iPhone 4 Power Support USA Front Screen Protector + Mini-Review (HQ Pics)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by albert1028, Jul 28, 2010.

1. zelaya macrumors 6502

Thank you for sharing the photos Albert. I also have a Nikon D3 and it's a beast:D On a different note I wanted to share my opinion on the SGP Ultra clear product. The quality is great but I don't understand why SGP never made the cutout for the front camera and rear with the flash. When I bought the film I really didn't care much for the cutout on the back considering that it's super clear but after I took this shot I change my prospective and I will order the new PS clear. I took this shot couple days and because the flash is cover, this is what you will get. I heard that SGP are replacing them with the correct cutout but I could be wrong plus their customer service is very poor. I haven't receive my email response I sent them. I wasted 24.99 to get this results. In conclusion I don't want to mislead anyone on getting the SGP Ultra clear if that's what you want. I think their product is great but with their poor service I wouldn't buy it again.

Attached Files:

2. ludawg23 macrumors 6502

I said it in the beginning and I'll say it again...Powersupport makes the BEST crystal film protectors in the industry.

The fronts are unnoticeable and never hinder the authenticity of the screen.

Well worth the price.

Great photos btw...

3. Kavier macrumors 6502a

Kavier

Another vote for Power Support here! I loved my 3G film, and it lasted over 2 yrs. w/ no problems.

4. jasonnorm macrumors regular

jasonnorm

Just ordered mine after my less than stellar use of Zagg Invisible Shield.

5. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

Same here. Zagg IS just sucks in my opinion. I left it on the back because, well its the back so who cares? I think Zagg IS might be the most durable of the skins, but it looks and feels like complete garbage to me. I'll keep it on the back for those times I'm not using a case (car mount) as I'm sure the skin can take the abuse. Its just not what I want to look at when optical clarity and swipe performance are important to you.

6. choice macrumors regular

+1

7. Pared macrumors 65816

This will certainly be thinner. Wrapso would be >slightly< thicker and provide some more support. But if you buy a shield like this, you do it for slight protection and clarity.

They are replacing them, they just have terrible support.

This won't be any different than the ones they used on the 3G(S), they just cut out the camera hole. Great screen shield. After using the SGP Oleophobic though, it's really a wash.

I'm curious how clear the AF is though. That's the one most will be curious about this. The one shown here will be a fingerprint magnet, with no real difference between actually using the phone without front protection.

8. spyda macrumors 6502a

spyda

Their customer service is a bit ******, though I did receive a full refund. Btw, they have all of the cut outs now, for the Crystal film at least.

OP: Looks very nice (though the space around the home button looks a bit excessive?). I'm still waiting to hear from a couple people who have actually used the SGP Crystal Clear to give their intake on the two though. Something tells me it's not worth dishing out the cash if you already have a SGP crystal film. Even still, I'm tempted to try it out, maybe a little down the road I will regardless.

9. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

the cutout around the home button has always been that big, nothing new.

10. April Dancer macrumors regular

April Dancer

Where to buy in New York for clueless tourist?!

I've used them for all my iPhones and am looking for one for my iP4 now. I'm off to New York next week and I would imagine it'll be quicker for me to buy one there rather than wait for one to be shipped to the UK. Where should I be going to buy these things, assuming the AS isn't stocking them?

11. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

the apple store the next best to the actual store in CA. other than that, just wait it out?

12. zelaya macrumors 6502

Albert, can you tell us if the PS is compatible with the Apple bumpers? I switch my bumpers every other day. Please advised

13. jr.dsgn macrumors newbie

is the film thick like zagg and wrapsol?...does it offer the same type of protection or is it less protective, more aesthetic?...thanks in advance

14. albert1028 thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm using the black and white bumpers, depending on my mood. So I will let you know, i'm not keeping my hopes up, but so far so good. I will report back in a few days regardless of if things get worse or stays the same.

I have to say that I would have thought of seeing some bubbles around the edges with apple bumpers, but not yet.

15. edtorious macrumors 65816

edtorious

OP, your pictures are gone, can you repost please? Thanks.

16. ludawg23 macrumors 6502

It's not made from the same material as Zagg or Wrapsol. There's no orange peel effect and requires no wet install.

Also, I received an e-mail from Terrance and he states that they won't start releasing to retail stores until late August.

If you go into an Apple store now, you'll see films for the 3GS and also their Air Jacket case. Give it some time...

17. albert1028 thread starter macrumors 6502

They are? I think they are there, I think since i hosted it on photobucket, if you are work, your IT department may block it.

18. fastblack macrumors regular

Does the crystal one have some sort of anti fingerprint coating like the iphone screen itself?

19. psywzrd macrumors 68030

Pictures are still there.

20. jkozlow3 macrumors 6502a

Are you at work? If so, your work network is probably blocking images from photobucket.com if you can't see them.

21. mugenrace macrumors newbie

Great review!

Does anyone know if it is fully compatible with bumper when front and back screens applied?

22. Dragonforce macrumors 6502a

Dragonforce

Need 4 more people from the UK :D
    We all can have it by Wednesday ;)

23. albert1028 thread starter macrumors 6502

Mini-update on screen protector after 15 hours of use. Look at top of original post.

24. phillydude411 macrumors member

I ordered the otterbox defender case, any idea if PS will work with that?

worse case, I'm thinking of removing the defender screen and keeping PS or would that not be a good idea?

25. psywzrd macrumors 68030

That's what worries me about the crystal. I'm going to wait to see some reviews of the ant-glare before I pull the trigger either way.