Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Primus84

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2005
UK
I hate everyone who are getting theirs tomorrow!

sour grapes!:(
lol

Yup me too, I've had to order an unlocked one from Apple instead, gonna go for a cheap sim only deal with EE and it does actually work out cheaper over the 2 years doing it this way so hopefully Apple will get a phone to me relatively quickly.

DarkStryder360

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2014
Phoned up Customer Care, not Branch. After 15 min on hold, I asked the guy about my order. He said it will be there tomorrow instore for pick up.

Not once did I mention, nor he mention iPhone 6 haha.

He said I will receive an email + txt later tonight.

Not convinced at all. :confused:

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
My wife ordered her iPhone a day before me after mine messed up originally, yet I have all my tracking and order confirmation and she doesn't. CPW just gave her an order number on the phone for tracking but it's nothing to do with DPD and obviously doesn't work. She's not happy so I better not run it in too much tomorrow if hers doesn't arrive.

WATTS1

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2010
I ordered IP6 16GB, have a tracking number but rang DPD who say they haven't got it but CPW say its scanned and i will get it tomorrow. Very conflicting information.

If i had an idea how they handle orders and delivery then that would be that but so far not looking good at DPD but CPW say delivery tomorrow?

So either DPD have it and are only allowed to scan it later/tomorrow due to restrictions on gettting it on 19th or they dont have it and i wont get it?

Or maybe its not been picked up or its gone missing... aaaaaghhh so frustrating... :(

R-head

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2011
Well my 6 a 64GB SG ordered around 9.30 on the 12 arrived at my local store today. Just in time for me to pick it up in the morning :)

Primus84

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2005
UK
I hope everyone who gets one tomorrow from CPW enjoys them and gets them without issues but I wish CPW a very slow and painful death after my experience. I will never again buy anything from them, they simply cannot be trusted and their approach to customers stinks.

MacMandy

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2006
Manchester, UK
I hope everyone who gets one tomorrow from CPW enjoys them and gets them without issues but I wish CPW a very slow and painful death after my experience. I will never again buy anything from them, they simply cannot be trusted and their approach to customers stinks.

Well said!

Thankfully I have one reserved at the Apple Store, but never going through CPW again. The man was rude and patronising when I phoned up to check things. If I hadn't phoned up, I'd have no idea that my iPhone was delayed until 13th Oct even though I ordered at 8am on Friday 12th. They'll end up the same as Phones4U at this rate!

morty192

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 26, 2010
despite live chat guarantee last night that I would get it and given a duff tracking number CS has confirmed I won't get it. To say I'm raging is an understatement. If they'd just been honest from the start it would be ok.

WATTS1

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2010
Praise the gods!!!

We have your parcel, and it's on its way to your nearest depot in...

our estimated delivery date is Friday 19 September 2014

Awesome news from CPW! :)

rockhopper353

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2014
Totally agree with the above sentiment, not sure if I'll receive mine tomorrow or ever from the conflicting emails I've previously received, wouldn't be the end of the world if I don't and end up going elsewhere, cowboy outfit !

dommorgan

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2009
Ordered last Friday at 8:05am from CPW.
iPhone 6 plus 64GB in space grey.

Just had the email it's with DPD.

Only other email was the order acknowledgment.

Did I harass them once? Nope!

Lesson learnt? Chill and order early!

On another plus note, CPW must have messed some of the pricing up first thing as I didn't pay a penny up front on the phone and have 20Gb of data for around 45 quid a month.

GavinM

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2009

On another plus note, CPW must have messed some of the pricing up first thing as I didn't pay a penny up front on the phone and have 20Gb of data for around 45 quid a month.

Yep, they really messed up the prices early on. I picked up a 128gb Plus with 20gb data for £60 up front and £43 a month. The offer was removed pretty quickly though (it was actually removed whilst I was in check out, my tariff was downgraded to 5gb a month but then received a text out of the blue this evening apologising and saying it will go back up to 20gb).

Hopefully I will receive my shipping notice soon as I checked the carphone warehouse website and my order has now moved from pre-order to processing.

Primus84

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2005
UK

I ordered early, didn't harass them, only contacted them last night when others had heard and I hadn't and I have no phone tomorrow and no prospect of one for weeks. Your message makes it sound like people who haven't got one have caused it themselves.

dommorgan

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2009
I ordered early, didn't harass them, only contacted them last night when others had heard and I hadn't and I have no phone tomorrow and no prospect of one for weeks. Your message makes it sound like people who haven't got one have caused it themselves.

Never trust a call centre worker who's had to answer the phone over a 1000 times in a day ;)
You never know when they might snap.

In all seriousness though, getting in early should have been enough. Call centre staff are generally forced to answer questions with some prefabricated answers, so when they said they had no stock, they were using one of those prefabbed answers in the wrong context.

Unfortunately that's the nature of the beast nowadays, sometimes you might end up talking to somebody savvy but there's a greater chance you won't.

Primus84

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2005
UK
Never trust a call centre worker who's had to answer the phone over a 1000 times in a day ;)
You never know when they might snap.

In all seriousness though, getting in early should have been enough. Call centre staff are generally forced to answer questions with some prefabricated answers, so when they said they had no stock, they were using one of those prefabbed answers in the wrong context.

Unfortunately that's the nature of the beast nowadays, sometimes you might end up talking to somebody savvy but there's a greater chance you won't.

I ordered online, the screw-up was their processing of orders, nothing to do with me talking to someone savvy or otherwise. I think you're being very glib towards some pretty disappointed people and I think it's out of line.

dommorgan

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2009
I ordered online, the screw-up was their processing of orders, nothing to do with me talking to someone savvy or otherwise. I think you're being very glib towards some pretty disappointed people and I think it's out of line.

I'm merely commenting on you took the word of who ever you spoke to, there is a good chance you might still have received it.

A lesson I learnt a few years ago was never trust the answer you get from them.

In fairness, if you were to be phoneless, I would probably have called.

I've not received my phone yet so I'm not counting my chickens just yet.

Primus84

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2005
UK
I'm merely commenting on you took the word of who ever you spoke to, there is a good chance you might still have received it.

A lesson I learnt a few years ago was never trust the answer you get from them.

In fairness, if you were to be phoneless, I would probably have called.

I've not received my phone yet so I'm not counting my chickens just yet.

There was no chance I was getting that phone, all those who are getting them have had dispatch notifications etc. Again, it's a point that doesn't need to be made, more polite to keep that kind of thing to yourself.

dommorgan

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2009
There was no chance I was getting that phone, all those who are getting them have had dispatch notifications etc. Again, it's a point that doesn't need to be made, more polite to keep that kind of thing to yourself.

I had not received any contact from CPW until 6pm today other than the post order email.
I thought I was in your boat to upon reading your posts earlier.
If you've cancelled as you said then we will never know.

I don't wish rubbish service on anyone so I hope you end up with the phone you want ASAP.

Primus84

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2005
UK
I had not received any contact from CPW until 6pm today other than the post order email.
I thought I was in your boat to upon reading your posts earlier.
If you've cancelled as you said then we will never know.

I don't wish rubbish service on anyone so I hope you end up with the phone you want ASAP.

To be honest I got the point where I didn't want CPW making any money off me at all, buying the phone outright and getting a cheap sim only deal works out cheaper over the 2 years too so short-term pain for long-term gain. Not happy about it but lesson learned, I'll never trust a company like CPW for a pre-order ever again.

dbl0ke

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2014
To be fair to CPW they've been excellent with me. I ordered an 128GB iPhone 6 plus silver online on Saturday morning and it arrived in store for me this morning according to DPD. It was also a great deal (now withdrawn) that was £100 less than going with Vodafone direct.

morty192

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 26, 2010
despite live chat guarantee last night that I would get it and given a duff tracking number CS has confirmed I won't get it. To say I'm raging is an understatement. If they'd just been honest from the start it would be ok.

Despite this I got an email to say it will be dispatching from the warehouse very soon. Hopefully it comes to me on Saturday - I think DPS have said they will deliver this weekend but hopefully Monday at the latest :)

XplosiveWood

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2013
Managed to get an iPhone 6+ 64GB in Silver today on Voda from Carphone. They had no stock left anywhere in any colour or size apart from Silver. They had 44 left across the country and this was at about half 4. If anyone hasn't already bought a phone they may want to try in store tomorrow and see if there are any 64GB silvers left, only issue is they have to be delivered so I won't be getting mine until at least Saturday.

mdcooper88

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2014
Mine is on a pre 10am delivery with DPD, its currently at the local depot waiting to be loaded on the van.

Keeping everything crossed because I need to leave at half 9 to go on holiday!

Matt

ryan.taylor06

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2014
Glasgow, UK
Mine is on a pre 10am delivery with DPD, its currently at the local depot waiting to be loaded on the van.

Keeping everything crossed because I need to leave at half 9 to go on holiday!

Matt

Your in the same situation as me. I need to have mine before 10 otherwise I'll no get it till Monday as I'm away for the weekend! Seriously hope they make a move on lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.