Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you have any issues with your iPhone 6 / 6 Plus?

• No, everything is fine.

Votes: 209 67.6%
  • Yes.

Votes: 76 24.6%
  • Did not check it enough yet

Votes: 24 7.8%

• Total voters

austriak

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2011
The only thing I noticed was that when it was restoring from iCloud backup, the phone got warm but I think that is normal for heavy use.

appleboyy

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2010
c326805f658d1cd3c08af836c29e2649.jpg

Light leak on mine

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Just got it and I don't plan on finding issues, I'll just use it and if there is a problem I can just take it to the apple store and get it replaced.

Grkbella03

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2010
Mine isn't registering the buttons I hit. If I hit contacts, it give me flashlight, etc. Can't text, etc.:mad:

I'm having somewhat of a similar issue. How is it when you text? A lot of buttons isn't registering for me. Can't tell if its display issues or software bug.

str8spd2001

macrumors regular
May 12, 2009
Los Angeles
Real racing 3 game needs to update. The camera button in the top right corner and pause button does not respond. Seems it doesn't recognize the new screen size. I'm on a 6+ BTW.

335NJ

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2014
I'm having somewhat of a similar issue. How is it when you text? A lot of buttons isn't registering for me. Can't tell if its display issues or software bug.

Weird, mine seems to have "Smoothed out" after some use, and some power cycles. Apple will definitely need to release an update to iOS soon to work out some minor bugs here and there. I have an appt. with Genius tomorrow to get my iP5 battery replaced, so i'll show them the bugs in the phone if they appear again.

Anything new for you? Or same boat?

Sefid263

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2014
My iPhone six has a syncing problem with videos. It will only sync certain movies but not all my music videos. And then when I try to re-sync it will erase the movies that were previously synced, and then sync other movies and never sync music videos. When I opened the Videos app, I can see all of my music videos and movies. But the music videos don't have an icon associated with them. The movies do. When you click on most of them they will not play. anyone else have this issue? Any success?

Mcgintydm

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2014
Came here to report problems. Wasn't looking but my screen has like 4 to 5 stuck white pixels grouped together and my backlight is finicky. I'm at 100% brightness with auto brightness turned off and every so often my display will dim about 20% on its own. Very sudden and noticable. And then go right back to bright. =\

I shouldn't complain but it was 900$ so I want a replacement. It was too expensive to have issues. Hope apple will look at it =\

pauld1121

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2009
No dead pixels or light leak on my 64GB 6 (space gray) but the engraving on the back ("iPhone" and all the little identifiers and logos) is slightly crooked. It is angled down and to the right about 5-10 degrees. It is fairly noticeable (especially with the antenna band just underneath it providing a "horizon line") though not something I would personally call a "problem." Some might disagree since this would presumably be one of the more straightforward QC checks.

Romf

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2011
Paris, France
If can help people with WIFI issues:

I had very slow wifi issue (was getting less than 9mb from my wifi)
I found solution suggested to someone by Apple hotline on Apple forum:
RESET NETWORK SETTINGS
I went from 9/22mb (download/upload) to 31/74

dantay

macrumors 6502
May 11, 2006
UK
Dust under screen.

I received my 6 Plus yesterday, physically it is the most perfect apple device I have ever opened, no marks of any type at all, very happy with the assembly QC on the outer case.
Switched it on to the welcome screen......3 bits of dust immediately visible under the glass......gutted!
Will be returning it, cancel contract, try again in a few weeks.
The main reason for moving back to iOS is that I really want the :apple: Watch!

JasonH42

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2010
My 6 screen dims by itself for a while sometimes; auto-brightness is off and brightness set to maximum. Other owners have reported this happening.

VendettaAmir

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2014
I have the issue of when I'm talking on a call and I put it on loudspeaker, the person on the other end can't hear me... There is nothing coving the bottom of the phone so all ports are free...
Anyone else have this problem and or know how to fix it??

pranman

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2014
iPhone 6 won't boot up

So I was setting up my phone as a restore from backup (from an iphone 5) via iTunes. I see now that people here have suggested this is the likely route that will cause problems.

The restore completed in itunes and the iphone 6 looked like it was restarting (I saw the Apple logo). But then it went off and remained in 'switched off' state.

I've tried a reset but that had no effect. The apple logo comes on for a few seconds and then goes off again - and the phone remains off.

I called Apple Support and they have advised a replacement phone will take 3-4 weeks. Alternately, I have the options to take it in to the Genius Bar via the usual appointment route.

I am surprised (and disappointed) that Apple do not have a more expeditious process to solve iphone 6 warranty issues/replacements. The earliest genius bar appointment I can get is in 3 days (at a time that is not really ideal for me) or 6 days.

On a side note, Apple Support was really frustrating. I don't think they understood or empathised with me and kept me on hold for over 10 minutes while they figured out what to do with my case.

I am in the UK, so EU laws apply for warranties etc (generally more consumer friendly than in the US). I pre-ordered my phone on the Apple website. It arrived this morning.

Any advice?

Thanks.

ToyGun1

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2012
I received my 6 Plus yesterday, physically it is the most perfect apple device I have ever opened, no marks of any type at all, very happy with the assembly QC on the outer case.
Switched it on to the welcome screen......3 bits of dust immediately visible under the glass......gutted!
Will be returning it, cancel contract, try again in a few weeks.
The main reason for moving back to iOS is that I really want the :apple: Watch!

My device had Two bit of dust too and two dead pixels.
How did these device with dust pass Apple's QC.

UneElle

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2010
I had this issue syncing issue, check and see if this is your issue:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1677562/

I experienced the same problem with my 6+. In frustration I called Apple Support and he shared my screen with me. He had me Verify Disk Permissions then Repair them. Also Verified and Repaired Disk. Rebooted my MacBookPro, reconnected the iPhone, reconnected to iTunes and finished the sync rapidly.

Hope this works for you too.

nomad01

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2005
Birmingham, England
I have the issue of when I'm talking on a call and I put it on loudspeaker, the person on the other end can't hear me... There is nothing coving the bottom of the phone so all ports are free...
Anyone else have this problem and or know how to fix it??

Mine did the same yesterday. I had the plastic film still on it though. Tested a few times since and it's been fine.

Lannoc

macrumors regular
May 30, 2011
Mine appears to be perfect. How/where do you see dust? Maybe I don't know what I'm looking for?

frifra

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 29, 2008
The "scratch" problem between the screen and body seems to be a little more common. For some people it looks more like some piece of seal sticking out. It is said to be more visible on the white iPhones for this reasons. According to a German forum (apfeltalk.de) the issue also has been spoted at an iPhone on display in an Apple Store.

PS: New update to first post, including link to a picture thread about "circles" on the display.

Last edited:

skanska

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2014
Do you still have the protective skin over the phone? Mine is doing the same thing but if I flip it over they can hear me better. I'm wondering if there is another mic on the back thats being used for speakerphone?

If you still have the protective skin on it will block the Mike as it dosnt have cutouts on the protective skin.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.