iPhone 4 OtterBox Case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Jbeggroll, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Jbeggroll macrumors member

Jbeggroll

Does anybody have any information on when the OtterBox will be released for the iPhone 4?

2. 28Fiend macrumors member

28Fiend

I've been looking on their site as well, I think you just have to check back. Or give them your email and they will notify you of the release. I'm stoked though.

3. Jmacman78 macrumors 6502

Jmacman78

I hope they can post some pics soon so we have an idea of what they will look like, I would love a Commuter and even a Defender.

4. Jbeggroll thread starter macrumors member

Jbeggroll

Thanks, I hope to get an e-mail real soon, i just might need a temporary case before it comes out

5. 28Fiend macrumors member

28Fiend

I to am faced with the same dilemma, I would like to think I would be really careful with it until I could find a case. But knowing my luck I would end up dropping it in a freak accident.

6. makefunnyfaces macrumors 6502a

It'd be an understatement to say I'm clumsy. I pre-ordered a wrapsol & I'll probably get a bumper just to test it. I want to keep something on it until decent cases start coming out. I'd really like to see Switcheasy come out with a CapsuleRebel for it!

7. Sourskinmilk222 macrumors newbie

:eek:

Its out for preorder! I dont think it is water proof/resistant though :(. Check otterbox.com for pix. I am looking for more but have yet to find any.
    :apple:

8. darrenjdoc macrumors newbie

With regards to previous versions were the commuter and defender very bulky ?? I work in construction and would like good protection for the phone but not if it makes it too big and ugly.

Thanks for any advice :)

9. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Other otterbox threads have estimated two or more months for the release date.

10. pmritchie macrumors newbie

i found a decent and cheap cases for mine at best buy! it was $15 and i found them online at amazon for $6 - http://amzn.to/ayX8IG

she has dropped it twice and left it in a parking lot, why i bought her the new iphone.. i have no idea haha

11. fastd macrumors member

Can you use a wrapsol front with the otterbox commuter?

12. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

I don't see any pre-order on the site...

13. pablo7 macrumors 6502

14. leeschill macrumors member

It will be in distribution in Mid August (which means you'd get it a week or so after that).

15. joshwithachance macrumors 68000

joshwithachance

LATE AUGUST?!?!?!? wtf >.<

16. leeschill macrumors member

dont hate the messenger ;)

17. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Not that I don't believe you, but where did you get this information? Also, do you have any other information about the defender case? Colors, etc?

18. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

Bumper + Zagg IS until this comes out. Sucks, but if the case is as awesome as the previous ones I've seen I'll wait for quality.

19. OMGitsNoodle macrumors newbie

I live in Charlotte NC, a few days ago I went to the AT&T store. I couldve sworn they had atleast 15 otterbox cases for the i4

***EDIT It was the skull cases. My bad :p

20. verucabrat23 macrumors newbie

I want my iphone 4 otterbox defender!

I've always had the otterbox defender on my iphone ... I called otterbox today to find out what the status was for the iphone 4 I was told they don't have them available and they are not taking pre-orders nor would he give me a release date :( I'm not so happy about this. I think that August is probably a good guess ... and later in the month rather than earlier

21. MonkeyMuch macrumors newbie

This website gives the estimated arrival date of the Otterbox as August 16. This is ********....I'm TERRIBLE with phones. I've had 10 phones in the last 5 years. The thing about the other phones was that I could replace them for a LITTLE bit of money, it's gonna cost a pretty penny to replace the iPhone 4. I'm gonna pray that I don't drop it from now until mid August

This is the website, BTW: http://www.mobilecityonline.com/wir...c&utm_term=OBAPL2I4XXX20&utm_campaign=froogle

22. CBR900RR macrumors 6502a

I am also a fan for otterbox defender, currently using bestskinsever full body and $4 silicone ebay case.

23. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

its probably a lot of trial and error with the flash deal. rather get the thing right the first time than have to tweak production...costs them TONS of money to tweak... so... i'm sure the Defender has issues with the flash so they have to figure it out somehow.

all good things come to those who wait...in this case probably fall

24. jps1012 macrumors 6502a

jps1012

Is the Otterbox commuter a hard plastic case or rubbery case?

25. Jmacman78 macrumors 6502

Jmacman78

It's both. It's a silicone case with a hard plastic shell, it's a two piece design.