Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
It comes down to this, they are using an high end pro camera, with high end pro lenses, so they feel the need to make everything looks artsy instead of taking detailed pictures. At least that's how I feel about it and how all their pictures look.

Indeed, my four-year-old Sony 3.2MP point-and-shoot would give better details with the right settings.

Carniphage

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2006
Sheffield, England
Indeed, my four-year-old Sony 3.2MP point-and-shoot would give better details with the right settings.

They are using a high-end SLR with a good lens and a big sensor.
Which at short distances gives a very shallow depth of field.

This look is essential for art-based photography because it allows the photographer to reject information. Blurring out backgrounds etc.

This is the wrong camera to use for forensically capturing detail. A cheap camera with a small sensor would produce sharper images.
C.

1Zach1

macrumors 65816
Feb 8, 2008
Northern Va
This is the wrong camera to use for forensically capturing detail. A cheap camera with a small sensor would produce sharper images.
C.

All they need to do is move to using f/8 or f/11 and maybe find out how to use a tripod and they could be producing stunningly detailed pictures. There is nothing wrong with their equipment, there is something wrong with the photographer.

doubleatheman

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2009
could this be an early prototype?

protoiphone2.jpg

they are almost the same, they show strong similarities

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/gizmodo/2009/11/iphone_4g_midboard-1.jpg

*updated*

I remember seeing that photo quite awhile ago.

It defiantly looks like an earlier version of what we are seeing now.

The picture in the bottom right in the china pic looks the closest.

I'm glad they decided to make the camera with two holes, not one weird shaped hole.

Carniphage

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2006
Sheffield, England

doubleatheman

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2009
I don't see it.
The image from Gizmodo is the back case. It includes the camera lens - and the non-visible side is the polished glass/ceramic/plastic/zirconia.

The component shown is not part of an outside case.

C.

It is the rear of the case without the glass/zirconia attached to it.

I used MS paint :eek: to outline just a few of the similarities I see.

8d8ac7ee.png

b077e40a.png

doubleatheman

macrumors 6502a
May 27, 2009
But the first image shows *both* sides of the component.
The camera hole is top left on one image and top right on the other.
Neither side is the external case.

C.

Its just the top of the back without the glass...

Its like looking at the back of the new phone with the glass removed.

500x_comp4.jpg

The plastic piece from china, is just the rear without the glass. They took pics of both sides of it.

Basically this is the plastic piece switched in between the back glass and the internals of the phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.