iPhone 4 - so much hate on message boards

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Poochi, Jul 31, 2010.

1. Poochi macrumors 6502a

Poochi

I was browsing news websites in Canada, globeandmail.com, cbc.ca, torontostar etc, there are so much hatred towards iPhone 4 and iPhone users, especially those who lined up for it under "comments" for each news article.

What's going on? Discuss.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

3. Block macrumors 6502a

Block

There is always hate when a new product comes out. In the initial first two months when people are getting the product, there will be complaints everywhere. It'll die off eventually.

4. stisdal macrumors 6502

stisdal

My personal opinion is that people get themselvs so hyped up pre-launch that when reality hits it can just never be as good as the hyper imagination was....

Overall, this is the best iPhone I have owned.

5. Poochi thread starter macrumors 6502a

Poochi

Yeah I know.

Best ever. Honestly the antenna "problem" is blown out of proportion.

And my opening port refers to people who never owned an iPhone dissing iPhone and iPhone users.

Similarly my co-workers and IT friends have issues with Apple even they have never owned an Apple product.

6. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

It's mostly just sour grapes from people who can't/don't want to shell out for it.

7. maddux2005 macrumors 6502

Without question it's the best phone I've ever owned. I'm having so much fun with it. As someone who has owned every iPhone (except the 3GS). This one feels so fresh and simply a dream to look at. I've stopped gaming on my DS/PSP all together (for the moment).

It's now my portable gaming machine. I love it :)

8. Schweitzer macrumors regular

It's contempt.

Waiting for hours in line for a phone(!) is a sure sign that you don't have a life. A little bit like Star Wars fans.

This applies also to those embarrassing Steve Jobs presentations ("Woooo! Woooo!").

People despise the irrationality of losers who don't even realize how pathetic their behaviour is.

9. dialed1 macrumors 6502

dialed1

10. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I'm currently browsing the web on one if the most beautiful gadgets I've ever handled, looking at the most amazing screen I've ever looked at. It's literally ruined many displays for me. I could ramble on about it, but I've had flaweless performance for a month now. Flawless.

The iPhone 4 is awesome. Haters gonna hate.

11. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

My girlfriend said the same thing.

12. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

I could care less what people say about the iP4 , it works for me, I love it! And that is all that matters.....

13. smokin3000gt macrumors newbie

Really? Because all the smart phones can be had for $199 + contract. That doesn't seem like the reason why.

14. whocaresit macrumors 6502a

It's not hate.

The iPhone 4 antenna sucks and Apple's been selling the crippled phone despite public outcry. :(

15. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

This "outcry" that you speak of here has been overblown by both the media, and people trolling on the blogs, and message boards, when they know darn well they never even used the iPhone 4. ;)

16. stisdal macrumors 6502

stisdal

My antenna works fine..... Seriously, if people would use use the thing as you normally would, and stop trying to look at it under a microscope, you may be surprised at how well the 4 really works!

17. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

Speculation, not fact. Show proof that people complaining have never used the iphone, else you are just blowing smoke.

18. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

First, let's see the proof that you have, that clearly shows "all" of the complainers using the iPhone 4 and demonstrating these issues , or else "you are just blowing smoke".

19. diabolic macrumors 68000

I haven't seen any indication that the complainers are anything more than a fraction of a percent of iPhone 4 owners. If it was truly affecting Apple's bottom line at all we would have seen something a lot more substantial than the free bumpers.

20. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Simple trolling, really. People love being anonymous trolls, and it's not jsut apple stories. Look at any news story on politics, people dying, crime, the economy, other smartphones. The comments section always attracts the lowest common denominator; the dregs of online society who feel marginalized and don't have anyone in real life to pontificate to because everyone stopped hanging around them and won't listen anymore. The comments become their next to last venue to be heard.

That, and forums that tolerate trolling.

Bottom line: don't heed anything you read in the comments section in news sites and tech blogs. And don't even heed half the stuff you read ABOVE the comments section.

21. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I agree.
    Its human nature.
    Its gets cold and lonely at the top:D
    How many people go thru the process of registering here every single day just to talk trash and troll about the new iphone or Apple in general.

22. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

There are prohibitive factors other than initial cost (tied to another carrier for whatever reason, can't afford a data plan in general, don't want to have to work to track one down, mommy won't let me...).

23. intervenient macrumors 6502a

It's like the Yankees. When you're the best, you get a lot of **** for destroying the competition.

24. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

Completely disagree. It's from people who can't go with the crowd. So they get a Droid. But they don't realize they're just going with another crowd when they thump their chests and call us lemmings.

25. ref26 macrumors 6502a

ref26

That too.