iPhone 4 (jailbroken) won't do anything after getting wet

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ohgodhelp, Dec 19, 2015.

Tags:
  1. ohgodhelp macrumors newbie

ohgodhelp

It was in an Otterbox, one of the ones that has clasps and fully encases the phone, I put it in rice for an hour and it worked, but had a little bit of water behind the screen. Then, when I opened iFile, it just froze. I locked the phone, and now I can't do anything. I put it back in rice overnight, but still won't work. The screen does not appear to be on, but it does make a noise when I plug it in, and iTunes recognizes it, but I can't press trust this computer, because the screen isn't on. Nothing is working. Oh sweet mother of god, help.

>inb4 Restore to factory settings
    Power button is broken, has been for a while. I tried the kitchen counter trick, didn't work.

2. ohgodhelp thread starter macrumors newbie

ohgodhelp

I'm currently looking for a job, and not having a functioning phone is an urgent issue.

3. ohgodhelp thread starter macrumors newbie

ohgodhelp

the parts that were wet looked brighter than the rest, if that helps.

4. ohgodhelp thread starter macrumors newbie

ohgodhelp

I am also able to turn the ringer on and off for some reason.

5. chscag macrumors 68000

Sorry to hear of your troubles and being out of work, but it appears your phone may be dead. The best suggestion I have is if you can, look for an inexpensive refurbished phone to temporarily replace yours until you find a job and can afford to buy a newer one.

6. ohgodhelp thread starter macrumors newbie

ohgodhelp

Ah. Great. Well, thanks for replying. Hope you have a merry Christmas.