iPhone 4 Dissected

dmx

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
They should have invited iFixit over and done a joint teardown.

nora47

macrumors regular
Apr 20, 2010
Oh well, pigs don't fly either, so I shouldn't have hoped for it :D
Yeah the teardown shows that we will not be able to remove our battery. Not that it should be a surprise considering the Ipad battery replacement program, should have been our first cue.

troop231

macrumors 603
Jan 20, 2010
Yeah the teardown shows that we will not be able to remove our battery. Not that it should be a surprise considering the Ipad battery replacement program, should have been our first cue.
Not really sure why I saw people on here quoting engadget saying that the battery was indeed removable.

Edit: lmao, as soon as I posted this, engadget posted an article on how it probably won't be removable :p
http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/20/next-gen-iphone-splayed-battery-probably-not-meant-to-be-replac/

pvmacguy

macrumors 65816
Sep 2, 2009
Jax
Didn't really like this phone on first leak images. But as this hype grows and i look at the images more and more I like it! Super excited for this summer. It looks like a super quality device.

JRoDDz

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2009
NYC
Steve Jobs is going to be super pissed when he sees his prototype iPhone torn apart like that. I really feel sorry for Jason Chen. :(

troop231

macrumors 603
Jan 20, 2010
Whether or not it's meant to be user replaceable, it looks like it'll be a lot easier to replace it than before.
This. As long as there's no void warranty sticker over the battery I'm game for DIY replacements. :)

Hint: Apple don't listen to this post please ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.