Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

As we've been documenting in updates to our article about shortages of gold iPhone 5S models in Australia, shortages of all models of the device are rapidly coming apparent as Apple's online stores in the Asia-Pacific region are coming back online.

au_iphone_5s_7_10_days.jpg
In both Australia and China, all models in all colors are showing shipping estimates of 7-10 business days at launch, with Hong Kong and Singapore seeing even longer estimates simply stating "October".

The extended shipping dates suggest that supplies are likely to be tight around the world, meaning that those looking to order through Apple's online stores will need to consider their plans if they hope to have a device in hand quickly. In-store stocks are also likely to be quite limited, with perhaps more customers now electing to camp out at their local stores once they've seen the delays they may encounter ordering online.

Article Link: iPhone 5s Orders Launch to 7-10 Day Estimates in Australia/China, 'October' in Hong Kong/Singapore

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
you guys updated the other thread w/ this info, no need for this new one to fill your 1st page MR...

Eduardo1971

macrumors 65816
Jun 16, 2006
Lost Angeles, Ca. usa
I guess I have no other choice than go online at 1201 am this morning when the 5s goes on sale here in the US.

I initially was going to go my nearest Apple store (or AT&T store if the Apple sold out) and but the phone. This does not bode well.:(

rtr1985

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2012
Are those the same prices that apply to the US?

e.g., $999 for a 32GB?

thebeans

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2009
Others first

I think it is cool that the 5s started selling in other countries before the US. Helps the world market image of the company and sticks it to the silly ones who think the US should get everything first :D

newdeal

macrumors 68030
Oct 21, 2009
As I commented in a previous thread Apples no preorders for the iPhone 5S followed by controlled leaks of tight supplies and now this are all to get people lining up. It has been years (iPad 2 launch) since there were crazy lines for an apple product so I am not surprised that Apple wants to get back some of the thunder and the free publicity that having stupid long lines provides

imageWIS

macrumors 65816
Mar 17, 2009
NYC
I guess I have no other choice than go online at 1201 am this morning when the 5s goes on sale here in the US.

I initially was going to go my nearest Apple store (or AT&T store if the Apple sold out) and but the phone. This does not bode well.:(

Hey, at least you don't have to wait until 3:01 am like those in the east coast! :eek:

My plan is: first try to order online, if that fails, stay awake and line up outside at&t store at like 6 or 7 am.

Jman13

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Columbus, OH
I just need mine in the next 2 weeks. So, hopefully, I'm able to get through quickly tonight and can get an order in that will ship to me in a reasonable amount of time.

p3ncil

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2009
It a little odd this year round.
Usually in Singapore, they would state the shipping times.
This time round it's by october...:confused:

I guess they are giving out Telcos priority... :(

UnfetteredMind

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2012
Looks like I'll be waiting for October or possibly November for general availability before going to a T-Mobile store to pick one up to test their coverage in my area. Maybe the new rMBPs will be released before then :)

tekie99

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2010
my buddy in S Fla who is a att manager confirmed to me his store received NO white or gold phones.. only black.. and about 30 of each size for tomorrow morning... Apparently Apple has notified all carriers and retail that only black phones will arriving today for sale tomorrow... and according to apple people I know in S. Fla also.. they also haven't gotten anything but black phones..

tigres

macrumors 601
Aug 31, 2007
Land of the Free-Waiting for Term Limits
For 1 update a year, you would think the supply chain king would have his house in order. If not, don't announce the damn thing.

I can hear the earnings call now- supply constraints and channel inventory hit the bottom line- iMac all over but at its largest flagship item.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.