearing about?

suit 2: no, give them the bluetooth, turn/by/turn gps and a horizontal touch keyboard.

suit 3: no, no guys....they need a scientific calculator.

jobs: k, looks like the calculator is it, I'll intro it as "one last thing" too....!

Talking of which - there's an RPN version, and at least one more on the app store.

App Store - it's enough for the time being, surely?

DamFu

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2007
I think my biggest complaint is that most of the rest of the world has not even purchased it yet and there are already threads complaining about what is wrong with the phone. Here is a suggestion, don't buy one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.