iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus which did you get?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Le Hamilton, Oct 18, 2014.

?

Which did you get?

1. iPhone 6

84 vote(s)
    40.2%
  2. iPhone 6 Plus

125 vote(s)
    59.8%
  1. Le Hamilton macrumors member

I think that's an interesting question to see an overview

2. Pluto88888 macrumors regular

3. nfl46 macrumors 604

4. NJbuilder macrumors member

I got the 6. The 6 plus for MY NEEDS was too big.

5. enzo thecat macrumors 6502

enzo thecat

I got the 6 Plus. The 6 for MY NEEDS was too small.

6. NJbuilder macrumors member

Good choice then! I just didn't want to say that the 6 is the perfect size or some crap and start a war over nothing lol

7. Le Hamilton thread starter macrumors member

Why do you need two phones?

8. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

I got the 6. The plus was way to big for me. My wife got the 6 Plus and she loves it. It's nice to finally have an option with the iPhone size.

9. TheLondonFella Suspended

TheLondonFella

It's not the size.

It's what you do with it ...

10. iapplelove macrumors 601

iapplelove

128gb iPhone 6 plus. Hardest part was giving up my black slate colored iphone 5 for space grey.

11. CEmajr macrumors 601

128GB Space Gray iPhone 6

But I think there's already one of these polls on the forum.

12. soulreaver99 macrumors 68020

soulreaver99

Both. I i initially had the 6. Found an awesome deal on the 6 Plus and gave the 6 to my wife :)

13. jvette macrumors 6502

jvette

14. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus which did you get?

Good to hear that some people need or like the extra screen real estate.

I haven't bought the Plus yet (first paying off a trip to Oktoberfest 2014 - so worth it) and will mainly use it for a mix of work emails/web and personal use (maps, web, social, light gaming, etc). The screen on my 5 is too small to do any webmail work on it without constantly zooming and panning around to make targets (move to folder, etc) bigger. So I'm thinking the Plus will be excellent for that particular purpose.

[Before anyone asks, I refuse to let work hook into my phone via exchange (so I can use it via Mail.app) because their TOS requires them to have full access to the data on my personal device. That's not going to happen on principal. I don't have the option of a work iPhone and Surface tablet till the next promotion.]

15. Traverse macrumors 604

Traverse

I got the iPhone 6. I really like the 6 Plus when sitting down and using it, but for general day-to-day use it is too unwieldily. It was uncomfortable in some of my pants and my iPhone 6 just barely fits in my suit jacket pocket. The Plus wouldn't.

16. Farrellcollie macrumors 6502

We have one of each. My partner uses the 6+ most of the time because she watches stuff and I never do. I usually have the 6 because the phone part and email are my biggest needs. We switch sim cards at times when she needs the smaller phone.

17. BvizioN macrumors 601

BvizioN

18. RickTaylor, Oct 18, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2014

RickTaylor macrumors 6502a

I just got the 5s. I really like the smaller form factor, and I go to my iPad mini retina for anything where screen size is important.

P.S. Perhaps the 5s could be added as an option to the poll? I don't expect it to get much, but it's still for sale, and there may be a few of us who prefer it out there. :)

19. enzo thecat, Oct 18, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2014

enzo thecat macrumors 6502

enzo thecat

B. S.

This is the argument I see all the time here and I this time I just have to call BS. I wear SLIM cut pants 5 days a week to the office and SLIM cut jeans (now that its cool) on the weekends. I have no problem at all fitting my Plus and wallet or keys in the SAME pocket. In fact, we took the kids to the zoo yesterday and I walked around all afternoon not realizing the Plus was in the same pocket as my keys. When we went to get in the car I realized my keys were in the same pocket and feared my keys had scratched up my case. To say it cant fit in pockets is complete bogus nonsense.

Also FWIW, I wear a jacket to church on Sundays and it fits nicely in the inside pocket (although noticeably heavier than my 5s.

Just to be fair.... On the last few warm weekends I wore my hybrid board shorts (surfing). They are a very thin material that is made to stretch with your body. I didnt like carrying the Plus in those pockets. You could see the outline of the phone and the weight of the phone felt like it was going to pull the shorts down (Although they are a little bog for me). Also I felt the phone swinging as I walked. It wasnt terrible in those shorts, just uncomfortable and thats the one complaint I've had with my Plus.

20. Traverse macrumors 604

Traverse

It is not B.S.. The iPhone 6 Plus did fit in my pockets, but not in a way that was comfortable to me. I'm glad it works for you, but I didn't care for it and that doesn't make my opinion moot.

21. enzo thecat macrumors 6502

enzo thecat

How long did you try it? If you read my post, you will see why you will never convince me.

22. Surf Monkey macrumors 68030

Surf Monkey

Plus for me. Love it in every way. Not a single complaint of any kind!

23. Traverse macrumors 604

Traverse

But I'm not trying to convince anyone, I'm just sharing my opinion. The 6 Plus does fit in most pants and is usable day to day, but I prefer the 6. That's all I'm saying.

24. Le Hamilton thread starter macrumors member

More than 57% for the iPhone 6 Plus here? I think just 25% of all iPhone 6/ iPhone 6 Plus buyer choose a iPhone 6 Plus.

25. MinEderPlayz macrumors 6502a

MinEderPlayz

You got an iPad mini as a LARGER device? Wow you really have a RDF concerning sizes. Too used to smaller ones??? :D:D