iPhone 4 VS Android Infuse

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dave Felix, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Dave Felix macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

Im not trying to start any arguments here.. but I've had the iPhone 4 for a few weeks now and its good BUT I have a month to either choose another phone. I saw the Infuse and was interested, it has a better camera and a bigger screen. I already wear glasses, the retina display with zoom is great but texting for me is harding with my stubby fingers. I just want to know how many of you thought of the Samsung Infuse over the iPhone? because with its bigger screen, its looking quite possible for me..:eek:

2. OceanView macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

I think most people here bought the iPhone 4 at a time when the infuse was not available so you're probably not gonna get a real good user experience between the two. From what I've seen the Infusion looks like a great phone with it big screen. Not sure how the battery life compares to the iPhone.

3. ph00ny macrumors member

If you're thinking infuse then i wiould say wait another month or two for galaxy s ii or few more months for iphone 5/4s

I still have no idea why at&t decided to release a device that's slightly above galaxy s and well below galaxy s ii when galaxy s ii was released in the beginning of may or end of april depending on the market

4. tekker macrumors regular

Import a Galaxy S2 from Europe... you won't regret it. And it's only .2" off the Infuse (4.3" vs. 4.5") with the same awesome Super AMOLED screen.

5. Vegastouch, Jun 4, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2011

Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

Best to try it for yourself and stick with which one you like better. Agree the Galaxy S2 is better than the Infuse, but will cost you more money.

6. aneftp macrumors 601

Most people can't pay the $800-900 the Galaxy S 2 is going for on eBay to import. Plus I don't think the Europe/Asia S2 supports ATT wcdma 850 3G bands so u would only get partial 1900 wcmda 3G coverage.

Those things are expensive.

Most buying the infuse are buying the subsidized ATT prices.

It's like telling people on these boards just to folk over $750-900 for an iPhone 5 that is released in Europe (I am just making an example if iPhone 5 were to be released first in a country outside the USA first). The vast majority of people only pay the subsidized price for their smartphones in the USA.

7. mysterioustko macrumors 6502

The Infuse is an average entry level phone with a great screen. The phone itself is nothing to write home about (with the exception of the screen). Performance wise, it runs well overall (though it isn't as instantaneous as the dual core phones). Battery life on it is average. You should be able to get through an 8-10 day on a charge. The battery life also will improve when the phone is upgraded to gingerbread (gingerbread has better battery management). Overall I'd say you're better off waiting than to waste an upgrade on a phone with a nice screen and last year's specs. There are better phones on the horizon that you'll be kicking yourself for not waiting for.

8. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I think the Infuse was a bad release considering the much more superior Galaxy S2 is on the dawn of releasing in the US (is it coming to AT&T?) but they could have at least added the latest version of Touchwiz UI on it. In recent reports of cell phones causing cancer, the Infuse has a SAR level of 0.2 while the iPhone is at 1.18 (something like that). Not sure if that is actually healthier, but just pointing it out since I noticed that recently.

The Infuse is a great phone for what it offers. If you do plan on switching to it, look at Amazon. I believe its 70 bucks cheaper there. It sounds like you need the bigger screen, so you might consider the switch. Personally, the iPhone works fine for me so I would keep my iPhone, but the next thing I would try out is a Samsung Focus.

9. Dave Felix thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

thanks for all the replies. I couldnt wait for an upgrade because I switched from Verizon to AT&T. From what I heard from AT&T associates is the Android market isnt as safe as the app store. There are many more apps than the android market, that I already knew. PLUS when the iPhone 5/4GS comes out, we will be able to get the iOS that they are running, therefore it wont have much of a change other than 4G capabilities and a better camera.. Also the iPhone runs some of the 4G capabilities BUT not all.. Its tough to decide with some many choices. I think Apple is going to talk about the phone on June 6th or 7th in an interview or conference, Im sure someone knows about this. When they do, I will pay close attention to what they mention because one thing I hate on the phone is the notification systems with SMS and MMS.

10. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I guess AT&T forgot that they aren't the only ones to sell the iPhone in the US so they don't need to keep praising it anymore like they used to. Don't worry, it's fine. There are a few bad apps that are there that get cleaned up by Google every now and then, nothing to be worried about. I would wait until Monday to hear what is going on with iPhone and it's future. If there is nothing new, and the keyboard is really bugging you, then I'd suggest you go to an AT&T Store and try out the Infuse before you decide to return the iPhone.

11. Dave Felix thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

8-10 hour per day or you meant 8-10 days??

12. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

There's no way that any Android is getting 8-10 days between charges lol

13. pyro008 macrumors 6502

14. Hueyfreeman macrumors regular

If you try a store unit I can guarantee you that you will find Android Quite Horrendous. Store units are used by over a hundred people an hour. Those people start apps and rarely close them so the phone will be loaded down. A store can freeze anything if you leave it on with enough people in a day. Iphones are immune to this due to the way iOS manages task but if it did not those units will run like crap too.

15. Dave Felix thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

yeah theres no way any device is lasting 8-10 days unless standby or something..

and yeah I have considered finger liposuction Pyro, only thing is I ran it by your mom and she wasnt too happy, she loves my big fingers ;)

16. aleni macrumors 68020

i don't know about infuse, but my desire HD is 4.3" and i find typing on the iPhone is much better even with the smaller screen.

17. pyro008 macrumors 6502

Oh, are you the guy she keeps telling me about whose index finger is bigger than his...never mind you probably are. :p

18. ImperialX macrumors 65816

ImperialX

I personally think the Infuse is a bit too big.

19. rman726 macrumors 6502

If you've had an iPhone for any substantial period of time and use apps a lot, once you see the limited app selection on Android, you'll be returning it and coming back.

20. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

Yes, because of the 200,000+ Apps in iTunes, im sure you are using 100,000 of them :rolleyes:.

There are so many Apps in each Market/iTunes that you only use a fraction of them. Im using like .01% of whats in the Market which isnt any higher or lower than what i used in iTunes. Actually it probably is less in iTunes since they have more Apps but i havent used my iPhone in nearly a year.

21. BlindMellon macrumors 65816

BlindMellon

You'll have to explain how typing on a smaller screen is better than on a larger one. Unless you mean the software is better, a larger screen is always better for typing.

22. Dave Felix thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dave Felix

Yeah, thats another thing, I dont want to slim down on choices.

haha good one

You have the galaxy, isnt it close in size? I mean 4.5 is big but it takes a toll on your eyes when looking down at smaller phones all day.

23. KAB2010 macrumors 6502

I have an HTC Inspire, and I find typing on the iPhone easier. It just seems to register the actual letter I press better. Although it isn't a huge problem. My autocorrect is so much better on the Inspire though.

24. Exhumed macrumors member

Don't defend the Android app store, at least acknowledge why you bought the phone. You can have your own reasons, but let's face it, they don't include "superior selection of apps".

Who needs 400+ channels on their TV? You only end up using like ten channels, so why not get basic cable? ...because you'd have far less channels to choose from? But you're only going to use ten, who cares which ten?

See my point? I can't get most of my favorite iPhone apps on an Android. Many of these apps are games. As a gamer, the Android can't even compete. It's like comparing a Mac to a PC when it comes to gaming; macs lose every time (but I don't play many computer games).

25. KAB2010 macrumors 6502

If the Infuse would have at least came with the latest Touchwiz, I would get it. No excuse for why it doesn't have it. Its a big update IMO.

Also, some are arguing about the app stores, well I don't notice a difference. The only thing lacking is gaming. It has all of the most popular and simple games, just not many ones that take up a ton of space. That will change in time though.