iphone 4 is better or windows phone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Smartyyen, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Smartyyen macrumors newbie

iphone 4 is better or windows phone? provide me some detail...

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Neither is better
    Pick the one YOU like that gives you the features YOU want

3. skiltrip macrumors 68030

i know nothing of the Win Phone except that it looks ugly (the interface / software) to me. I love the iPhone. That's where my vote is.

4. cheeseblock macrumors member

i like everything about the iphone 4 better. the one feature windows phone has that could come in handy is the xbox360 integration features, but that is only if you are a diehard gamer.

buying a windows phone over an iphone is like buying a PC over a Mac, but for the same price... :confused:

5. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

6. splashnader macrumors 6502a

splashnader

I would say since you are asking this question on an iPhone forum., that most suggestions you get will be for the iPhone.

Neither phone will do everything the best. It basically comes down to which features you find most useful.

7. mKTank macrumors 68000

mKTank

WP7 is more fresh, is more compatible in the enterprise world (probably due to the Mobile Office,) has smoother UI, and has far superior social integration, not only with Facebook and the like, but with Xbox Live. And you don't have to deal with the bullcrap that is iTunes. Instead, you get Zune software which is a million times better. It's getting Silverlight and Flash, so in the long run, it will probably offer superior web experience. Oh, and you can get it with 4"+ screens.

iPhone 4 is more mature, has more apps, has excellent integration in the Apple ecosystem, has rich features like video calling and a front facing camera, is very sturdy, made out of premium materials, and probably has more features as of now. You have a perfect cake here, then the chef comes over and poops all over it: you have to deal with iTunes, the plague of the software world. Fortunately, however, there are alternatives like CopyTrans and SharePod.

8. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

Oh, boy. I just knew this guy would post. Ignore. :p

9. saberahul macrumors 68040

I haven't used WP7 but have used 6 and I wouldn't recommending it from that experience. Nothing ever worked well... apps would shut down (native apps as didn't have an app store) and it would lag a lot. In my experience, WP7 has got to be the worst, followed by BlackBerry, followed by WebOS, followed by Android, followed by iPhone (which I do not own right now but should once my pre-order goes through). In case anyone is wondering why I rated iPhone as #1 - I used the 3G and liked the efficiency and speed of it and am quite happy with the iOS system on my iPod Touch and iPad.

10. Synthion macrumors regular

Pros Cons

iPhone | WP7
    |
    Huge App Store | Little App Store
    Little/no live update icons| Focused on Live update icons
    Unix Foundation | Windows Foundation
    One Carrier, One phone | Many Carriers, Many phones
    Years of tested quality | Weeks
    :apple: | Microsoft:eek:

11. elan123 macrumors 6502

Windows Mobile is freaking horrible, end of story

/thread

12. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

Huh? There's more than one carrier.

13. Sdahe macrumors 68000

Sdahe

Windows phones are NEVER better... :apple:

14. kre62 macrumors 68000

Ive actually been impressed with some of the demos of WinPhone7 I've seen. Its a very stylish, fluid UI. I think where they blew it is the homescreen/mono color huge tiles. They just don't look impressive. The rest of the phone/transitions/etc are very nice though, and very modern. Also the dedicated camera button is a nice feature.

15. SomeDudeAsking macrumors 65816

Windows Phone 7 blows the iPhone 4 out of the water in terms of being SMOOOOOOOOOOTH. If you have any experience with an iPhone 4 and how laggy it gets, then the highly fluid GUI of Windows Phone 7 is a god send.

16. mKTank macrumors 68000

mKTank

Frankly, OP, I don't know why you ask a question like this in an iPhone forum. You're always guaranteed to get biased fanboys like Apple... posting here telling you how iPhone 4 is the second coming of Christ and how everything Microsoft makes is garbage. They're still stuck in 1999 and I don't see somebody of that magnitude of daftness getting 'unstuck' any time soon.

17. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Funny you should ask that. I just got back from snowboarding with my family. Since I didn't want to risk my iPhone 4 on the slopes, I broke out my Motorola Q9 and took that. It runs Windows Mobile 6.1. There are some things that my Motorola does better than my iPhone, but overall for me the iPhone is a way better phone.

That said, it really depends on what you need. Get what fulfills those needs and don't worry what everyone else says.

18. lsvtecjohn3 macrumors 6502a

Over iOS is better than WP7. theres a few things that WP7 does do better but I'd pick and iPhone 4 over any Windows phone 7 phone.

19. cardinalryan macrumors 6502

cardinalryan

Personally, I would never give up my iPhone, but anyone who tells you that WP7 isn't smooth and impressive hasn't touched one. It is an excellent OS and, quite frankly, it's email blows away the iPhone. That being said, all things considered, I believe the iPhone 4 to be a superior device...but the latest iOS4 build is laggy and un-apple like.

20. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

iPhone 4 better phone hands down :)

Provide you with some detail? I'll give you all the detail:http://www.apple.com/iphone/

Read through it, go to an Apple Store, check one out, then get back to me :D

21. Gryzor macrumors 6502

You must have a dodgy iPhone 4 'cos I've never had any lag.

22. SomeDudeAsking macrumors 65816

How many laggy dodgy iPhones are there? It seems to be an endless supply going by the threads that've been going on.

23. geko29 macrumors 6502

MS nailed the UI on WP7. It's fast, fluid, simple, and works very well. There's some underpinnings still missing--multitasking, copy & paste, etc--sound like early versions of any other phones? But the core design is attractive and functional. I carry both an iPhone 4 and a Samsung Focus every day, so I'm quite familiar with both, though I have several years of history with iOS.

If I were smartphone-less and buying today, I'd still take the iP4, hands down. iOS has had 4 years to develop more of the features that I use every day. But if I had to predict today what I might buy in Feb '12 when my contract is up, WP7 becomes a strong contender.

24. himesh macrumors regular

I was playing with a WP7 phone the other day, have to say I was impressed. I actually prefer the interface to iOS, flows nicely, only reason I wouldn't change is the apps and accessories I have for my iPhone.

25. troy14 macrumors 6502a

You're on an Apple forum you're going to get mostly Apple biased responses....

I've played with a few Win7 phones and I really like them. I could never switch away from my iPhone (no matter how hard I try to find a phone I could replace it with!!), but they are nice phones. Play with both and don't follow the crowd - pick the one YOU like better!

I will say though what I tell my friends - It really is hard to be a company that makes both fantastic hardware, and then makes fantastic software tailored & optimized for their own hardware. This is what really sells me on the iPhone.