iPhone 6 bigger screen - why

aidenh37

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 9, 2014
Canberra, Australia
Who can fit a massive phone like that in their pocket anyway?!

I LOVE the 3.5 inch screen I have. 4 inch looks okay, but...

What do you think?

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
I get what your saying. My scared as hell the damn thing won't fit in my pockets and that one hand use is going to go die in a hole. I have some pants that are so bad that my iPhone 4 falls out when I run or sit. But then I play a game and can't see what I'm doing and want a bigger screen. Their are pros and cons. But I'm sure apple will still sell the 4 inch screen in some way.

aPple nErd

macrumors 68030
Feb 12, 2012
Jailbreaks/IOS Hacks
its all because apple wants to get more new users from other platforms such as android to switch rather than satisfying the wants of its current customers. in my opinion its annoying, but i mean i get where they're coming from. 4.0 is the perfect size for me.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
I have difficulty reading on the 3.5" screen. I don't want a phablet, but I need a bigger screen to reduce eye strain. 4.5" would be ideal, but 4.7" is fine and, if done properly, doesn't have to be a gigantic phone.

HarryWild

macrumors 65816
Oct 27, 2012
Just get the iwatch! It about 1.8" for the premium model and 1.5" for the regular model. I don't think it can make phone calls just yet however.

Dave245

macrumors 604
Sep 15, 2013
I think a 4.7" and a 5.5" will be welcome, people want the choice. But i also think that Apple should keep a 4" iPhone around for those that don't want a larger phone. That way they will be able to cater to everyone :D

Personally i'm looking forward to a bigger screen iPhone, as to whether i will get a 4.7" or 5.5" well i will wait and see what the big :apple: announce and then take it from there.

pure-rockstar

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2014
I want a bigger iPhone yes but I'm not praising to the heavens about size. That's not on my priorities.

My priority is battery life. I'm sitting by the wall right now.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
The iPhone 6 is on the way and it IS bigger, that is a fact. If the OP wants to stay in a smaller iPhone, I suggest you keep the 4 and take care of it. Small screen phones are no longer in demand by the majority. Apple is really just catching up!

Skylitfly

macrumors 6502a
May 3, 2014
Because bigger screen is better... like seriously. After I got used to 5" phone it's incredibly hard to go back to 4" because it's WAY too small.

dlewis23

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2007
its all because apple wants to get more new users from other platforms such as android to switch rather than satisfying the wants of its current customers. in my opinion its annoying, but i mean i get where they're coming from. 4.0 is the perfect size for me.
I'm a current customer. Ive had every iPhone. My biggest want is a bigger screen so Apple is satisfying the wants of many of its current customers.

blairh

macrumors 68040
Dec 11, 2007
Who can fit a massive phone like that in their pocket anyway?!

I LOVE the 3.5 inch screen I have. 4 inch looks okay, but...

What do you think?
Because the iPhone 6 won't be massive.

It will most likely be as tall as a Nexus 5, as wide as a Moto X, and thinner than just about any phone on the market right now. It will be easy to use with one hand and fit in just about every pocket.

IMO 'massive' phones are phablets.

muu

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2010
My Iphone5 just barely fits into fuelbelt's 'bento box' for bike top frame tubes. With a bigger screen this will no longer be the case. I slip my phone in there along w/ keys and/or garage door opener whenever I'm bike commuting and the size increase definitely poses an issue.