Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RodneyB

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2008
Sacramento, CA
I just checked my ebay history, I bought the case with the buy-it-now on the night (9pm) of the 28th of July. I received the case on the 1st of Aug.

Hi patd, does the one from ebay have any "branding" on the back near where it snaps together?

Looks like the same case I have from ivyskins and I paid double :eek:

patd

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2008
San Marcos, Ca.
Hi patd, does the one from ebay have any "branding" on the back near where it snaps together?

Looks like the same case I have from ivyskins and I paid double :eek:

My case does not have any branding or logo on it, just plain, I looked at your picture of your ivyskin and they both look identical, Looks like they bought the cases from the same manufacture:confused: but had there logo put on it.

ichii

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2006
The case is clear so you would probably be able to see the chrome on the side, but I'm not sure about the top. It's funny that this topic turned out to be a "Fake Rolex" Xylo T3 topic. I just ordered another one, for my cousin's birthday gift :D I was going to get the Chrome one, but I don't think he would like it.

patd

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2008
San Marcos, Ca.
The case is clear so you would probably be able to see the chrome on the side, but I'm not sure about the top. It's funny that this topic turned out to be a "Fake Rolex" Xylo T3 topic. I just ordered another one, for my cousin's birthday gift :D I was going to get the Chrome one, but I don't think he would like it.
I did some reading on some other forums and it looks like these so-called "fake rolex" cases come from the same manufacture as the "real" cases. All they do is put their logo on them and double the price.:)

peanut48

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2006

Hi Ichii..I assume u got urs...any chance we'll get pics? u say its clear...did u mean on the front? coz the seller's pics look they have black in the front....I was checking out the naked case from case-mate and their video shows a clear front...I'm quite liking that clear front rather than the black one....

peanut48

macrumors regular
Apr 4, 2006
oops...jus read ichii's post again...seems like u don't know abt the top so u haven't got it I guess...

emailcraigs

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2008
silver bezel

Hi guys, This case covers the silver bezel all the way around the phone, you can still see it inside the case.:)

OK, so the black part on the front doesn't cover the silver bezel up. I was concerned about altering the iphones appearance too much with the case. Also, this is the case that has the larger cut-out for the ear speaker, right? Thanks!

emailcraigs

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2008
Looks like the Gear4 brand

I also found this case on ebay..its got the mirror/chrome finish and also the cutouts on top are different...don't have an iPhone to compare but will try comparing to the pics on apple...wat do u guys think abt it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...sid=m37&satitle=260272762441&category0=&fvi=1

It looks like the Gear4 brand, but shiny. Personally, I'm more interested in one that doesn't change the appearance of the Iphone. That mirror image isn't for me.

catalyst6

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2007
Berlin
I'd beware of these cases, I have been using mine for a few days. If any sort of semi hard particle gets between the back of the case and the phone, the next time you remove the case it will drag the particle across the back causing scratching/bite marks in the plastic.

I have had this happen with two iPhones. I really wanted a case like this to work, but I'm afraid to put it back on
:mad::mad::mad::mad:

dk152

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2008
FYI, I order Xylo T3 on 8/7/08 and it was shipped out on 8/9/08. I will update you when I get it.

ichii

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2006
I guess I should have waited an extra day to get :D Oredered from Ivyskin 08/06 and cancelled 08/08 Thanks to Patd I saw cheaper case that looked like the same as the XyloT3 changed my mind.

edtorious

macrumors 65816
Aug 14, 2007
San Diego, California
I ordered mine on July 14th and my order number was about 200 orders after yours :)

Here's some photos of my xylo. The touch through seems to work fine for me.

There was a very thin plastic film on the outside of the front cover. They had a big notice in the shipping box that said to remember to remove it. I removed it and it seems to be working OK.

I just got my Xylo T3 case, where is this plastic film you are talking about, I've been trying to see if I can pry them out of the front cover of the case but it doesn't seem like there is one, I'm using my fingernails. I don't wanna damage it. :mad: There's already hairline scratches on it by just wiping it :mad:

edtorious

macrumors 65816
Aug 14, 2007
San Diego, California
I just got my Xylo T3 case, where is this plastic film you are talking about, I've been trying to see if I can pry them out of the front cover of the case but it doesn't seem like there is one, I'm using my fingernails. I don't wanna damage it. :mad: There's already hairline scratches on it by just wiping it :mad:

oh and also, I did not get the noticed from the shipping box to remove any film? Is this film protection you guys are talking about covers the whole front case or just the touchscreen area? still trying to figure out where this film is...:rolleyes:

patd

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2008
San Marcos, Ca.
oh and also, I did not get the noticed from the shipping box to remove any film? Is this film protection you guys are talking about covers the whole front case or just the touchscreen area? still trying to figure out where this film is...:rolleyes:

I have the replica of that case, I used my finger nail on the edge of one corner and started scratching at it, The film started to peel up from the very edge of the front of the screen, Once I had enough to grab I just peeled it off.

patd

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2008
San Marcos, Ca.
I received my case today that I ordered on Ebay. At first I was a little disappointed with the front screen, It had some small scratches and was not crystal clear, had tiny air bubbles in the black part of the screen protector, there was no instructions in or on the box, So after sitting and looking at it I decided that it must be a thin protective shipping film over the face, so I used my fingernail and started scratching the edge and presto it started to peel back, I got a hold of it and peeled it off, Now I am happy with the way it looks, Crystal clear, The case works just fine. I paid $29.00 for it so I save $10.00 by not buying the Ivyskin

Mine was the same as yours.:)

emailcraigs

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2008

The film covers the entire top of the case. Peel gently from a corner until you have it up a bit....then hold the case firmly with a little pressure on the black part as it will pull up from the crystal case if you pull the film too quickly. I just got mine from ebay today. This is the one with the larger opening at the top over the earphone. The Gear4 one has a smaller opening that just displays the earphone. This is important and I will tell you why later.

Now, my thoughts. I am not happy with it and I'm not mad at it. A few things. It does alter the iphone looks abit. The thin silver bezel around the top surface of the iphone is covered by the black portion of the top lid. This is somewhat compensated for by the case sides shining around the edges which almost gives you back that nice silver ring. The biggest problem I see with the case is that the larger opening at the top lets in dust particles within 10 seconds of closing the case. These are annoying, but only if you look for them. :rolleyes: I'd like to check out the gear4 case as its opening is only large enough to display the earphone, but its too expensive. I payed 21 bucks for this one including shipping. So, in all, not a bad case with a few irritations. I have seen the bubble effect but it goes away with a gentle squeeze of the sides of the case. As for sensitivity...it is diminished somewhat....not bad though. You can get used to it. Its nicer sliding your finger over the actual iphone screen, but then it wouldnt be protected. The scrolling function is actually not affected at all, but clicking on buttons seems to be a bit different. I left a screen protector on my front to protect it from anything that may get inside the case. This may account for some of the sensitivity loss. Who knows. So, all in all.....not all that great, but not all that bad either. You have to protect your phone and this case will do that while still maintaining some of the phones original style. As for those who are worried about scratching the iphone back when taking the case off...I take mine off by unlatching the top and then lifting the back off. This case does have the ability to scratch the back of the phone though. Of course thats going to happen no matter what type of case you put on it. So, 7 out of 10. Thats the best I can rate.

edtorious

macrumors 65816
Aug 14, 2007
San Diego, California
I don't know guys, i've tried for a couple hours now but still cannot find that plastic film. It seems most of you guys with the films got it from ebay. I bought mine direct from ivyskin. I wish somebody here who bought directly from ivyskin recently can confirm of the plastic film if it exist. Now I don't really have any complaints, the front cover of the case is crystal clear, so that's why I'm really thinking there really is no film over it, but then there are annoying hairline scratches now just from wiping it so that alone makes me think that there is a film? Is this suppose to be anti-scratch? Also the touch screen doesn't respond very well on this case I'm thinking because of the film but I read on this post even without the film that is still the problem on this case.

I'm very disappointed on this case, the front side of the case seems flimsy, not as well built as I expect, and for some reason, I'm having a hard time closing or opening the case, the problem is in sliding the back of the case to the front of the case in or out.

I have to admit I'm comparing this to my Gear4 Icebox case, I don't have a problem getting the iphone in or out the icebox case, the front case is scratch resistant, I've had it for 3 weeks now and not one hairline scratch on it although the back of the case has a lot hairline scratches but I'm not looking at it anyway so no problem there. But the biggest difference is the response of the touch screen with the icebox case, the iphone responds very well on the icebox case even at a very light touch but the ivyskin is non-responsive most of the time, especially with the swiping part which is what I do most of the time on my iphone.

And so I probably have to return this case unless somebody else here can convince me otherwise. :(

patd

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2008
San Marcos, Ca.
I ordered mine on July 14th and my order number was about 200 orders after yours :)

Here's some photos of my xylo. The touch through seems to work fine for me.

There was a very thin plastic film on the outside of the front cover. They had a big notice in the shipping box that said to remember to remove it. I removed it and it seems to be working OK.

Been using it for a few days now, my only gripes are that it doesn't fit on the iphone dock. It does fit on my Sony Alarm Clock Radio dock (ICFC1iPMK2). Without the case, I never got any device errors. With the case, because the connections are probably not as flush, I intermittently get the "this device was not made for iphone errors" with the dock, but they can be easily dismissed and it works fine.

Overall, I feel MUCH better having this case on. The fact that it's a clear case keeps my white iphone looking good and the fact that it's a hardshell case that can cover the screen as well makes me feel better with my fumbly hands :)

The pictures of the just the case were taken with my iphone while waiting in the doctor's office today:

attachment.php

attachment.php

The pictures of the phone in the case were taken with my Canon DSLR :) I had one more photo of the top side of the case, but looks like I can only do 5 attachments per post.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here is what RodneyB:) said about his case.

dubels

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2006
I just got mine in today and I was very impressed with the quality of the product. The only problem is that Ivyskin sent me the wrong product. They sent me the Xylo-T3 reflective case instead of the clear one. Before deciding on wether to return the product all together or get them to exchange it for me I placed my iphone into the case. There are no bubble problems once the iphone is in the case. The screen has the same responsiveness as it does without the case and it does not add a lot of bulk to the actual phone itself. I just wish the case I received was not the reflective one because the chrome reflective thing is just annoying and takes away from the nice nature of the iphone.

O yeah it does not have a protective film over the top of the screen.

patd

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2008
San Marcos, Ca.
I don't know guys, but it looks like ivyskin is having some quality control issues.
Someone says their case didn't have any protective film on it when they received it and some say it did have it on it. Receiving the wrong case after waiting weeks for it and spending $40.00 to boot. You can never get a hold of them by phone or email.

emailcraigs

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2008
I'd stick with your Gear4 case........and..

I don't know guys, i've tried for a couple hours now but still cannot find that plastic film. It seems most of you guys with the films got it from ebay. I bought mine direct from ivyskin. I wish somebody here who bought directly from ivyskin recently can confirm of the plastic film if it exist. Now I don't really have any complaints, the front cover of the case is crystal clear, so that's why I'm really thinking there really is no film over it, but then there are annoying hairline scratches now just from wiping it so that alone makes me think that there is a film? Is this suppose to be anti-scratch? Also the touch screen doesn't respond very well on this case I'm thinking because of the film but I read on this post even without the film that is still the problem on this case.

I'm very disappointed on this case, the front side of the case seems flimsy, not as well built as I expect, and for some reason, I'm having a hard time closing or opening the case, the problem is in sliding the back of the case to the front of the case in or out.

I have to admit I'm comparing this to my Gear4 Icebox case, I don't have a problem getting the iphone in or out the icebox case, the front case is scratch resistant, I've had it for 3 weeks now and not one hairline scratch on it although the back of the case has a lot hairline scratches but I'm not looking at it anyway so no problem there. But the biggest difference is the response of the touch screen with the icebox case, the iphone responds very well on the icebox case even at a very light touch but the ivyskin is non-responsive most of the time, especially with the swiping part which is what I do most of the time on my iphone.

And so I probably have to return this case unless somebody else here can convince me otherwise. :(

I think that if yours had a film on it you would know it. With the film on its not clear at all and will have many scratches on it. Once you take it off its ok. The Gear4 case has a smaller opening and thus will probably let in less dust....thats my reasoning for thinking the gear4 is better. But, I'm not going to spend that kind of money on a case. I'll wait to find one closer to home, etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.