iPhone 5 vs Sammy Galaxy Note...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by FCPcutter, Sep 7, 2011.

1. FCPcutter macrumors newbie

Honestly... Apple has to SHOW ME THE SCREEN SIZE!!!!

I'm jealous of the 4.5 inch screens on the HTC's, I'm SUPER JEALOUS of the upgradable back cover and HUGE battery packs they can add to HTC's...

I have had EVERY iPhone less than two weeks after each was out. I love my iPhone, but the hardware is officially boring me. The lack of support for video format files is also a pain.

I HOPE the iPhone comes out with a 4.3 or bigger screen... or I'm probably going to shift away from the iPhone. I hate to say it. I don't want to say it, I already regret saying it...

The Note with a 5.3 inch screen, with the flexibility a stylus and a HUGE aftermarket battery would be enormous... I don't care. I'm 6'5 and 210. I can carry a big fat phone and watch video without squinting, pictures without zooming constantly, etc.

I know it won't happen... But I would LOVE an iPhone that size... I'll miss you simple, sweet and easy iOS. Take care of her gents. She likes it slow and easy.

2. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

I feel the same about wanting a bigger screen, maybe not quite Note-sized, but 4.3" would be amazing. I'm about your size and could easily handle a bigger display.

Also, get ready for a lot of criticism OP.

3. Yumunum macrumors 65816

Yumunum

I'm debating whether to leave iOS too. I miss a lot of things about Android... (I've had many different phones) But I wouldn't get the iCloud.

All my photos, music, docs, ect., would be conveniently on my phone, and it'd be through a good service. 3rd party workarounds on Android don't work the same way.

Idk... It's a tough choice. Especially because I KNOW all that I'd be missing/gaining. I know both OSs so well. It's just decision time...

4. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

5. Yumunum macrumors 65816

Yumunum

At least if you buy the non-US versions of Android phones, you have a chance of getting updates on time.

Hey, just looking on the bright side! lol :p

6. TechZoomOrg macrumors newbie

TechZoomOrg

I too, liking the Galaxy Note. It is a tempting device with best mobile OS available at the moment. (iOS 5 is not yet released)

iPhone 5 will have a 4inch screen which I think is good enough as far as the practical portability of a phone is concerned.

Galaxy Note is probably the best combination of features & design which is good if you're willing to carry it in hand all the time or don't wear skinny jeans or have employed a driver :)

Technology is creating things difficult on buyers to make a decision. ;)

7. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

These days it's pretty easy to get a phone from overseas though, provided you're willing to pay full price.

8. TechZoomOrg macrumors newbie

TechZoomOrg

Rightly said :)
    That's how I got my first iPhone 3GS 32GB from US :)

9. iPhysicist macrumors 6502a

iPhysicist

Please don't call for a bigger iPhone screen ...just shift to other brands. Do it fast but silent - don't look back. YOU want a BIGGER SCRREN so go and get it. It is already out there. You just need to grab one. It's easy.

10. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

And my iOS apps? Am I expected to forget about the money I've invested? Since it seems to not be an issue for you, how about you switch to a 3.5" Android and we'll take a bigger iPhone. Sound fair?

11. Yumunum macrumors 65816

Yumunum

Guessing you're a small-phone person who's afraid of the iPhone getting like 1cm bigger? :rolleyes:

And we're not just gonna take any big phone. A lot of people are waiting for specific phones that aren't out yet (Nexus Prime, GSII, Note) Funny how those are all made by Samsung... They really are turning into Apple's #1 enemy. Their Galaxy Seseseszz sure are popular

12. FCPcutter thread starter macrumors newbie

It will never happen... but I'd love an iPhone air and an iPhone pro...

Why yes, it's got a 5.3 inch screen and is the size of a brick, but it lasts a week without a charge. Yes PLEASE!!!!

13. aleni macrumors 68020

i would loveeeee an iPod touch 3g with many sizes, 4.3", 5" and 7". and i dont mind non retina display. 1280x800 would be good enough.

14. auxsend macrumors regular

It's all about the screen baby. I am on the fence with the iPhone 5 screen size too. I see all these droid phones with these bigger screens, and I dream of an iPhone with at least a 4 inch screen.

At this point, if the iPhone 5 falls below 4 inches, Hello Droid.

(hard for me to say, I've been an Apple and Mac owner for my entire life.)

15. lellis2k macrumors 6502

lellis2k

Give me a 4.3" please, I know they won't though it's too much of a jump, probably more like 3.7 or 4, then I'll get upset and buy it anyway.

16. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

We might see a 3.7" or a 4" display, but I wouldn't be surprised if they kept the 3.5" display.

Additionally, I've invested way too much into iTunes and the App Store to move to Android. Plus I love iOS. Best thing ever.

17. GR33NIE macrumors 6502

Couldn't agree more, if the 5 isn't a decent leap forward I'm considering another platform for a year for a bit of a change

18. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

I am currently using a 4.3" phone. For m tastes it's just a smidge too big for my taste. For that reason I want the iPhone 5 to have a 4" screen. The physical size wouldn't be a bother for me since I've been using this phone for almost two years now and the size isn't an issue.

19. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

The reality is, until Apple tells their followers a larger screen is what they want, nothing will change. Apple does what they want, when they want to do it and their worshippers follow. It's just a proven fact.

Apple's unique power over the masses is what's made them the company they are today. Like it or not, it's how it is. Apple gets away with things no other company could.

20. Goratrix macrumors regular

That's impossible. Due to the way iOS app GUIs are implemented, Apple can only use resolutions that are 4x the original resolution. Which means they can't change the iPhone resolution at all, and if they want to change the iPad resolution, they need to go to 2048x1536.

21. imotionb18 macrumors member

I love to see a 4 inch screen on the new iphones, but nothing bigger than that.

22. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

There is no way the battery will last that long with that big of a screen. To me, that is the number one concern with the Note. Two other concerns are how well will it fit in a pocket and can you use it one-handed.

23. jaytv111 macrumors regular

24. OptyCT macrumors 6502

I fixed that for you.

25. dvoros macrumors 6502

iPhone 5 with much larger screen

Count me in as one of those who likes a 5.3 inch screen so I can surf/read the web, emails and watch videos.