iPhone 6 Leather case purchasers do you regret your purchase?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by bobright, Sep 22, 2014.

1. bobright macrumors 601

I'm on the fence not sure what case will be my permanent one but am kind of leaning toward the official Apple leather case. I've already seen them praised. I'm curious about any cons about them. Does anybody regret their purchase? Are they really known to fade quickly? Bulky? Worth the price tag or not?

2. MecPro macrumors 6502

I have it on my iPhone 5, in black. Cool case, does the job.

If you can go in store I suggest you use their demo cases. I do not know on the 6, but on the 5 it adds a fair amount of bulk, but only noticable when I use the 5 naked

3. blaugrana69 macrumors regular

Got the leather olive brown for my space grey 6. Looks good, very slim and adds little bulk. Never bothered with the 5s version because of the hassle of adaptors, etc not fitting, obviously that issue has now been removed (literally !). Interested in the the black sillicone for comparison, will hope to view when I'm in an Apple store later today (my wife collected the olive brown for me).

4. DanUC6, Sep 22, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2014

DanUC6 macrumors 6502a

I have olive brown on space grey. Love mine. Loved my iPhone 5s version too. It's just so soft and adds tremendous grip in a slim form.

Purchased the black silicone. I like it better.

5. OutGolfn macrumors regular

I have the Olive Brown as well and enjoy the feel. Always like how the leather changes with use over time.

6. jettie1767 macrumors 6502

I have the Olive Brown on my gold 6+. Love it except for the open bottom.

7. davistld01 macrumors 6502a

davistld01

I had the black leather case on my iP5 and loved it. I have the same color case on my 6...and it's developed "blisters" around the Apple logo on the rear. Very weird. I've been super careful as to where I lay down the phone too, so it hasn't been in any kind of chemical or anything. I even thought it might be the phone getting hot with long use and the heat transmitting through the case, and the "blisters" were just where the thin leather covering separated from the shell. Calling Apple this morning to arrange a return/replacement, and I'll give it another shot...

:confused:

8. sdyoyo macrumors member

Had the blue then returned it for the olive brown, love it

9. Ashtar macrumors regular

My black leather case rolled and curved around the power button area and it looked horrible and uneven. I called AppleCare and they are sending me another one. If it is uneven and ugly as well, I guess I will go with a silicone one.

10. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

I don't regret it because I got it for FREE from apple :D

11. PLamarine macrumors 6502

PLamarine

I returned mine and got the silicon one. The leather already had dings in it, and the buttons are more difficult to push on the leather.

The silicone case is all around better and very easy button pushes.

12. mac.cali macrumors 65816

Can you post a picture of the case? I have leather now and I'm thinking of going silicone.

13. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

I have the black case on my silver 6 Plus. Other combos I've seen and liked:

- Red leather on black/space grey
    - Brown on gold
    - Dark blue on gold (my favorite IMO and what I'll probably do for the 6S+)

The case itself adds minimal bulk but is not treated whatsoever, so you may want to invest in some sort of conditioner/waterproofing product for leather as the case will soak up water, skin oils, etc otherwise.

14. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

Can we see it before you return it so as a heads up what to look out for?
    Why did you return the blue that's the one I'm thinking of getting?

15. AE14 macrumors 65816

AE14

16. TheIntruder macrumors 6502a

TheIntruder

Is Apple still using aniline leather for their cases?

17. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

I have another question for the owners does the lip get in the way of the curved display while swiping from the edges? It might not hinder the function but like could you feel that its there is it pronounced?

18. iosuser macrumors 6502a

I have the black leather one for my 6. Having the lip there it doesn't feel as good as not having a case on, but doing edge swipe to go back/forward in Safari is no problem. Yes it is very pronounced, but I love the feel of the leather, very smooth and luxurious.

The iPhone 6 without a case is like holding a wet bar of soap. It's the most slippery iPhone yet! I'm really careful with my stuff and I almost dropped it. Went to the Apple store and bought the case and added AC+ on it.

BTW Best Buy is listing the iPhone 6 leather case for $39.99.

19. westcoastcyc, Sep 22, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
  20. mhdena macrumors 6502

The best part about the 5 5s leather cases was you could not see the apple logo.

That blue looks hidious.

21. davistld01 macrumors 6502a

davistld01

Hope you can see the "blisters".

[​IMG]

22. geoelectric macrumors 6502

geoelectric

The blue must be a customization. My Apple leather case just has an embossed logo, no color.

23. Taco1933 macrumors 6502

I set mine down on a damp counter and now it looks like garbage. Looked great for a day though. I think I may get the silicone one. More versatile.

24. Richie2000 macrumors 6502

Richie2000

No regrets here. Went for Midnight Blue on a silver 6 and the combo looks great.

25. solo118 macrumors 65816

Got olive brown (on space gray) and it looks great. I think I want an additional navy case, but lets see how this one holds up after a couple of weeks of usage.