iPhone 4 deliver on the 23rd

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by koopa35, Jun 16, 2010.

1. koopa35 macrumors 6502

apple should give us who was able to order iphone 4 delivery on the 23rd. the reason is to help with activation downtimes. if most of us would get and activate on the 23rd it would be cool. sure there will be activation issues on that day also. but not like it would be on the 24th when all are trying to activate including the reserves and walk ins. sounds like a good idea to me a 2 day activation event.

what do you guys think?

2. koilvr macrumors 6502

koilvr

Sure why not, also have a big Jesus with hands up be struck by lighting too.:rolleyes:

3. fuzion macrumors 6502

I see...

Attached Files:

4. CJayC macrumors 6502

With that selfish and impatient logic, why can't it be the 24th and 25th instead of your 23rd and 24th?

5. koopa35 thread starter macrumors 6502

lol at the picture. does that mean you agree or do you want to shoryuken me? :eek:

6. samcraig macrumors P6

I think that not only should they allow you to activate early - but they should also send candy and flowers with the iPhone along with an iTunes gift certificate for $500 :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

7. koopa35 thread starter macrumors 6502

how is it selfish? the device delivers on the 24th. why not let a few activate early by delivering on the 23rd? because come the 24th most of you will be crying how you cant get the activation because all 600,00+ are doing it at the same time. if not that will lead to more att sucks because they cant handle a simple activation or where is the verizon iphone because they can handle activation of 2 million iphones at once threads. i dont post in those type of threads but im tired of seeing them. and CJay were you able to get your order in for the 24th release date?

btw im not picking on you.

8. drewby macrumors member

drewby

hmm... you got me thinking, maybe that's why some of the at&t orders were saying they would arrive on the 25th...

in any event, if it wont activate when i receive mine, hopefully there wont be too much of a problem if i just wait til 3 am or something...

9. McBeats macrumors 6502a

What about those who have to wait til july 2nd, or july 15th like me?

wanna swap places?

10. gadgetfreaky macrumors 6502a

honestly I am biased but I think that's reasonable.
    let delivery go a day early so the activation servers don't FUBAR

email is steve@apple.com

11. gadgetfreaky macrumors 6502a

for a price, it's possible. I have an extra phone.

12. samcraig macrumors P6

Yes. You are biased. How about they let people activate by state. Or by last name. Or by eye color.

Why do people feel such a level of entitlement. Get over it. You'll activate when you activate lol

13. koopa35 thread starter macrumors 6502

you have to wait until the july 2nd anyway. how does activating on the 23rd even affect you? maybe the ones who might think its a dumb idea are the ones who are not getting on the 24th. its fine if people disagree with the idea. but a good reason why would be cool.

btw im not picking on you either

edit: i think by the time the second wave of people get the phone there wont be an activation problem

14. koopa35 thread starter macrumors 6502

no entitlement at all. its just a way to help stress levels the 24th will bring. I for one will cut my sim into a micro sim and use it until the mayham on the 24th dies down. my idea of a day early activation was just that an idea. a good one i might add.

15. gadgetfreaky macrumors 6502a

I think you are being arrogant and impractical to the original poster.

Given all the problems, why not have a "test day". Releasing the packages one day early will allow say 500K activiations to happen the day before. Then the next day is a lot smoother with easier transitions and time for problems to be ironed out.

As for bias, given all the problems from yesterday, I think it's a sense of being pracitcal-not lack of being reasonable. I think your posts shows the same kind of lack of common sense AT&T has demonstrated and has caused so many problems.

16. swoods93631 macrumors regular

Awww..... Poor big butter Jesus... He will be missed

17. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

Unfortunately more and more people carry a sense of entitlement. The white iphone 4 threads (particularly Best Buy related) and "pity me I couldn't get mine reserved to deliver by June 24" threads are proof.

18. gadgetfreaky macrumors 6502a

Entitlement or ideas for a less fubar launch? Sorry but given how bad yesterday was, it makes sense to split up the activations so 3 million people are not hitting the servers at the exact same second. Common sense.

19. samcraig macrumors P6

stress levels for whom? people who ordered and feel entitled to get their devices before anyone else and get them activated.

You can wait. It won't kill you. Server issues come and go. If you can't activate the second UPS/FED EX gets to your door, you won't die. They aren't delivering a kidney.

20. samcraig macrumors P6

Again - put things into perspective. Call me arrogant or whatever. I personally don't care.

If it takes awhile for you to activate your phone, you'll survive. SOMEHOW you'll survive.

21. sparkomatic macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

It's funny cause I was thinking earlier today that they should have let people do pre-eligibility checks with AT&T to avoid that timeout when pre-ordering through Apple.

But, where do you draw the line? If you did that, then pre-ordering wouldn't really be the 15th. Then it'd be pre-pre-ordering...haha

22. samcraig macrumors P6

Or you know what. They could not have rolled back eligibility. Not had ANY pre-sales and everyone would be in the same boat You'd line up or wait. You know - the old fashioned way people used to buy things.

23. gadgetfreaky macrumors 6502a

i did not call you arrogant, I said you calling me entitled was an arrogant perspective.

You are not thinking of it from a business standpoint. A smoother customer service is an advantage. lots of competition coming out. apple isn't the only game in town any more and they still have one carrier. Getting the 500K pre orders done a few hours earlier makes it a SMOOTHER PROCESS.

It's common sense for them to try muliple methods, not just this one to try and smooth things over time.

24. vizkiz macrumors 6502a

vizkiz

And what about the millions upon millions of people with iPod Touch 2nd and 3rd gens and iPhone 3G and 3GS' that will be trying to download and activate iOS4? Don't you think that will be dragging out for at least a few days too? That will make your activation attempt on the 23rd difficult anyway. This is why I was saying the OS release should be the week following the new iPhone release. First reason is to relieve the activation servers somewhat. The second reason is to allow people who have a new device to play with the new OS before people who are upgrading their older devices.

25. gadgetfreaky macrumors 6502a

Now that I agree with. If you just got your phone last year, why not do eligibility for like the following week. That would also be another method that makes sense to smooth activations over a longer period.

they should try multiple methods, not just one suggested by op.