[iPhone 5] Incase Snap vs Incipio Feather

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by 212rikanmofo, Sep 26, 2012.

1. 212rikanmofo macrumors 65816

I have finalized my choices and narrowed it down to these 2. I had the Incase on my previous iPhone 4 for my girlfriend and I and we love it. We had the transparent smokey color and it was very minimal, and doesn't add a lot of bulk. I wish the Incipio offered a transparent color. I'm leaning towards the Incase because of this.

But has anyone seen the Incase Snap Case at any local retailers like Target, Best Buy, Walmart, AT&T, Sprint, Verizon, etc? I would like to pick one up locally without ordering online. I've seen a bunch of Incase at Bestbuy's but they are the 2 piece slider cases and not the Snap Case. If anyone knows a store that carries this locally please share. Thanks!

2. vivithemage macrumors 6502a

vivithemage

I just got the feather ordered, if I remember ... i'll come update you!

3. drkash macrumors regular

These are the 2 cases I've narrowed it down to also. On my black iphone 4s I had the black smoke incase snap and loved it, although after a year the corners did crack but I loved the thin transparent look. Its a shame the feather isnt transparent.

This time I'm going for the white iPhone 5 but incase only seem to be releasing the clear or black snap cases currently so not sure how the clear would look. Any current users with experience of the clear snap on the white iphone 4/4s? Does it feel the same as the black smoke or is it like a plastic shell? Does it scratch easily like other clear cases?

4. noobfromdk macrumors newbie

Whatever you do, dont get the snap, it scratched my whole steelband around my iphone 4. I also dropped it and the corner broke off, really the worst case i have ever owned.

5. jetjaguar macrumors 68030

jetjaguar

I have an incipio feather on my desk but I am afraid to put it on since the inside is just plastic and no soft material. I dont want to scratch the back of the phone

6. Stetrain macrumors 68040

I have the Feather in matte black. I have put it on and taken it off several times with no scratching.

The very bottom edge of the case (near the dock) could be rounded off a bit more, mine is a bit sharp there. Otherwise it's great. :)

7. jetjaguar macrumors 68030

jetjaguar

so no scratching .. hmm maybe ill put it on do you have a protector on the back ?

8. KaiMac macrumors regular

KaiMac

I love the Incase Snap cases. I had the clear one on my iPhone4 for over a year. I did order the following case, it is supposed to show up at my house today. I'll let you guys know how it looks/works.

9. Cosmo M3 macrumors regular

Cosmo M3

10. ggarnold macrumors member

Does the Incipio Feather have a hard plastic back or is it rubberized? I like the thin profile of this case but I don't want my phone to slide around when I lay it on the center console in my car.

11. Totalkharnage macrumors 6502a

Totalkharnage

I got the Incipio feather in matt black today and got to say I'm really impressed. At first I was afraid it might scratch the back and sides due to it being plastic on the inside but looks to be fine

It is tight fitting so it doesn't slide when in the case but not too tight so you'll scratch the phone getting it in and out. The best part of it is the slim profile which maintains the iPhone 5's looks.

The back has a very slightly textured 'rubbery' feeling which gives the case a smooth feeling. It feels very high quality and I'm looking forward to using it for a few more days before doing a full review. Hope this helps.

12. 212rikanmofo thread starter macrumors 65816

I have used the clear snap case from Incase and don't like it at all. It has a plastic feel and will scratch and is slipper since its not a matte and rubbery finish like the smoke one. I prefer the smoke one by far, the feel is better and you can grip it better due to the material/texture on the smokey version.

I was considering the switch easy nude case as well but after hearing so many negative comments about the volume buttons and such I've decided to not get it. And on their site it says its a glossy finish, so I'm assuming its going to be like plastic that is shiny and will be slippery in your hands with not much grip.

Only if the incipio feather came in all the available color combos that they made for the iPhone 4/4s, sigh. I really want a transparent black snap case.

13. iEric4 macrumors member

I pre-ordered the incase black frost snap case the other day. Still hasn't been shipped out... Anyone get their hands on one yet?

14. kthnxshwn macrumors regular

Mine shipped just this morning.

15. diversity83 macrumors newbie

If you get the snap cases offered by Incase, always go with the dark smoked finished vs. the white frost or clear. The white frost will turn brown over time and the clear...that's just hard plastic/acrylic (doesn't have the soft shell surface coating like the smoked or frosted cases). Incipio does lack the transparent back, so the 5's two-tone back will be covered, sadly. Also, Incipio's front sides/edges don't protrude out like Incase's snap, so the screen is fully exposed.

I'm ordering my Incase Snap for my black i5. I've owned about 3 with the i4 and i4S (for two of them, the corners did break after a year's worth of hard use).

16. iEric4 macrumors member

Just received my black frost case today. It's not see thru at all actually :(

Plus since its not exactly solid black, it looks a shade of dark purple. That's something I noticed last year with the 4s snap case as well. Was hoping this year would be more like last years first run of cases that were actually closer to grey than purple.

17. 212rikanmofo thread starter macrumors 65816

Could you please post pictures with the case on and off the iPhone. I definitely want to see how it looks before I make up my mind on ordering. So you're saying the smoke one isn't see-through at all? Strange. The 2 I had for my iPhone 4 were transparent. Would love to see pictures though. Thanks.

18. CanadaEh macrumors regular

Incipio Feather all the way. Feels so nice in your hands :)

19. 212rikanmofo thread starter macrumors 65816

I heard the Incipio Feather has no lip, so therefore if you place your iPhone front facing down, there won't be any protection or if you drop it and it lands facedown, you're SOL. Plus there's no transparent black color either.

20. kthnxshwn macrumors regular

Pictures are needed immediately or we aren't friends.

21. CanadaEh macrumors regular

Who cares about the lip lol Dont put the phone facing down then?

22. iEric4 macrumors member

I'm attaching some pics of my previous iPhone 4 case from like 2 years ago for comparison. Since I've had my iPhone 4 case, incase has made the camera hole larger and changed the color a bit to this uglier purple. In all fairness my friend has the snap case for the 4s in this "black frost" purple but I guess I was just wishing for the past. Anyways, pics!!!

Attached Files:

23. iEric4 macrumors member

24. iEric4 macrumors member

25. iEric4 macrumors member

Sorry but I'm doing this from my iPhone and macrumors mobile site... Was having trouble with desktop version say I wasn't logged in on other open pages

Attached Files: