iPhone 4S downgrade

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by superstar64, Jun 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superstar64, Jun 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2016

superstar64 Suspended

i've been looking all over the internet and i got 3 answers consisting of: 1. it's imposible, 2. you need SHSH blobs and 3. there are non SHSH solutions (none of which work correctly except ones that require a jailbreak).
    nothing has seemed to work (cuz over half of the tools don't support A5 +) and i need help. i tried 2 forums. CNET:they told me to throw the phone away, F.C.E 365: never approved the forum.
    please help. the important details are:
    iPhone 4S (A5 device)
    iOS 9.3.2 installed (have DFU ispw)
    broken power button (so don't tell me to sell it or throw it out)
    i'm busy right now so i can't check 24/7
    unjailbroken (please stop with that idea for now)
    am looking to get away from iOS 9
    i'm on mac so please a tool that works on mac

2. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

3. richwoodrocket macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

4. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

To whatever iOS possible. iOS 6 or 5? I don't know.
    This problem has been blamed just so long.

5. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I figured just as much. But when you start a thread looking for answers, one should give all necessary information up front. Otherwise people cannot help.

Regardless the OP can't downgrade to any iOS version. 9.3.1 isn't being signed anymore.

6. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

Seeing the post mention SHSH, I guess OP wants to downgrade to iOS 5 or 6 or so. Nevertheless, this is technically impossible, unless refreshing iOS 5 or 6 image through flash reader. This will eventually involve into hardware level operations. And it might still not be possible.

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

There is some potential for a phone like a 4S to downgrade, but one of the requirements for that at the moment is that it needs to be jailbroken. Since that isn't the case here, it pretty much rules that potential out, making a downgrade effectively impossible (at least so far).

8. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

There is this.

But you have to be jailbroken first (as mentioned in posts above mine). You're stuck until they release a JB for your iOS firmware.

9. superstar64 thread starter Suspended

well, this thing exploded. anyways: i'm not using itunes to start because it put the most stress into play on this project. and BTW i want to downgrade to anything but iOS 9.2+ because if i can get a jailbreak i can downgrade more straight forward.

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

11. superstar64 thread starter Suspended

there are some tools in developement that i wish i could try but i'm not one of their dev people (i'm not much of an iOS expert either. i'm more of a computer guy) and BTW the 3 answers thing already seems to apply

12. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Well even if you could downgrade. iTunes would be required. But you can't so it's moot.

13. superstar64 thread starter Suspended

did you even read the post correctly? you may need glasses (or contacts). i said to START so you said above it's required so i will use it later. and re-read the main post because i just updated it
    --- Post Merged, Jun 24, 2016 ---
    what do you mean "flash reader"? is it a program for downgrading?

14. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Alright, first off, just because you are new here when it comes to posting doesn't mean you can talk down on others. That's not a good way to start especially when you are coming to others for help.

Second. Maybe you should reread your own post and maybe you will notice it doesn't come across as you are intending it to. "I'm not using iTunes to start" comes off as "I'm not using iTunes". So instead of insulting others, try to proof-read your own posts before submitting them and make sure they cannot be interpreted another way. You could have easily said, "I don't want to begin/start the process with iTunes."

Additionally, no one is going back to reread an opening post, so any update should be noted down below. Also again this is all pointless because you cannot downgrade. It's as simple as that.

People around here do not and will not take kindly to insults. It's also against the forum rules.

15. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

No. This is a special type hardware capable of writing data directly into flash chips, rather than through operating system.

16. SuperKerem, Jun 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2016

SuperKerem macrumors 6502a

SuperKerem

Don't bother, it is impossible to downgrade the 4S to any firmware other than 6.1.3 due to the lack of a bootrom/kernel exploit. To downgrade to 6.1.3 easily a jailbreak is needed.

Also, be a bit more respectful. I've done a lot of research on this topic but I've decided I'm not going to spend time helping someone like you. You're stuck on iOS 9.

17. bufffilm macrumors 601

bufffilm

This thread was done after the 3rd post...all the posters after that needn't have bothered to post after that. OP ain't worth it.

The OP's post is typical of his kind...rude, sloppy worded, etc. it's all there in the initial post even after he edited it.

Nuff said.

18. snow755 macrumors 6502a

snow755

19. superstar64 thread starter Suspended

i'll remember that but i KNOW it's possible. somehow...
    --- Post Merged, Jun 25, 2016 ---
    then why did you even reply?
    that pretty much destroys the whole point of what i'm doing. i really don't want to buy another
    that actually sounds like something i would do considering i flashed a BIOS on one of my old PCs and by the way i don't care what happens to this. it's a junk phone i just kept to play around with

20. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

As far as I know, the only version still being signed by Apple is 9.3.2. So, unless your iPhone is jailbroken there is no way to downgrade because you would need a version that i still being signed by Apple.

21. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Wow, you flashed a bios on a pc.
    It's the same thing, go for it.
    Obviously you dont get the part that it is not possible to downgrade your iphone 4S.
    Instead you keep arguing and refuse to get it.
    Good luck with the downgrade.

22. Paddle1 macrumors 68030

You can definitely install iOS 6.1.3 and 8.4.1 on a 4s if you know what you're doing. You'll have to wait for a jailbreak though. You can't go back to any other versions older than 9.2.

23. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

Are you aware that your third sentence contradicts your first sentence?

24. Paddle1, Jun 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2016

Paddle1 macrumors 68030

Keyword "other".

25. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

Ah, yes, I was a bit confused.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.