Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

D-Back

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2008
Just got my shenit dock... It does not work!!!! I ordered on Oct 12 and got it today it doesn't work. I just emailed them. I'm sure ill get screwed because they are located in China.

Is it the same as the one posted above with the circuit board for a connector?

Che Castro

macrumors 603
May 21, 2009
Just got my shenit dock... It does not work!!!! I ordered on Oct 12 and got it today it doesn't work. I just emailed them. I'm sure ill get screwed because they are located in China.

You sure?

Mine didn't work either at first but you have to push the phone all the way down hard

It should work after you push it all the way in

Mine did

inaka

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2010
So everyone was right (I was just trying to rationalize) but it was crooked. I reached out to seller and originally he wanted me to ship back and he'd send another but I said I'd rather a refund. He ended up allowing me to keep it and refunded me anyways. I definitely won't use it but I get a lightning cable out of it. Looks like I'll be buying a different one.
Just take a few of those felt stick-on fussy pads that they sell in hardware stores (for the bottom of the feet of furniture) and stick them on the bottom on one side. It's straighten it right up.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
NYC

Rushed to market unauthorized third party dock doesn't work? No way!

That sucks. Hopefully they'll take care of you. .

FlexPen76

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2007
Until something better comes along....

I've been using the sendstation dockextender with the 30pin-lightning adaptor in the apple universal dock. Works well, and the phone is supported by the wire at the back of the dock. Granted, you need to have these available so this information might be as useful as a chocolate teapot :p, but if you have them, it works well.

inaka

macrumors 6502
Apr 26, 2010
Until something better comes along....

I've been using the sendstation dockextender with the 30pin-lightning adaptor in the apple universal dock. Works well, and the phone is supported by the wire at the back of the dock. Granted, you need to have these available so this information might be as useful as a chocolate teapot :p, but if you have them, it works well.

A chocolate teapot sounds pretty awesome actually. :D

GTrees

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2012
Dead Battery

Without third party accessory such as chargers, lightning cords, and adapters my iPhone 5 is a paper weight. Apple pull your head out. Your arrogance will be your doom.

Senseotech

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2009
NC
Without third party accessory such as chargers, lightning cords, and adapters my iPhone 5 is a paper weight. Apple pull your head out. Your arrogance will be your doom.

I'll take that dreadful paperweight off your hands to spare you the trouble. Should you also have any "doomed" Apple stock, I'll hold on to they for you too.

solo118

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2011

Definitely email them through Amazon (as I assume thats where you bought it from)

I emailed them when I noticed the price went from $24.99 to $19.99, they refunded me the difference.

Then I emailed them again because my shipment shows its still in china (since Oct 15) and they explained how long it really takes and that I should not be looking at Amazons estimated ship date.

abercrombie

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2008
Parent's Basement
eBay Bans Generic Lightning Cables / Adapters

I sold a spare lightning cable a few weeks ago. So I guess that triggered me in their database as a recipient of this email:

----- Forwarded Message -----
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2012 1:18 PM
Subject: Important information regarding your eBay account.

eBay sent this message to FIRST LAST (handle).
Your registered name is included to show this message originated from eBay. Learn more.

Important information regarding your eBay account.

When popular companies/brand release a new product that is expected to be in high demand ; eBay will limit the number of these items a seller can list. Sometimes eBay will also set guidelines and criteria for the listings.

Apple lightning adapter guidelines are now in place to help meet buyer demand while also promoting eBay sellers who deliver excellent customer service.

Since Apple has incorporated an authentication chip within the adapter, we have been receiving a lot of complaints from sellers listing generic (non apple OEM) products. Because of this increase in complaints, we have made a decision not to allow the listing of lightning adapters that are not from Apple (OEM) going forward.

If you want to list OEM Apple lightning adapters, sellers will be able to list them with some limitations:

• Apple authorized resellers won’t face any of these limits.
• eBay Top-rated sellers can list up to 8 items per week.
• All sellers meeting minimum performance standards can 4 item per week.
• All sellers must upload tracking upon shipment.
• All new sellers will be able to list 1 per week as long as they are verified.
Note: Sellers NOT meeting minimum performance standards may not list the Apple lightning adapters.
eBay does not allow replica or counterfeit items. If a seller can't verify the authenticity of an item, it can't be listed on eBay. Any selling activity that appears to mislead buyers may result in limitations to selling activity, including account suspension.

To learn more about this policy, please refer to our recent announcement:

http://announcements.ebay.com/2012/...e-products-successfully-to-meet-buyer-demand/

Thank you for your time.

eBay.

lrfox

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2012
If you have $165, this dock made from a WWII airplane piston is pretty awesome.

Attachments

• piston dock.jpg
    piston dock.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 76

lrfox

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2012
A rare combination of random, odd, expensive and ugly.

I actually really like the look of it. The price, however, is ridiculous. I'm sure it took a lot of work to make it and it's definitely unique, but $165 for a dock? Seriously? I'd pay $20-30 for it. Tops. I actually read the description just to see if it was pure silver or something to justify that cost. Nope. just a sandblasted piston.

Iphone2012

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2012
I actually really like the look of it. The price, however, is ridiculous. I'm sure it took a lot of work to make it and it's definitely unique, but $165 for a dock? Seriously? I'd pay $20-30 for it. Tops. I actually read the description just to see if it was pure silver or something to justify that cost. Nope. just a sandblasted piston.

For the aviation enthusiast, this dock is fantastic and has a ton of history to back it up. I looked around the web and can't even find a WWII Piston like this, let alone one for under $200. I do see this dock on eBay though for a starting price of $119.99
http://www.ebay.com/itm/400333355467?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

I wish Christmas was a little sooner :)

goodgnus

macrumors member
Aug 20, 2010
I can't believe how few options there are for a desktop dock for the iPhone 5.

I'm tempted by this, but I've never used kickstarter before. What happens if it doesn't get funding? Do I get a refund?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1610299429/complete-dock-the-best-ipad-dock-and-more

It looks great for an iPhone in a case, but if I'm spending that much on a dock, I'd want it to work with my next iPad. It would, but it looks like it would scratch an iPad. If it were plastic, like the Apple docks, I'd buy it without a doubt. Also... it's not shipping until close to Christmas at the soonest, if it gets funding.

lrfox

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2012
For the aviation enthusiast, this dock is fantastic and has a ton of history to back it up. I looked around the web and can't even find a WWII Piston like this, let alone one for under $200. I do see this dock on eBay though for a starting price of $119.99
http://www.ebay.com/itm/400333355467?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

I wish Christmas was a little sooner :)

That's how I feel about it. I just can't justify the cost. It's really nice, though; and would look awesome in my living room or bedroom (I have other art deco/ early-mid 20th century aviation decor).

gonca

macrumors regular
Nov 15, 2011
Europe
Someone could provide me a ebay item link with one that really works? And not in pre'order.

Many thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.