iPhone 5: WHY are people expecting it this fall?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by happymac2711, Jul 25, 2011.

1. happymac2711, Jul 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2011

happymac2711 macrumors newbie

Ok, Apple always announces in June for things that come out in September, we all know this, right?

So WHY are people so convinced the UNANNOUNCED iPhone 5 is coming out this year? Trade in your 3GS for an iPhone 4 and get over it. No one knows when the iPhone 5 is coming out. So stop getting your hopes up and STOP paying attention to all the rumors....

/end vent/rant

Just had to get that out. I'm just tired of people thinking a magical un-announced iPhone 5 will be out in two months just because the internet told them so. If the internet said you had to jump off a bridge and then hop around on one foot to make it rain would you believe that too? :mad: :confused:

2. mpfef macrumors newbie

What have they EVER announced in June that came out in September?

3. pintnight macrumors 6502

The next iPhone will be released in September.

4. neworleans-7 macrumors regular

neworleans-7

This is comedy lol. I DO think there will be a new iPhone released within the next 3 months though.

5. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

Yes Apple always did launch the iPhone in June during WWDC. No, they don't announce iPhones in June and release them in September, that never happens.

There will be an iPhone 5, and it's not because "the internet told us so".
    Why are we convinced? Because the proof is everywhere. I think a better question is.. why are you in denial?

6. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

You know what this site is called right? It has rumours right in the name. What did you expect to find here? People like to speculate, get used to it. Why are you so convinced the iPhone 5 won't be announced? Like you said, no one knows, including you.

Side note: /=end, you don't need to type it out. EDIT: actually you seem to have used it appropriately since you didn't end your rant there.

7. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

Number one rule of ranting. Be correct about what you are ranting about.

8. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

Seriously, if the iPhone 5 does come out in September.... your gonna feel really stupid.

9. vanzantapple macrumors 6502

vanzantapple

Yeah, this is a rumor site. So complaining about the existence of rumors on this forum is kinda of odd, even though it happens all day every day.

I'm convinced that the new iPhone is coming soon because it has been almost 400 days since iP4 came out, plus the Android hardware flew past the iPhone months ago.

I probably won't get one but I like gadgets so I'll be glued to the new iPhone 5 rumors. :D

10. Nicolas4ever, Jul 25, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2011

Nicolas4ever macrumors 6502a

Nicolas4ever

11. jrodsep macrumors 6502

jrodsep

I guess someone upgraded their 3gs for a ip4 before realizing that the new one was just a couple of months away...poor man.

12. ap3604 macrumors 68000

Agreed.

The only person that would say to upgrade to the iPhone 4 right now is someone who just recently did and is tired of feeling inferior with everyone talking about the iPhone 5 and it's improvements.

13. Apple OC, Jul 25, 2011

Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

14. Nicolas4ever macrumors 6502a

Nicolas4ever

yeah i totally agree with that. :D

15. Dandrews524 macrumors 6502

lets all save this thread, then when the new iphone comes out in september, each of us can send the OP the link

16. spokes1124 macrumors member

iPhone 5 will be released same day as iOS 5...bottom line...There is no point in releasing the phone without the new os..

17. alvindarkness, Jul 25, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2011

alvindarkness macrumors 6502

I got the iphone4 the other day because I am *certain* the 5 is coming out soon (and am *certain* it will take the ipad2 route of being impervious to limera1n), and because 4.3.4 was released and I wanted a IP4 before 4.3.3 SHSH blobs werent signed anymore. I've always bought my iphones outright and will get the 5 in september pending dev-team news - but Im pessimistic.

You know not everyones priorities are the same.

On a side note I do agree with you though. Most everyone would want the 5 over a 4 obviously - and why would someone recommend a 4 now. Doesnt make sense. All signs point to 5 (or at least a 4GS-esque version) coming out this year.

18. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

Just because someone thinks there will be an iPhone 5 in September does not make them stupid. There are plenty of reasons to think it can happen.

19. tekker macrumors regular

MacRUMORS

P.S. My Apple shareholder detector is pinging like you can't even believe.

20. nostresshere macrumors 68030

A few months ago this might have made sense.

There is just too much information to deny a new phone 4x or 5 is coming out very soon. Why deny it?

As to moving from 3 /3g up to a 4 right now, this is a personal decision. Since the new Iphone 3's I have work just fine and I really believe there will be a jump, small or ? by Sept or so, I will wait. Seems very logical to me.

Personally, spending money on an Iphone 4 right now makes very little sense.

21. Dunbar macrumors 6502a

22. chiwhitesoxfan1, Jul 25, 2011

chiwhitesoxfan1 macrumors newbie

I'd bet a hefty sum that an iPhone 5 will be available in September.

23. astral125 macrumors 6502

iPhone 1
    Announced Jan 9, 2007
    Released Jun 29, 2007

iPhone 3G
    Announced Jun 9, 2008
    Released Jul 11, 2008

iPhone 3GS
    Announced Jun 8, 2009
    Released Jun 19, 2009

iPhone 4
    Announced Jun 7, 2010
    Released Jun 24, 2010

*release dates are first models released

So what was released in September?

24. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_4 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8K2 Safari/6533.18.5)

You know that feeling you get when your out at the pub and after a few drinks you wander off to the bathroom and it's not until you're a few steps in that you realize you're in the women's room and not the men's room?

That's pretty much what this guy did, except he was looking for MacFacts.com and ended up at MacRumors.com.

While we don't have any concrete, definitive evidence that there is a new iPhone this year, the sheer amount of circumstantial, and credibly sourced information is too much to ignore. The iPhone has become Apple's flagship product which in many cases leads customers to purchase other Apple products (iPads, Macs ...) even more so that iPods ever did. For Apple to NOT release an updated iPhone this year would cause a pretty significant hit in their projected profits. If you've been watching Apples stocks lately you'll see that they are almost daily surpassing their all-time high value per share - this is a clear demonstration of the shareholders anticipation of a huge product that will send the profits through the roof. While this alone doesn't indicate anything, the fact that Apple is, at the moment creating this huge demand bubble means they have only two options - fulfill the expectations and demands to send their growth through to roof, or do nothing and allow this bubble to burst.

Apple, and Steve Jobs are much too savvy to allow this to happen my friend, I hope you are wise enough to see this as well.

25. GoldMan macrumors member

GoldMan

I promise you a risk-free, brand new iPhone 4 in November if Apple DOES NOT release a iPhone 5 (or iPhone 4S) in September/October:apple: