iPhone 4S 64GB Order CANCELLED.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Theod0re, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Theod0re macrumors member

My order got cancelled and quite frankly the apple sales team doesn't know why, and all they could offer to do was process me a new order to ship weeks after release date. They said it was because AT&T is strict on ordering terms and because the shipping/billing is different than the account info, and I have a NY number, they thought it might be fraud but gave no specific reason. I'm about to call AT&T about it. (FYI: I did order on apple.com) I just have some questions.

Could I get them to reserve me an in-store copy? Given I recieved no information prior to my order being cancelled until when it was supposed to ship. And the order went through perfectly fine in the first place up until this point.

What time should I show up on release date given I do ultimately get screwed over? I work night shift so it's not a problem. But I do want to be absolutely sure I get an iPhone. I live in a generally well-populated area.

2. utl768 macrumors 6502

ur screwed pretty much

to guarentee yourself one id get in line around 8 am on thursday

3. Mr.C macrumors 601

I very much doubt it.

4. meihcydna macrumors regular

By any chance was your order at "pending to shipment" at apple.com? Cause I currently have my billing address and shipping address different from each other but my order status is at "pending to shipment"

5. clamz macrumors member

clamz

i'm in the same situation with a different billing/shipping address from the accountholder's address. do you mean 'preparing for shipment' though? this has been my status since saturday and the ups/fedex trick doesn't pull anything up.

6. Theod0re thread starter macrumors member

It was pending shipment earlier today and next I checked it simply said cancelled. The sales rep for AT&T told me they don't accept debit cards, for ANY iPhone 4S sales on ANY service; which I'm pretty sure is a load of ********.

7. meihcydna macrumors regular

Same with me, the UPS/FedEx trick doesn't pull up anything. But I used a CC to charge my order.

8. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Hmm. I also have a different shipping and billing address (I changed the shipping address to my work address after I placed the order). Mine is currently "Preparing for Shipment." Still nothing on UPS or FedEx. I purchased with a credit card, too.

9. lilj4425 macrumors 6502a

Going off the number of threads regarding this, there is definitely something going on here. Not sure if it's from Apple or AT&T. Looks like a glitch most likely.

10. meihcydna macrumors regular

Upon the preorder launch night, I checked out ATT's page and noticed that you cant change the shipping address and you had to use a card with the same address for billing as well. My sister was the account holder and she has a different address, so I couldn't pay with my own credit card. That's why I preordered on Apple.com cause you were able to use a different billing address opposed to the shipping address.

11. Martron macrumors regular

I ordered in an ATT store with a debit card with a different billing address than the account holder (family plan). Also had it shipped to a different address. Hope mine isn't cancelled....

12. clamz macrumors member

clamz

i mean this has to be a pretty common scenario; i can't believe at&t would have a problem with it.

13. ckwebz macrumors newbie

I joined just to share my experience as well. My order for an iPhone 4S, 32GB on AT&T, was cancelled today around 5:30p Eastern. The email from Apple claimed that I had ordered too many devices, that I was only eligible for one. This is quite peculiar because I really did, in fact, only order one.

I called Apple immediately after receiving the email, asking for an explanation. I did not receive any additional info and was told that my order has been escalated. I asked if I would get my iPhone on Friday, as originally indicated on my order, and the rep could not confirm that I would. He said that I will need to wait for a call or email from Apple.

This is completely crazy. I cannot fathom what must be going wrong with their systems... and I never expected that so many people would be in a similar boat.

14. filmfanatic24 macrumors 6502

I'm getting nervous now. My 64GB is still sitting in Preparing For Shipping.

15. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

Mine too, now I'll be refreshing even MORE often :(

16. Theod0re thread starter macrumors member

AT&T is simply full of the biggest retards on earth. It wouldn't even let me call the store specifically. They said iPhone wide no debits accepted, I ****ing ordered mine with a debit as did numerous other people, am I wrong? People who are having their orders shipped?

They have no idea what they're talking about. I'd barely trust any of them.

17. clamz macrumors member

clamz

well has anyone with differing account and billing/shipping addresses who ordered from apple //paid with a debit card received tracking info yet?

18. Martron macrumors regular

People having issues - Did you order on apple.com?

It seems like the people having issues ordered through Apple. Is anyone having issues that ordered in person with ATT/Verizon/Sprint? I imagine speaking with an actual person when ordering, they would have (and should have) alerted you to this. Seems more like crossed wires with apple/providers systems.

19. Theod0re thread starter macrumors member

Same situation as me. Apple can't do anything, and it's not their fault. It'd be cancelled on AT&T's part. I'm almost certain my order was cancelled due to the difference in shipping/billing info on the account holder and mine's info. Otherwise it would've been fine, but they tell me it was because I ordered with a debit card.

Unfortunately I'm pretty sure you won't be able to have them get you it on Friday. They said they wouldn't for me, but if you do let me know so I can bring it up and hopefully have it done for me. Perhaps I can eventually get someone with a level of intelligence at AT&T too.

20. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

I wouldn't believe anything I heard from AT&T about the cancellation of an Apple Store order.

It looks like there is already a preauthorization against my credit card; at least there's an unexplained missing $500+ of credit availability. But I am still nervous.

21. albertperk macrumors newbie

This thread has me nervous haha. I hope I get my order this Friday...been pending shipment for almost a day now. I paid with a debit card on one phone and a debit card with a credit card on another. I guess time will tell. But if it gets cancelled for that reason alone, I'll be ****** to say the least...

22. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

You have multiple options, leave AT&T if you are unhappy. Call CS again and try to work something out (I'm sure they will be more than willing to help you with the attitude you're displaying here). Wait in line at a store on Friday. Or go without a 4S. Your choice.

23. Theod0re thread starter macrumors member

I'm gonna wait at a store. I'm on a family plan that I'm trying to get approved with for my military discount so that it can help not just me. Also, AT&T will be faster for the iPhone 4S. Another reason drawing me in.

It's not like I'm cursing them out on the phone.

24. Dstopsie macrumors 6502a

I ordered a friends 16 black gig on my credit card and it's shipping to his address and his phone shipped today without any issues, yet my 32 gig white is still preparing to ship

I have used my credit card for him for the last three years with no problems.

25. clamz macrumors member

clamz

was it an at&t phone ordered via the apple store?