iPhone 5 Goes on Sale Around the World, First Impressions

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Sep 20, 2012.

1. SmoMo macrumors regular

SmoMo

Fake!

I'm sorry to have to point this out but the original image has obviously been faked with photoshop probably.

Think about it, how can the phone be in the photograph of itself? It would require a complicated mirror set up for that to work and it take a photo of itself.

2. s!ke macrumors member

Well I guess this ad is fake as hell then
    http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/mob/3286139567.html

----------

huh? you mean the post image? Did you think it could've been taken with an actual camera?

3. Twixt macrumors 6502

This not wide enough screen is definitely too ugly and awkward.
    I can not buy that one
    I wonder how much AAPL pays some of them to queue and keep hype alive

4. Defactomonkey macrumors member

Could you hold the phone about 4 feet off the ground and drop it glass side down and then aluminum side down on a variety of surfaces (concrete, tile, carpet, water, asphalt, wood, metal, etc) so I can get an idea of how durable it is before I upgrade from my 3GS? Thanks.

5. Dionte macrumors 6502a

Dionte

Naw we were the fast moving zombies the mall wouldn't let us in til 6, people were sprinting from far across the parking lot.

6. room237 macrumors 6502

7. daveathall macrumors 68000

daveathall

The photo was taken using an iPhone 4..

8. itouch rulz, Sep 21, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2012

itouch rulz macrumors regular

I'm in Sydney, Australia. I've had my 32g black for about 5 hours now. I upgraded from a 3GS so am really noticing everything is much faster and of higher quality.

I'm with a virtual phone company called Amaysim that don't have nano sims available yet so I cut down my old sim. It was pretty easy but I was super careful and used a template I downloaded to get the size right. No need to sand for thickness.

I have a small scuff already. Middle top back of bezel. I'm going naked this time so I'm just going to live with it. It's just a phone and I'd rather just get a few dings and scuffs out of the way so I don't baby it so much. I'm sure if it lasts 3 years like my 3GS it will be beaten up by the end.

The camera is great in low light and you can use panorama to do real-estate-agent-like (realtor) wide angle shots of your living room.

Here is a link to the template I used: http://www.airportal.de/How_to_cut_Mini_and_Micro_SIM_to_Nano_SIM.pdf

9. Jimrod macrumors 65816

These early scuffs on the black seem to be getting common already - did Apple test them without cases on at all? It might sound a little dramatic but this will blow up worse than "antenna-gate". My 2 year old iPhone 4 is mark free and my 5 is en-route now, really wishing I'd gone for white as I hate these kinds of marks. Anodised sharp edges are a bad idea and I'd presumed Apple had coated it with something...

10. pink thing macrumors newbie

11. pipa macrumors regular

I'm the biggest apple fanboy there is, but I really think Steve jobs had it correct when he said that 3.5in is the best size for a phone. Anyway on line waiting for my new phone;)

12. matrix07 macrumors 601

matrix07

What choice do you have? :p

13. sulpfiction macrumors 68040

sulpfiction

Lol..and I thought I was weird for staring at it for 20 mins last night.

14. SmoMo macrumors regular

SmoMo

Hmm, if you are saying what I think you're saying i.e. "the camera phone in the photo is not the same camera phone that took the photo of the camera phone" then I guess it could be real.

I hadn't thought of that possibility to be honest, but there have been soooo many fakes around recently you can see how I jumped to conclusions.

15. unplugme71 macrumors 68030

I didn't pre-order. I'm going to get my iPhone 5 on my lunch break like I did last year. UPS/FedEx don't come until 3pm in my area, plus I'm not home to get it. So it just doesn't make sense.

However, I was able to get my 3GS shipped to work somehow.

Now to decide 64GB white or black.

16. pink thing macrumors newbie

Are you saying this is the first photograph you've seen of the new iPhone? :D

17. louiek macrumors 6502

Dude, given the average speed over Australian copper, that really not saying much.

18. mrmarts macrumors 65816

thanks for the insightful comment even more reason why i steer away from android.

19. Toadstall macrumors newbie

:) Nice

As for me Im still fighting it, keep telling myself theres nothing wrong with my 4S, I dont want a bigger phone, I dont want a bigger phone............then I get yet another email from apple with a very shiney black 5, with anodised aluminium.....

Someone on here once replied to my fretting about a bigger phone, when I was looking at others (apart from Samsungs I might add) and he said "youre not going anywhere" - i think he might have been right & now Ive got to wait a month to get my hands on one. aaaarrrggh

20. pipa macrumors regular

Your right. But what I will do is keep my 4s around and if these scuffs or any other problem become big, I'll sell the 5 and keep my 4s

21. born2beacapri macrumors newbie

I am in Louisville Ky.

I am first in line out of 35 people p... Whooo way to go 5 min more and I will have iPhone 5 in my hand.

Let people hold their pee for FedEx or ups Truck. Lol

22. kiljoy616 macrumors 68000

kiljoy616

Welcome to the party have shotgun will travel. :D

23. sticky.chicken macrumors member

sticky.chicken

A whole lot of meh.

It's just a freaking phone.

I strolled into the Apple Store in Chadstone took a look at one of the demo units and went 'meh' and walked out.

It's the first time I've actually been underwhelmed by an apple product. Sure it's faster than my iPhone 4 but honestly I think I'll wait before I reconsider upgrading my phone.

The iPhone 4 was something to be excited about from moving from the iphone 3G, this is just boring and tired. zzzzzzz

24. KPOM macrumors G5

I wonder if they will make a production change at some point to coat it. It will depend on the overall public reaction. It will be easier to see on the black iPhones, so perhaps we might see white iPhones be more popular for now.