iPhone 4 Power Support Anti-Glare HD *UPDATED PICS & SUPER CLOSE UP*

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by nelly41, Aug 2, 2010.

1. nelly41 macrumors regular

Update
    Well so far so good. i like how well the screen protector is doing. I decided to take some more pics but this time a real close up so you guys can see just how much or I should say how less the Anti Glare HD affects the retina. Its still really good in my opinion.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Original Post
    Well, I was waiting for more reviews on the Anti Glare from Power Support, but its taking some time for some people to receive theirs. So I decided to stop by the actual Power Support store in Burbank, CA and pick one up myself (since my friend wanted one anyways).

First off, they DON'T have their store hours listed on their website. I went there yesterday but they are CLOSED on the weekends. As a business, who closes on both days? The place looks like a small shack of a building and its safe to assume a lot of their business is done either online (and was contracting with apple).

On to the screen protector. I had the SGP Oleophoebic on my phone before. I love the clarity of it, but I hated the finger prints and oily smudges. Even though its resistant coating, its not resistant enough for me. The Anti Glare HD is really good. I like it a lot. There is a little grainy-ness I already knew with getting this that you were going to lose some clarity on the phone, so I don't mind that. You can't have the best of both worlds, so its a hit or miss depending on your preference.

[​IMG]

SGP:
    [​IMG]

PS Anti-Glare:
    [​IMG]

SGP:
    [​IMG]

PS Anti-Glare:
    [​IMG]

PS Anti-Glare:
    [​IMG]

PS Anti-Glare:
    [​IMG]

PS Anti-Glare:
    [​IMG]

2. chanerz macrumors 6502a

Wow i might put my anti glare instead. I have the crystal film now.

3. tcklim macrumors newbie

Was thinking about heading down there to pick one up, but am an hour away. Do you know the store hours during the week? I can't get through to them ...

Would also like to check out the anti-glare vs. crystal in-store if they have it on display and have them install it.

4. Statusnone88 macrumors 65816

Statusnone88

Ditto. I have the Anti-Glare sitting in the packaging.

I love the clarity of the Crystal but oh my God is it a fingerprint and oil MAGNET. Being the freak that I am, sacrificing the clarity might be an option for me since the only way to get the smudges off the Crystal are with a microfiber cloth and this Geek Squad Black Tie screen cleaner I got a while back.

5. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

I had the Anti-Glare on my 3GS, it was a great screen.

6. Statusnone88 macrumors 65816

Statusnone88

On a side note, for the PS Crystal if you get too much oily residue on the thing the accuracy of the touch screen goes WAY down.

Decided to eat some fries and Wonton chicken tacos at Applebees and I noticed from the time I started eating to when I finished that my touch screen wasn't as responsive from all the oil.

Or maybe it was because of the 2 for 1 drafts they we're having... :rolleyes:

God I love Applebees!

7. onne2slick macrumors regular

Ew, the cut out is horrible.... I love my SGP steinheil. The anti glare takes away the retina display

8. nelly41 thread starter macrumors regular

M - F 10am - 6pm (hard for people who work normal hours)

9. nelly41 thread starter macrumors regular

I mentioned that already in my review. Its still really good, just not perfectly clear like crystal clear films.

10. Statusnone88 macrumors 65816

Statusnone88

I just managed to order a pair of SGP Oleophobics for 13.99 + free shipping on amazon so we'll see how it fairs up against the PS Crystal I already have on.

11. nelly41 thread starter macrumors regular

I had the SGP before hand. You can see it in my pics above. Its not bad. I love the clarity. I would use it over PS Crystal because its a really good film and its cheaper in price point. I also bought it amazon for 13.99 w/free shipping. lol.

12. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

From all the money they make, I would think they would spend more on location, store design and such..

13. Statusnone88 macrumors 65816

Statusnone88

Yeah I definitely want to try the SGP when it comes but I really don't want to throw the PS away... I just made a thread about ways to preserve used screen protectors so maybe someone will have a way of keeping it good enough to use again if I ever decide to go back to it.

14. tourneur macrumors member

Thanks a lot for these images. The sacrifice in clarity does not seem to be that big.

15. chanerz macrumors 6502a

took my crystal out and anti glare in. i don't have to wipe the screen all the time now. yes!!! the screen is still clear.

16. chanerz macrumors 6502a

can i say the touchscreen is so responsive! my finger just glides.

17. ludawg23 macrumors 6502

you eat fried foods and touch your iPhone? lol

18. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Ahhh, the womb from which all Power Support films are birthed ...

and brought into the world to best protect iPhones around the world ...

a beautiful and truly Holy Place ...

somewhere inside is Neo, the One, the Originator ...

we are not worthy!

[​IMG]

19. asdff macrumors member

argh that makes it impossible for most :mad:

20. nelly41 thread starter macrumors regular

Extremely hard for most. I wasn't gonna pay 5.40 for priority shipping. But most people would have to thanks to their hours.

21. Surely Guest

Surely

Amazon will eventually carry them. They currently carry PS's iPad anti-glare film for $24.95, no tax, and free shipping.

They don't make them there..... they just sell them and ship them from there. Think of it as an orphanage. ;)

22. Hennesie2000 macrumors 68000

I had the SGP Steinheil EX Crystal set on my phone originally because the PS was available yet and I have to say I am glad I bought the PS set. Out of 4 films 3 of the SGP's has problems sticking around the edges and around the camera on the back.

The PS went on perfect and I love the antiglare... no finger prints, your finger slides easier on the screen, and well much easier to see the phone outside.

To the OP: how did you get the little icons under your folders on springboard?

23. Statusnone88 macrumors 65816

Statusnone88

It's called glyph board. Go to Mrgan.com/gb/

EDIT: Sorry, my bad. Didn't check first. Pretty sure those are from the emoji symbols..

24. MRSaint macrumors newbie

I did the exact same, went to the store 1/2 hour before 6pm last night. They keep the doors locked so just knock if no one appears to be behind the counter. The guy that put on my anti glare also said the crystal for ip4 front has a coating that suppose to help with finger prints so I ended up pick up both packs. I haven't had the chance to look at the crystal since the anti glare is already on. I might swap it out this weekend as I'm undecided on the anti glare so far. It does have a smoother surface (less grainy) than the ip3g version but I'm noticing in direct sunlight, there seems to be a slight haze to it.

25. aluren macrumors 65816

You really should bow down to:

Attached Files: