iPhone 4 with oem white back cover

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by navindralr, Jul 12, 2010.

1. navindralr macrumors member

I really wanted the white iphone, but was always turned off by the completely white front. So I got my hands on an oem Apple white back case, and installed that. I think it's a nice look, but you can tell it's not supposed to be there, since the front has a black bordered edge, and the rear has a white bordered edge. Overall, I still personally like the look more. Obviously this is purely subjective, but thought I'd post pictures. Don't mind the crappy screen protector.

Attached Files:

2. redlemons macrumors newbie

3. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

That's pretty awesome. It's not needed, but if you put a bumper on the phone, you won't even be able to tell the color difference on the sides. What site did you get the back plate from?

4. navindralr thread starter macrumors member

iresq... honestly it was a lot more money than i expected, but I really wanted it, and i'm the impatient kind. I actually have a black bumper in the mail, so I'll post pics of how that looks when I get it.

5. Chetoc230 macrumors member

ya that looks awesome i totally want to do that mod. i think even with the full white stripe on the edge it looks great. is that an oem apple back? or is it a replica aftermarket one?

give us details on where you ordered!

6. fender57 macrumors 6502

eBay has plastic covers like this. I bought one for $.99. I'm waiting for delivery. My fear is it might scratch up the back glass.

The bumper idea is a good idea. A white bumper would be the perfect addition.

In regards to the original question, you can also get them on eBay.

7. pablo7 macrumors 6502

It Looks good kinda like it belongs to 2face from Gothem and batman and all that. Thumbs up. Now pm me and let me know where you bought it? Seriously.

8. ijen0311 macrumors 65816

ijen0311

9. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

lulz iPhone Cookies n' Cream edition

Prepare to be bombarded with "where'djya get it" posts. For those interested, you might be able to get it here. It's pretty cheap, but looks like it's non OEM. Just a really good replica.

10. navindralr thread starter macrumors member

11. whlee84 macrumors newbie

hey navin, does the bezel around the rear camera lens come off the black cover? They have replicas of these glass back battery covers on ebay, but it doesn't look like it comes with the camera bezel. do you think it will be ok without the lens bezel? or does the one on your black cover come off so we can just use that?? thanks

12. navindralr thread starter macrumors member

No it's all one piece. It's the exact same as the black rear cover except in white. I think it was so much money, because it comes "complete" rather than just a swap without all the pieces attached to the inside of the rear cover.

13. bhsu21 macrumors 6502

it's $125 for those who were wondering

looks very cool to me

14. xraytech macrumors 68030

Placed an order. Will post an update when I receive shipment and install.

15. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

id go with the iresq one that op linked to.

16. xraytech macrumors 68030

OIC!!!

iresq sells the complete back not just the glass.

17. fender57 macrumors 6502

You could actually turn your black iPhone into a white one if you wanted to.

18. HiFiGuy528 macrumors 68000

HiFiGuy528

Engadget did the same but they mentioned that the camera and LED flash did not have a cover on the white back so he had to take the cover off the black back. Does yours come with those covers?

19. pablo7 macrumors 6502

+ 2 but tempting.:apple:

20. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

21. pablo7 macrumors 6502

To the op, what's up with the ointment in the pic :eek:

22. asr10 user macrumors regular

is replacing the back as simple as removing two screws and swapping the glass? I actually like the white front more, but like the black back more. So when I get my white iphone, I want the black back.

23. LAS22 macrumors regular

LAS22

thanks for sharing. thought about this for the wife's phone. still trying to convince her the the white front is not as visually pleasing than the black when viewing.

seems you have a anti-glare screen protector...? if so, which one?

TIA!

24. macduke macrumors 604

macduke

I really like this mod, and it seems like it could get a lot of money on eBay if you go to sell next year. I really question Apple's design team when I see that ugly front white piece. But whatever, I guess.

Is there a way to easily seperate the back piece from the glass and paint it? Now that would be nice. But I doubt its possible without destroying it.