MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

040303-122449858_500.jpg

iPhone 4 line in Loganville, GA - photo by ktasm
As previously reported, AT&T retail stores were unable to offer walk-in sales of the iPhone 4 until today (June 29th). Starting at 7am, customers should (theoretically) be able to walk into local retail AT&T stores to purchase the iPhone 4. Lines, however, have already started forming at AT&T stores across the country. 20 people have been reported at one AT&T store in Las Vegas, and a quick twitter search shows more people waiting across the country.

If you aren't willing to wait in line (again), AT&T has also updated their website and is now offering online ordering.

Yesterday, Apple announced that over 1.7 million iPhone 4s sold in the first three days on sale, making it the most successful launch in Apple's history.

Article Link: iPhone 4 Goes on Sale at AT&T Retail Stores and Online Today, Lines Start Forming (Again)

Orange™

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2010
Both of you have been reported! :p

Good luck to those of you who get one tonight/tomorrow. It's worth the wait, trust me! :D

Comment

Eddyisgreat

macrumors 601
Oct 24, 2007
Wonder if ATT will tell them not to touch the bottom half of the phone during operation :D

Comment

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
I've had my iPhone 4 since launch day, and overall been very happy with it. I realize the connection issues are a real and big deal for many, but it hasn't affected me so far in my day to day use.

It really feels like a futuristic device. The same sort of feeling as when the first iPhone came out.

arn

Comment

Cancelled
Dec 10, 2009
While I do not own an iPhone (period), those that have purchased the iPhone 4 seem to love the thing. Everyone I have spoken to has had connection issues when holding the phone, though, and each one has immediately started talking about the case they will buy to fix the problem. It's unfortunate that a phone so beautifully designed NEEDS a case. It is also sad that people sit in front of a store for hours and hours for a bit of overpriced silicon, metal and glass...BUT, it's their lives, not mine. Who am I to judge? I'm guilty of equally stupid activities (like posting on this thread while I have loads of work to do).

Comment

appleguy123

macrumors 604
Apr 1, 2009
15 minutes in the future
I've had my iPhone 4 since launch day, and overall been very happy with it. I realize the connection issues are a real and big deal for many, but it hasn't affected me so far in my day to day use.

It really feels like a futuristic device. The same sort of feeling as when the first iPhone came out.

arn

I feel the same way. The iPHone doesn't belong in this year! It feels so amazing!

Comment

gibbz

macrumors 68030
May 31, 2007
Been in line at OKC location since 8p :eek:

Didn't get any company until after 2a.

Comment

oroberts

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2010
I wonder how many people are waiting until the white iPhone becomes available. Will there be long queues of people when the white iPhone is available to pick up in store - I wonder.... :)

Comment

MrSmith

macrumors 68040
Nov 27, 2003
The 2 guys in the photo have spent so much time on their Mac/iPhone/iPad they've forgotten the skill of conversation and are Twittering each other.

Comment

boyimchaotic

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2010
Florida
I'm at an att store in east orlando and there's about 30 of us right now camped out. Got here at 4am and was #21. Guy at the front got here last night at 1030 and brought a tube tv complete with "The Hangover". This wait shouldn't be too bad. :)

Comment

apple4life

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2004
Online order 32gb....

Just placed my order online at AT&T.com. Shipping estimated at 7-10 days :cool:. Apple online says 3 weeks... :eek:

Comment

strabes

macrumors regular
May 12, 2010
Vegas

Only ten of us at the Boca Park location in Las Vegas. I'm 9th in line, got here at 1:45am. This is the first time I've ever done something like this and I definitely don't fit in, haha.

Comment

jonessodarally

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2006
Waiting in line now in Peoria, il.. Got here at about 8:30Pm, was first by about 15 minutes. Line has grown steadily since then, I think we're at about 20 buyers now, along with some friends and family mixed in. Altogether, I think there's 35-40 people here hanging out. A fun crowd. Rumor around here is 30 phones. No clue as to the split between 16 and 32 models. 3 hours to go! :rolleyes:

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.