Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

StPatty33

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2009
Colorado
Is it possible to lower the strength of the frost effect?

I thought I had found the perfect strength before, but I've messed with it (blurring the images a little less, making the texture less pronounced) and I really like it better. I'll post some other ones in a couple minutes.

RonHC

macrumors 6502a
Apr 27, 2010
this_thread_delivers_ups_chick_amazon.jpg

DAMN :eek:

UCF-ENG

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2010
If would be great if someone with some photo shop skills could make something like this but with Nike instead of Adidas... (To be used for the lock screen) :D

523d23a7.jpg

Runt888

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2008
A guy on deviantART who goes by Orioto. You're welcome to the full res versions if you'd like that I have. They vary in resolution though from 1920 x 1080 up to just insane resolution):

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6713071/Video%20Game%20Wallpapers.zip

And here is Orioto's deviantART page:

http://orioto.deviantart.com/

Most of his stuff he provides links to the full resolution versions on his site (they are usually HUGE). Not sure why mine are so all over the place. But it sure looks like he has added a lot more since I last looked.

Thanks!

StPatty33

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2009
Colorado
^^^that looks awesome!

you wouldn't happen to have the frosted apple template to share? :D

I tried to export it as a transparent PNG, but photoshop is so finicky about the blend methods of layers, that I couldn't get it to look right by itself, unfortunately.

Carlsbad

macrumors newbie
Jun 19, 2010
Copenhagen, Denmark
Some good stuff here. Do these backgrounds work on iPhone 3GS too? I know you can set them as the picture you get when you lock the phone, but I've noticed some people here have it behind the icons as well.

How does one go about setting a picture as wallpaper behind the icons?

joshysquashy

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2005
UK
Here's my contribution. It's sort of an upscaled version of the twitpic link posted by loganT. I used a subtle drop shadow to add to the carbon fibre effect. You couldn't do this with half the pixels.

3WbQC.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.