iPhone 5 did not come with a sim card removal tool

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lamenramen, Sep 27, 2012.

1. lamenramen macrumors regular

2. Surely Guest

Surely

Just use a paperclip.

IIRC, the last iPhone that came with a sim card removal tool was the 3GS (I still have mine).

3. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

All of the iPhones that I bought from Hong Kong have the SIM removal tool in the box. It's in the little paper box containing the documents.

4. LiarInGlass macrumors member

No they don't. My iPhone 4S didn't, and neither did the iPhone 4. Don't spread misinformation.

5. Surely Guest

Surely

^^^^What he said.

Wrong. My 4 didn't come with it and my 5 didn't come with it. And I don't think my 1st gen iPhone came with it either.

6. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

7. Surely Guest

Surely

Also:

8. 1080p macrumors 68020

1080p

I saved my ejector tool when I sold my 3GS years ago. With every new iPhone, the tool moves into my new iPhone's box until the day I need to use it when I sell the iPhone to get ready for my next one.

9. bigscotal macrumors 6502

bigscotal

I believe it depends on where you get the handset whether one is present in the box.

If you buy it outright from Apple, then obviously you are going to need to put a sim in, and there should be a tool. Also, depending on which country you are in, and if it is supplied by a carrier locked to their network, you should in theory have no need to change the sim and therefore no tool is supplied.

10. Daz-o-matic macrumors newbie

Mine did; Telus (Canada) 16GB. I found it inside the front flap of the little envelope that holds the Apple instruction booklet, warranty info and stickers. Of course, I noticed it *after* I had used a paper clip to open my sim card tray...

My Telus preorder also included a Telus nano-sim, so maybe Apple supplied sim tools in this case.

[​IMG]

11. Lolote macrumors member

huh? its not in your little booklet? my 4, 4S and 5 do have it in the booklet. Maybe its cause its from Canada...

12. billinaz macrumors 6502

billinaz

I was sent an empty box to ship my iPhone 5 back for a replacement. The box had the instructions on sending the phone back and it also came with a sim removal tool!

13. Edge1978 macrumors 6502

I always had to use a paperclip, which works just fine. Though I never had to use it on my 5 yet. Neither of my iPhones (3G, 4, 4S and 5) came with a sim removal tool.

14. NismoRoadster macrumors regular

NismoRoadster

Actually most of the phones sold outside the us have the SIM card tool still. It is because the phones do not come pre loaded with sims. Their phones are unlocked and when they choose the carrier the sim gets shipped separate. No need for us to have SIM card tool since our phones come locked.

15. matttye macrumors 601

My 5 had a sim ejector tool on the paper that holds the documentation.

16. lamenramen thread starter macrumors regular

Anyone with a US iPhone 5 that came with the sim ejector tool?

Some dude that I sold the iPhone 5 to wants it, and I'm trying to tell him that iPhones do not come with the sim ejector tool.

I'm well aware of using a paper clip, or using a needle, or a push pin, but the person wants the "original" Apple sim ejector tool. I'll probably just buy him an ebay sim eject tool for 33 cents.

17. moosquared macrumors regular

moosquared

It SHOULD come with the box. I guess there was a mistake when they're packaging your order. You can always use a paper clip, needle, the tip of the mechanical pencil.

Apple doesn't sell the sim card remover. Not sure if they're gonna give you one. I once went into an apple store in the airport, the person offered to give me a paper clip. If you're really anal, like me, and you want the exact sim card removal tool, go to ebay. You can buy 20 of those for just a couple bucks. I did.

18. lamenramen thread starter macrumors regular

Dude wants the original Apple one. Which is bogus and ridiculous. The best that he gets is one off of ebay and that's as far as I am willing to go.

19. JonathanK81 macrumors 6502

JonathanK81

If someone wants one, I can mail it to you. I have an extra. I got one with each of my iPads. It won't come with the paperwork, but I do have an extra. I only need one.

20. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

He bought as is. Tell him to pound rocks

You have your money. Be done with the guy

21. Moshe1010 macrumors 6502a

You can buy 5 ejacting sim-card tools for $1 on eBay.

22. Ripcord83, Sep 27, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2012

Ripcord83 macrumors member

inside the USA only the 3G & 3GS came with the sim-tool

[EDIT] Looks like the tool does come with USA models that are Off Contract/Unlocked. [EDIT]

23. moosquared macrumors regular

moosquared

What are you talking about?
    All the iPhone/iPad comes with the ejecting tool. OP's tool probably got lost (error) during packaging.
    My friend's ATT iPhone 4 came with ejecting tool.
    My USA bought iPhone 4S came with ejecting tool as well.

24. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

I bought my 4s unlocked from apple and it came with a sim card ejector tool. Inside the US. It's not restricted to other countries. I think inside the US it's only the unlocked phones, since they assume those people may be changing sim cards frequently. If you bought it on contract with a carrier then their should be no real need to use it unless you sell it and wish to take it out.

My iPhone 5 bought on contract did not come with one, nor did it have a place for one in the packaging like my 4s did. The 4s is the only iPhone so far that has came with the tool.

25. moosquared macrumors regular

moosquared

Just give him $5 and that should cover shipping and he will have 20 of those to poke around.