iPhone 5c popped out of plastic casing

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ToasterBub, Oct 13, 2013.

1. ToasterBub, Oct 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2014

ToasterBub macrumors newbie

I think my iPhone 5c may have dropped, because near the top of the screen it slightly popped out of the case. Should I be able to take it apart myself at home or do I need to get it repaired?
    Here's a picture: http://postimg.org/image/80wrur0od/

HNI_0053_MPO.jpg

2. Opstech macrumors 6502a

Opstech

Wow. There's always a first. Is there any damage from the drop? It wouldn't hurt to take it in.

3. krspkbl macrumors 6502

krspkbl

Best bet is to take it to the Apple Store! If you open it yourself you'll void your warranty.

I could be totally wrong but it might be your battery pushing it out. It could be faulty. I'm not sure what else it could be apart from fall damage/expanding battery.

4. ToasterBub thread starter macrumors newbie

Everything else works just fine. No damage or scratches even. If it weren't for the angle I could probably just pop the screen back in.

5. ToasterBub thread starter macrumors newbie

Will I be able to fix it on my own? I saw a video on how to tear down an iPhone 5c, and I may be able to just put the screen back in place. You'd understand if you had my iPhone

6. Partridge macrumors 6502

Looks like you probably could fix it yourself...

IF you have the pentalobe drivers to do it. Considering you're even asking this question, I'm going to presume that you don't. Just take it in.

7. GoofyCyborg macrumors member

I would take it in and play dumb, if you try pushing the screen in you risk breaking it. Should you undo the screws and mark them or leave any internal marks or prints then you kiss goodbye to the warranty.

I doubt they would even open it in store and if they do they have to prove that you caused the damage, you could argue that the screen wasn't sited correctly upon manufacture.

8. pikachu2k7 macrumors regular

Take it to Apple. But I wonder what the phone would look like WITHOUT the colored shell...

9. brand macrumors 601

brand

Its your phone how would you not know if it had been dropped or not?

10. g4manimac macrumors 6502

What he's trying to say is he dropped it and the screen popped out at the corner (lucky it didn't crack it looks flexed) and wanting to know the best route.

My opinion

If you care about warranty take it back and see what you can't get accomplished worst they can say is no which I'm seeing more and more they rarely do unless under obvious circumstances.

If you don't care about warranty (you should) then it is very easily repaired and ifixit.com can get you on your way to having it fixed in no time but the question is will it happen again

11. abz1981 macrumors 65816

Take it to apple. But that looks like the slate iPhone 5 in a 5c case. :D

12. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

That would be hilarious.

13. hansonjohn590 macrumors 6502

I'd take it to Apple as this may very well be the first of it's occurrence and they send things like these back to the engineering team for feedback.

14. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

take it out of the plastic case to see if it's an iphone 5

15. g4manimac macrumors 6502

The volume buttons do look like they are all one piece ....why why why would u do a thing like this!

16. kelsee macrumors newbie

I FIXED MINE THE EXACT SAME THING HAPPENED TO ME!! i was scared to push it back in plus its really hard to push with your fingers so bit down in the corner wear it popped out with my two back teeth and it snapped right in! please tell me if this worked for you!

17. mikeydeezy macrumors 6502a

mikeydeezy

Are you telling him to bite down on his phone?!

18. richlee111 macrumors regular

Wife dropped her green 5c. The top hand right side of the screen popped out about 1.5mm. So I layed it down on a cutting board at the kitchen counter. Then, with a dish towel put in between the phone, I pushed straight down hard on the corner. Popped right back in. The thing works fine.

Problem solved:)

19. jonasdamn macrumors 6502a

*iPhone cant live in plastic, he tries to escape from it*

20. Serenity03 macrumors newbie

Same thing happened to me hours after i got the phone i went in to labor, dropped it and notice my screen popped out exactly like yours and i tried pushing it in myself with no luck then sitting here reading the comments i tried what that person said about biting down on it AND IT WORKED lol #GoodAsNew

21. lauracmeredith macrumors newbie

Just did the back teeth bite down....it WORKED! Scared me to do it, but I put light pressure and heard a POP! and it went right back in. I was afraid to look at my screen because I thought I cracked the screen, but nope everything is good as new!!!

22. Harmonious Zen macrumors 6502a

Please tell me this is all a joke...

23. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

24. Dontazemebro macrumors 68020

Dontazemebro

There goes that great 5c build quality. Hilarious that people are actually telling you to bite your phone.

25. thegrants82 macrumors 65816

Well said...