Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Flying Kite

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2012
Well, the lightning dock is still experiencing delays, so I'm going to ask for a refund and order a Braeburn dock later tonight. Hopefully I'll have it next week. :)

goodgnus

macrumors member
Aug 20, 2010
Their shipping wasn't super fast, but good enough for me. I ordered Friday morning and got it Wednesday.

Did you order one with a lightning cable, or the use-your-own option? Their website does a very poor job of explaining how that works. Do you plug your lightning cable into a port in the back, or do you somehow run it through the device with the end of your own lightning cable sticking up through The Lightning Dock?

The Flying Kite

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2012
Did you order one with a lightning cable, or the use-your-own option? Their website does a very poor job of explaining how that works. Do you plug your lightning cable into a port in the back, or do you somehow run it through the device with the end of your own lightning cable sticking up through The Lightning Dock?

I think he was referring to the Braeburn's shipping.
Based on the pictures and explanations they give at the bottom for The Lightning Dock, I believe you run it through the dock with the end of the lightning cable. Also, I don't think anybody has gotten The Lightning Dock anyway.

gametime10

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2006
I returned my Braeburn Acoustics and emailed them to let them know it was coming, and the rep responded with this:

"Stay tuned. We have a Braeburn pro coming out that should be the "ultimate". Taller. With back support. Priced right."

Curious to see what that will be like.

sawah

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2010
I returned my Braeburn Acoustics and emailed them to let them know it was coming, and the rep responded with this:

"Stay tuned. We have a Braeburn pro coming out that should be the "ultimate". Taller. With back support. Priced right."

Oooh. I'm glad to hear this and happy I hadn't ordered yet. Thanks for the info!

MattBookBower

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2012
Bournemouth, England
I'm just about to order one of the docks and lighting LED cables from iPhone 5 mod.com, hoping it's worth the money.

Plus I will have to wait for it to be shipped to the UK, has anyone else in the UK ordered one of these?

Zombie Woof

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2012
I though of that too but if you look at it carefully, shipping within US is 21.50 and outside US is 24.50.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/111344430/acoustic-iphone-5-dock-in-curly-maple

BUT if you look at the black version, the shipping is down to 2.50 and 5.50.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/113266891/acoustic-dock-for-iphone-5-in-black?ref=correlated_featured

Yes but the Black version does not include the cable in the link you gave. That's the shipping and cable price when it is over 20.00

darrinS

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
So Cal
Here's mine.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    716.1 KB · Views: 79

Smileyboy

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2008
Lightning Dock update.

So I emailed them several times asking for a further update:

This was my email to them:

I have no problem waiting for a order. But I do have a problem with a unproven company not showing any kind of consideration for its customers. I have sent several emails asking about the status of my order and I have received zero replies. I would like a refund as soon as possible. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone 5

Their response.... a refund :rolleyes:

Not sure whats wrong with just replying. I could even understand saying hey we will be delaying orders further...

dk206

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2012
London
Made a 2minute dock waiting at the John Lewis Store whilst waiting for my iPhone 5 white :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-11-03-03-21-57.png
    Screenshot_2012-11-03-03-21-57.png
    310.6 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

King Julian

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2011
I received my doc today. It's very high quality and came with a genuine Apple lightning cable. I would highly recommend doc this to anyone looking for a quality wood doc. It fits my iPhone which is wearing a Belkin case. I'll post some photos when I get a chance.
https://www.etsy.com/transaction/100009651

Just came across this, the docks looks very nice, well finished looking forward to your own photos.

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009

Ohhhhh thanks for posting this!
I have one of their originals and like it very much.
The price is just right enough that you can pick up several for around the house without breaking the bank! Plus I love the acoustics on it.
Can't wait to see what else they have in store.

King Julian

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2011
@ Prolanman, thanks for the photos, tell me in your opinion is there any undue stress on the phone itself when rested in the dock on the lightning connector

Last edited:

Prolanman

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2009
@ Prolanman, thanks for the photos, tell me in your opinion is there any undue stress on the phone itself when rested in the dock on the lightning connector

Nothing I noticed. There is a removable black bar which I put in the rear holder as I have my iPhone in a case. The dock itself helps support the phone. The cable holder can also be flipped underneath of the dock to have the cable sit higher up in the stand for those who have their iPhone in a case.

All in all I'm happy with the dock. The pictures don't do the dock justice. The wood is very nice looking. There are also small clear rubber feet under the dock to stop it from sliding. As the lightning connect engages the iPhone more securely than the previous models so you need to hold the dock when removing the iPhone from it. I suspect that this may be the case with other docks on the market, but can't confirm.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.