Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple has begun accepting online pre-orders for the iPhone 6 and the iPhone 6 Plus in several different countries around the world, including the United States, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, Puerto Rico, Singapore, and the UK. There have been many technical problems with the load of users, so users in some areas might not be able to reach the website, or the app at this time.

Several U.S. carriers, including AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint are also accepting pre-orders for the devices. Multiple retail stores like Best Buy, Target, and Walmart will be accepting iPhone 6 and 6 Plus pre-orders when the stores open in the morning, at varying times. T-Mobile's website claims it is accepting pre-orders on the 12th, but did not begin taking orders at midnight like other carriers.

iphone6orders.jpg

Thus far, there have been few reports on available supply, but it's typically best to make an order right away if possible because in past years, pre-orders have sold out within mere minutes. iPhone 6 Plus supplies appear constrained, as AT&T and Verizon have shipping estimates of 14 to 21 days on several models.

In the United States, Apple is offering the iPhone 6 in 16, 64, and 128 GB capacities for $199, $299, and $399, respectively, with a two-year contract. Contract-free pricing begins at $649. Apple's higher-priced iPhone 6 Plus is available in 16, 64, and 128 GB capacities for $299, $399, and $499, respectively, with a two-year contract. Contract-free pricing on that device begins at $749.

The iPhone 6 and 6 Plus will be available in stores beginning on Friday, September 19, and the first crop of orders should arrive on that day. Apple is also allowing in-store pickup for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus pre-orders this year.

Update: It appears that while the app is up, the website is still down in the U.S. The app is also experiencing issues at times, giving users errors and listing all iPhone 6 Plus models as unavailable. Verizon and AT&T were taking preorders early, but appear to be overwhelmed.

Article Link: iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus Now Available for Pre-Order [Updated]

Last edited:

krashx7

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2012
haha except the website doesnt work and the carriers arent taking calls. screw it im going back to bed.

GuitarDTO

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2011
BS article to post when the site is down for most. Wake up at 3AM on the east coast for this crap.

KindredMAC

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2003
Well at least someone is awake at this ungodly hour to make a website update active...

flux73

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2009
"Apple has begun accepting online pre-orders for the iPhone 6 and the iPhone 6 Plus"

12:19 AM PST No they haven't.

shareef777

Suspended
Jul 26, 2005
Chicago, IL
Weird, in my house I have a window open and it wouldn't load. I also have a window open on my laptop from a terminal in my office that wouldn't open. My brother sitting next to me was able to get right in. I pushed thru my order for an iPhone6+ 64G space grey and it went thru immediately.

Though he's still having issues with his as he's going thru an ATT upgrade.

raringsunny

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2014
Virginia
Is this a joke?

[url=http://cdn.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png]Image[/url]

Apple has begun accepting online pre-orders for the iPhone 6 and the iPhone 6 Plus in several different countries around the world, including the United States, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan, Puerto Rico, Singapore, and the UK.

Several U.S. carriers, including AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, and Sprint are also accepting pre-orders for the devices. Multiple retail stores like Best Buy, Target, and Walmart will be accepting iPhone 6 and 6 Plus pre-orders when the stores open in the morning, at varying times.

Thus far, there have been few reports on available supply, but it's typically best to make an order right away if possible because in past years, pre-orders have sold out within mere minutes. iPhone 6 Plus supplies appear constrained, as AT&T and Verizon have shipping estimates of 14 to 21 days on several models.

In the United States, Apple is offering the iPhone 6 in 16, 64, and 128 GB capacities for $199, $299, and $399, respectively, with a two-year contract. Contract-free pricing begins at $649. Apple's higher-priced iPhone 6 Plus is available in 16, 64, and 128 GB capacities for $299, $399, and $499, respectively, with a two-year contract. Contract-free pricing on that device begins at $749.

The iPhone 6 and 6 Plus will be available in stores beginning on Friday, September 19, and the first crop of orders should arrive on that day. Apple is also allowing in-store pickup for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus pre-orders this year.

Article Link: iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus Now Available for Pre-Order

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.