iPhone 3rd Gen 2009: Mock Up With Front Cam

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DanFreebairn, May 28, 2009.

1. DanFreebairn macrumors newbie

This is my mock up of the new iphone, i have added a few of the new things people think or want to see on it.

[​IMG]

please let me know if there is anything u wish me to add or take away

2. LePigeonBleu macrumors 6502

looks pretty sweet. hopefully that will be it!

3. Woomy123 macrumors regular

that is sweet, did a nice job
    you should cut down the edges so makes screen look bigger

4. randomusername macrumors 6502

I don't think a front-facing camera would be so obvious.

5. JDee macrumors 6502a

Nice mock-up but where would the actual speaker for calls go?? The cam has replaced it.

6. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

With a higher speaker im guessing the mics going to be on the face of the phone and not the bottom.

7. MWillis561 macrumors member

MWillis561

I know having the extra button on the side makes sense but I'm pretty confident that apple wouldn't do that. They are pretty opposed to buttons on the iPhone.

8. Donz0r macrumors 6502a

agreed, it's just a mockup to show that it's there

That's the speaker right above the camera, it's based on the new bezel taht was leaked today

...how do you figure? it's not like the iPhone extends beyond your mouth or anything

True, but the bezel leaked today has a cutout right in that area! Also, it would make sense if they're going to be pimping the camera features on this iPhone. I think that it's very likely since they're going to make the new camera features a big feature.

9. iansilv macrumors 6502a

boobs.

There- I said it! yeah! Everyone here on macforums is thinking it- boobs n an iPhone-and I had the guts to stand up and say it!! Yup- even you intellectual types! You know who I am talking about!

/end sarcasm
    :D

10. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

Just a hunch, but I think the iPhone 2,1 front camera will be very discreet like the 20 and 24" iMacs'.

11. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

This wouldn't make sense since, for now, there is nothing to suggest the screen size will be changing from the current models.

Neat looking mockup.

12. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

I've never been a big proponent of the front-facing camera, but you made that look pretty nice. :) As MWillis said, I doubt apple would add another physical button, but I guess that leaked bezel does make it seem more possible.

13. The General macrumors 601

The headset speaker is NOT going to be up there. It would be HORRIBLY uncomfortable and it would feel UNNATURAL to press that edge into your ear. Go and try it with your 3G or 2G iPhones! It's AWFUL!

14. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

I'm doubtful on the camera button, as said, I doubt Apple would add another button. I'd love for them to get rid of the vibrate/ring switch on the side. It constantly goes to silent or ring in my pocket right when I don't want it to.

Calm down, it's not that bad. The mock up's earpiece moved like half a centimeter up. A lot of people I know with iPhone's don't even press the iPhone to their face/ear at all.

15. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

I don't normally chime in on these mockups, but I really like this one.

I redid it slightly ( I would kill for a 16:9 or 16:10 aspect ratio.. i hate the current 15:10 )
    the camera is now behind the front glass
    the LCD is much larger

[​IMG]

16. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

I couldn't agree more. I was going to post this, but wasn't sure if someone else already did.

I put my 3G against my ear at the edge and it would hurt after being on the phone for a bit.

17. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

You don't have to push the phone against your ear to hear someone calling you. You can just turn up the volume. Problem solved, no pain inflicted.

18. The General macrumors 601

Yeah, I'll just hover the phone next to my head. That will take care of the improperly placed headset speaker. :rolleyes:

The volume is barely loud enough when I mash it into my ear at full volume, let me just turn the volume up into that imaginary setting where it would be loud enough with the phone hovering next to my head. :rolleyes:

19. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

what the hell are you guys doing pressing the phone to your face so hard ??

that's not how you use a phone :cool:

20. gibbz macrumors 68030

Not to nitpick (that means I will probably nitpick :)) but doesn't that reflection have a chrome bezel meanwhile the mockup has a black one?

Anyway, I like the way you show the camera up front. That would be sweet.

21. gil.minto macrumors newbie

I really like this mock-up. I could definitely see myself getting this on launch day (assuming it's on PAYG on day 1). The front camera on the first mock-up looked kinda off, but after seeing the second mock-up, I'm all for it.

The only thing I would change is the 'rumored' dedicated camera button. If I wanted a phone that thought it was a camera, I'd buy a Sony or Nokia.

22. randomusername macrumors 6502

Now that is just ridiculous. When you hold the iPhone on your ear, the edge touches your ear anyways. This mockup is simply changing where it touches the ear, which would be just a tiny bit lower on your ear than previous iPhones. And it's only uncomfortable if you actually push the phone into your ear.

You were really overreacting and didn't even bother thinking.

23. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

I dunno. I have a Samsung candy bar phone and that's about where I hold it when I talk on it. It's not all that uncomfortable.

24. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Who peed in your wheaties? No need to be snarky, it was just a suggestion.

Perhaps there is something wrong with your phone. When I turn the volume all the way up on my iphone I can't hold it right on my ear because it is too loud.

25. Rat-Boy macrumors 65816

Rat-Boy

Someone mentioned nit-picking?

There needs to be a switch on the screen to switch between the front and back camera's, right? :D