iPhone 4 Priority list

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jashsayani, Jun 25, 2010.

1. jashsayani macrumors regular

jashsayani

Hi,

Apple Store was crazy on the 24th and since I have tons of work, I just went there and got onto a priority list that they were creating. Any ideas when the priority list people will get the phone??

Here is what the E-mail looks like: http://twitpic.com/1zl9eh/full

2. Chellek87 macrumors member

I ordered one online on Thursday (June 24th), and today I stopped into the store, and the guy said I could be put on the priority list. Online it is said to ship no later than July 14th, and the guy at the store said with the priority list, they should contact me before that and he was thinking probably sometime next week.

It probably depends on how many priorities are before you, and they just started it yesterday (June 25th).

3. Hawksterman macrumors newbie

Priority timeline

I added my name to the priority list today at the local Apple store. They were predicting one week, give or take. Said it should be faster than online ordering, but we'll have to wait and see I guess.
    Might see what ATT store can do next week.

4. PensiveCub macrumors newbie

I just did the priority list on the 25th and they told me that i would be getting it one or around july 11th. i hope its sooner, but we shall see.

5. Loves2spoon macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

I just got on a priority list today for 3 iPhones and he said it would be possible that they would get them tomorrow.

I wish I would have done this on the 25th...

He also said they only get 1 shipment per day, they only order enough phones for the priority list and keep the phones reserved until that person comes to pick it up, he said they don't give them away if they are a no show...

6. dast1g macrumors regular

dast1g

7. NWI73 macrumors 6502a

Really....they just started the priority list on Friday?

8. KEG777 macrumors newbie

@ JASHSAYANI
    I see that your email said you ordered a 32GB Black.
    I was in line on the 24th at an Apple store as a walk in. They stopped the line 5 people ahead of me so they told us to write down our phone # and Email.

Never told us to write down what model we wanted. They have me down for a 16GB in my email I got on the 25th. I want a 32GB do you think I could change this at the Apple store, when I get my email to pick up the 16GB they have me down for?

9. Hellishness macrumors 65816

Hellishness

My Apple Store guy said it should take 1-2 weeks :)eek:), and I would have 24 hours to pick it up once I got the email. After that it will go to the next guy on the list, according to the Apple Store employee.

10. Nckcard macrumors regular

I got on the priority list today, but the Apple employee walked away and was busy with another customer before I could ask him how long it would take...

11. Loves2spoon macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

I've called a couple apple stores and most have been pretty cheerful lately. I had other questions besides the iPhone so perhaps they treated me better... lol

12. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

Nobody mentioned this list to me until Saturday, but that was only two days after launch. Did anybody on the priority list receive an iPhone 4 yet? I'm wondering how long it will take. If they get a shipment tomorrow, it would kind of suck if I could go there and there were i.e. 200 models for walk-ins and 400 for those on the priority list and they don't make it to me for a reservation. I could just go in and pick up a walk-in model instead of waiting for them to go through a few shipments before they reach my name. Hopefully this system works out well enough so I get a 32GB iPhone 4 in the next shipment, which would likely be before Thursday.

13. frankwhite217 macrumors newbie

When I put my name on the priority list on Friday the 25th, my apple store (Montgomery Mall Bethesda, MD) told me that it should probably be a week before they get new ones. They also said that this would probably be very similar to the way iPad's were handled...

14. MICMAC247 macrumors regular

MICMAC247

Scouring the forums, it doesn't appear that anyone who was put on a priority list has been contacted to purchase an iPhone. I am imagining that this week (hopefully) some of these customers will begin to get e-mails. I couldn't imagine that they would go a full week without replenishing their stock.

15. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

For past iPhone launches, Apple Stores got new stock on most of the days of the week. That should really be the case here, unless Apple is planning one huge shipment every week. I'd obviously really like my iPhone 4 this week.

16. Goaliegeek macrumors 6502a

Goaliegeek

I'm in the same boat here. Came back from my trip on the 25th, decided to hit an Apple Store on the way home, (chaos inside) and I reserved a 16GB to another Apple Store closer to me. Got the "we'll be in touch" email that day.

Weird though. I called 3 different Apple Stores (2 in Vegas, 1 in CO) and all 3, I always had to wait at least 25 minutes on hold till they got to my call (X # of people ahead of me) but when I called my local Apple Store, I'd get right though to some one. Guessing maybe my Apple Store isn't as busy than the others and I will get one quickly.

My dream = Apple says its ready for pick up on the 30th, which is my 21st birthday. iPhone 4 will stay home though as I go to bars. /Gray Powell reference. (But I'd still be happy for tomorrow or tuesday)

17. d.shorty1 macrumors member

i agree. I was put on the list fri (25th) yada yada. If they still arent available today (monday) im just going to hit the ATT store on tues.

EDIT: the closest Apple Store to me is 2 hours away (St. Louis), so my reservation is really just my back up plan.

18. jashsayani thread starter macrumors regular

jashsayani

They should have asked you about the model. Looking at the sales, its hard to say if they would have an extra 32GB one. But usually the phone is specifically reserved for you.

I would suggest going to the store and letting them know about it.

19. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

I haven't received an email yet today. It's a litle surprising if they didn't receive a shipment today, though not surprising if they didn't receive enough for everybody on the priority list.

20. PensiveCub macrumors newbie

Yes the Apple Stores get shipments every day, but they dont know what is in them until they open them. they could contain ipads, macs, accessories, or iphone 4's. Its just going to be a hit or miss from here on out.

21. jashsayani thread starter macrumors regular

jashsayani

I am hoping that people will start receiving E-mails in the next 2-3 days...

22. launch-pad macrumors newbie

No e-mail received

Hi guys,

Did everyone receive the confirmation e-mail as mentioned in the original post by jashsayani?

Because I did not receive one, and now I am concerned that I am not even on the priority list. I signed up in a store on Friday night the 25th, so a priority list confirmation e-mail should have arrived by now.
    :confused:

I am referring to just the confirmation e-mail upon getting on the waiting list, not the e-mail telling me that a phone is in stock for me.

23. Goaliegeek macrumors 6502a

Goaliegeek

Sure you put in your Apple ID correctly?

24. launch-pad macrumors newbie

The Apple employee just asked for an e-mail address, not an Apple ID. I gave him an e-mail address I check more regularly than the one associated with my Apple ID.

So I am probably not on the list then? Great... :mad:

25. Goaliegeek macrumors 6502a

Goaliegeek

He might of copied it down wrong. I just went to the Apple Store and I put in my Apple ID. Got an email a few minutes later. Could try an ATT store tomorrow morning.