iPhone 4s: With which carrier?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tonie, Oct 8, 2011.

?

I'm with

1. Verizon

33.0%
  2. Sprint

18.7%
  3. AT&T

48.4%
  1. tonie macrumors 6502

Just wondering who did you order your iPhone 4s with and please vote only if you have ordered an iPhone 4s and will soon.

2. jerrycrum macrumors member

I've been with AT&T since iPhone 3g. I have the 4 now and I'm switching to Sprint for the 4S. I'm getting added to my family's plan so I will be saving a significant amount of money.

3. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

Get AT&T. It's the only carrier with true HSPA+ speeds, which means the full 14.4 Mbps. The other carriers are limited to 7.2 or so Mbps.

4. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

I switched to Sprint. AT&T has really been horrible in my area, especially getting service in and around my house.

5. JasonR macrumors 6502a

JasonR

Switched from AT&T to Verizon when they got the iPhone 4. I've had an iPhone since the first gen. Never looked back...AT&T had HORRIBLE service in my area.

6. Brazzy macrumors regular

7. Nioxic macrumors regular

None of the above!

In denmark, go with 3. They have full 3G coverage in almost all of denmark <3

Edge coverage in the few square yards they arent covering with 3G yet :p

8. mpossoff macrumors 68020

Interesting there always seems to be alot more AT&T in polls since VZW got the iPhone. I guess AT&T customers are not jumping ship and upgrading.

9. blueicedj macrumors 6502

AT&T will give you faster internet speeds on 3g (what AT&T calls "4G")

10. makefunnyfaces macrumors 6502a

I've been with AT&T since 2005, so I've had all the iPhones under them. I stay for the grandfathered unlimited data plan & data+voice.

11. haticK macrumors 6502a

haticK

AT&T if you dont care about crappy service. i use verizon and wouldnt switch because i have unlimited data.

12. 7even macrumors 6502a

Verizon since I have unlimited data and have no issues with their service :cool:

13. i3iMac macrumors newbie

I'm on Sprint and I love their service compared to Verizon and Alltel which we previously had. We started getting dropped calls on Alltel shortly after moving to a new area. So we switched to Verizon and then we couldn't make or receive calls while in our home about 80% of the time. I spent many hour on the phone with Verizon trying to rectify the issue only to be told time and time again, they'd "look into it" which is BS. Basically they told me they don't guarantee signal inside your home which was hilarious to me. We even tried different phones with supposed better antennas and switching phone numbers and still no improvement.

We didn't even consider Sprint at first because we were told that Sprint sucks in our area by friends. Those friends were clueless and were just telling us what they heard through the grapevine. Anyway for the price/performance ratio it's hard to beat their service. I preordered the Iphone4S and can't wait to get it on release day!

14. mpossoff macrumors 68020

It depends where your location is. Yes I've heard that AT&T isn't good in some areas and also hear the same about Verizon.

I can't speak for your region haticK but AT&T in my region rocks and the iPhone on AT&T network rocks for data.

15. EvilShenaniganZ macrumors 6502

EvilShenaniganZ

WRONG WRONG WRONG.

"Apple demonstrated fast new 14.4 Mbps data downloads that technically put the new iPhone 4S in the realm of 4G LTE competitors, but US residents won't benefit much from the increased potential because domestic carriers don't support it."

16. mpossoff macrumors 68020

However the iPhone on AT&T will most likely be 3X faster than Verizon or Sprint whether or not it's HSPA +

17. EvilShenaniganZ macrumors 6502

EvilShenaniganZ

Yea out of the 3 AT&T will have the better speeds. As long as you have good signal. So it's a plus for sure but them trying to call it 4G or actually thinking you can get 14.4 is completely wrong.

18. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

If those other carriers you are referring to are Sprint or VZW, then they are limited to 3.1 Mb/s

19. NoHo macrumors 6502

I'll stick with AT&T as long as I can keep my unlimited data plan. With more and more data sensitive apps coming out for on the go + iCloud, unlimited data is going to be a must in the future.

20. UMJD2002 macrumors member

I'm breaking my contract with AT&T to switch to Verizon. I can't wait until next Friday! I'm tired of traveling and my phone not working while my coworkers on Verizon are e-mailing away.

I'm so sick of this AT&T is faster crap. If your phone doesn't work who cares???

21. TonyBaloney macrumors regular

Sprint. I've been with them since my first cell phone and they're the reason why this will be my first iPhone

22. ready2switch macrumors 6502

ready2switch

3.1 beats 0 any day, which is what I get when I visit my parents, turn into my own suburban neighborhood, or go more than 20 miles away from the center of town.

Again, I know it depends on where you live, but the switch from AT&T to Verizon was a no-brainer, even if I lose my unlimited data.

23. josh3326 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_10 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E600 Safari/6533.18.5)

I'm switching to AT&T because Verizon has slower data. Also weakens when going into buildings.