iPhone 5 Goes on Sale Around the World, First Impressions

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
I'm sorry to have to point this out but the original image has obviously been faked with photoshop probably.

Think about it, how can the phone be in the photograph of itself? It would require a complicated mirror set up for that to work and it take a photo of itself.
Wow..u can't be serious, can you? How about it was taken with the phone he was replacing.

likemyorbs

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
NJ
I'm sorry to have to point this out but the original image has obviously been faked with photoshop probably.

Think about it, how can the phone be in the photograph of itself? It would require a complicated mirror set up for that to work and it take a photo of itself.
Are you brain dead?

rols

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2008
Hope it was worth the wait for y'all. :)
It was. I managed to get one of the not-very-many available for sale in Singapore today, I knew it would be a good phone, I had no idea that it would feel so amazingly light, thin and sturdy and how fast I'd get used to the extra screen area. I picked up my 4S when I got home to reset it for my wife (sorry we do trickle down here) and the thing felt like a brick.

The phone has all the characteristics of an iPhone, the general shape, the build quality, and iOS 6 runs very, very fast on it, but it's obvious that Apple didn't just take a 4/4S and improve it, they built a brand new phone with different technology to look and feel the way an iPhone looks and feels.

I'm very impressed, Apple has made a really super product here.

ohbrilliance

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
lol I drove past my local apple store and the line was unbelievable. Funny as the carrier stores next door did not have any long lines and they where also selling the new iPhones :eek:.
Same goes for JB Hifi versus the Telstra stores. My colleague waved his JB Hifi-purchased iPhone 5 while the 'first' iPhone buyer at Telstra was being filmed.

Not Bill Gates

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2012
Looking at the screen. It seems like the taller screen is Apples way of giving all the people who wanted a larger screen the middle finger. " Hey you said you wanted a bigger screen right? Well we did...in one direction, hehehe.":apple:

needthephone

macrumors 6502a
Apr 4, 2006
sydney
I just love my white one.
It's just like the perfect 4 got even more perfect.
Quailty and design oozes.
I can forgive maps which I rarely use and will get the google app soon anyway.
It's so fast even doing browsing on wifi so nothing to do with 4g which I don't have.
Ear pods are truly a breakthrough well to my sense of hearing anyway. I would expect this sound from a pair of $200 ear phones not $30!
Overall love it to bits, seriously love it.

BMcCoy

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2010
Meanwhile, 8,000 Apple-maps users are still outside a disused furniture depot in Swindon, queuing to be the first to get the iPhone 5...

:D

needthephone

macrumors 6502a
Apr 4, 2006
sydney
Meanwhile, 8,000 Apple-maps users are still outside a disused furniture depot in Swindon, queuing to be the first to get the iPhone 5...

:D
Ha ha, Much more of this to come me thinks. Shame this overshadows this magnificent thing but apple will brush it off like they always do, somehow they'll turn it to their advantage , well SJ would have done anyway.

SkeeterHarris

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2012
Cool WallPaper

Hey where did you get that cool wallpaper on your new iPhone 5? Any chance of sharing or posting somewhere to download?

[url=http://cdn.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png]Image[/url]

The iPhone 5 has been launching across the world this evening, starting in Australia and now extending into Europe. The iPhone 5 will go on sale in the U.S. at 8am local time.

[url=http://cdn.macrumors.com/article-new/2012/09/A3SyoosCQAEObnk.jpg-large-500x375.jpg]Image

[/url]
Mac-TV.de posted this image of the Frankfurt, Germany Apple Store shortly before it opens. USA Today reports on large lines in many countries:Meanwhile, one reader from Australia has posted their first impressions of their new iPhone 5 and has been posting more photos in the thread.

Of their new iPhone, thaifood wrote:Italian site iSpazio.net has posted their own unboxing photos and video.

Those who have pre-ordered can follow their packages with others in our AT&T, Apple (U.S.), UK, Canadian, Verizon or Sprint pre-order discussion threads. The iPhone 5 will become available in the U.S. at retail stores at 8 a.m. local time.

Article Link: iPhone 5 Goes on Sale Around the World, First Impressions

----------

Hey Sweetooth44 - That is a killer lock screen wall paper - would you be willing to share with some fellow iPhone 5 friends?

Skeeter

^^ The wallpaper is the entrance to a Sydney theme park called Luna Park.

I got my 32GB White iPhone 5 about 7 hours ago now. Had to really fight to find a Telstra Nano SIM due to demand, but I managed to get one and it's working.

First impressions:
- it looks strange at first but use it for an hour and it's so much nicer
- build quality is second to none - they weren't joking about it feeling like a Swiss watch
- the clarity and contrast of the screen has been hugely increased
- the new Lightning cable is a joy to plug in, so much less fiddly than before
- the front camera is vastly improved, especially in colour temperature
- scarily thin in comparison to the 4S