iPhone 6 Scratches

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by andrewtm, Dec 8, 2014.

1. andrewtm macrumors regular

I've had a screen protector on my iPhone 6 since I've gotten it and it's really starting to annoy me. I heard the iPhone 6 screen scratches easily though so I'm kind of afraid to remove it.

How has your iPhone 6 screen been holding up? Is it worth the risk?

2. Itzamna macrumors regular

I only have a wool and leather sleeve and so far so good.. No scratches be it on front or back...

I'm extremely careful though... I never put the phone on any bag, i never put the phone together with any other thing on the pockets, i never put it naked on top of a table or marble or whatever...

3. raccoonboy macrumors 6502a

I never put screen protector on my Iphone. Maybe just once when i was with Iphone 4 then it annoyed me too much.

Been with the 6 for a month now, no screen protect. Still fine.

4. HenryDJP macrumors 603

No protector ever used and no scratches ever achieved on my 6 Plus.

5. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

I might put screen protector on my iPhone 6+ in few week but it looks beautiful without screen protector on it. It is hard choice. :apple:

6. marshallbedsaul macrumors 6502a

marshallbedsaul

I'm rather worried, so I put a protector on day one. But the freaking contest (dots specks) annoy me :(

7. Damolee macrumors 6502

Get a glass protector.

They feel great and the peace of mind is priceless.

8. marshallbedsaul macrumors 6502a

marshallbedsaul

Which one sir ,?

9. Ardmanz macrumors regular

I am running without a screen protector. It goes in my pocket but never with anything that can scratch it (keys, coins etc) and it's got a few scratches.

If I'd have known I'd have gotten a screen protector. I've never need one on any other phones.

10. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I got a screen protector for this very reason, so my screen is holding up very well. I've long been a proponent for screen protectors, ever since I had the olephobic coating wear off on my old iPhone.

11. richwoodrocket macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

No screen protector on my iPhone 5c. And it's been in my pocket with golf balls, tees and keys along with my phone. I hate screen protectors and haven't used them since my iphone 4.

12. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

http://www.zagg.com

I seriously can't tell the difference between zagg and the iPhone screen, touch feel anyway.

13. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

The issue is that the iPhone 6 has a more scratch prone glass. The 5, never seemed to incur scratches like the 6 can.

14. jeremiah239 macrumors 6502a

jeremiah239

I never use a screen protector, the screen is glass don't be an idiot and it will stay perfect for years.

15. blwade macrumors 6502

I have an incipio dual pro case... so it has a significant lip and I lay my phone face down all the time.

I've very rarely had it in my pockets with anything else... the times I noticed that I put something in the pocket with it (I do remember adding change one day..) I quickly removed it when I realized that I did that.

I've even accidentally dropped mine on asphalt. There weren't any rocks around. But the case saved the day.

I've not had a screen protector on it at all. I don't see any scratches. My scratches came on the back of my SG 6+ on the first weekend of use while I was waiting for my case... I have a couple small white lines there.

I might be tempted to get a screen protector... mine gets finger prints/smudges so bad. They aren't noticeable when the phone is on... but on that black front when the phone is off? Yikes.

16. its Dale macrumors 6502

Zagg tempered glass feels smoother to me. It also wipe prints away easier.. imo

it also doesnt give me that "i want to peel this thing off" feeling that plastic screen protectors do. once you go glass, you never go back.

17. Damolee macrumors 6502

18. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I keep my phones for about a year and they've only every incurred very slight scratching (the kind where you have to shine the light at the blank screen just right to see a 1-2mm hairline scratch. Not something to bother me enough to spend more money on a screen protector anymore (I used to feel like they were required). Always get top dollar for my used phones too, so I am not worried one bit.

19. eastamherstbias macrumors 6502

Nope, Never take it out of the case. Get the ZAGG glass protection for the front. It is worth it. My boss refuses a case and any protection. It has scratches and dings. Unless you are rich...... wrap your tool.

I like the Speck Cases and my friends swear by the Spigen.

20. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

I have had the Spigen Glas Tr on since day one. Feels same as iPhone screen and gives me the confidence that if something comes in contact with my screen, I do not have to worry that it will scratch the actual phone screen. And at $17, pretty cheap for peace of mind.

21. takeshi74 macrumors 601

You can't poll to determine if it's worth it to you. It's a call that you have to make. Whether others scratch their screens or not doesn't really mean anything with regard to whether you will or not.

22. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Never used a screen protector and never had a scratch but I am a holster user.

23. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I have had iPhones for almost 7 years now. I have cracked plastic backs. I have shattered screens. I have dented corners, messed up speakers, and damaged volume buttons. I once replaced an iPhone because ice cream got inside of it.

The one thing that has never happened to me has been a scratched screen.

I think screen protectors are the biggest scam. Unlike cases they actually degrade your usage of the phone and all to prevent something that I think is incredibly unlikely.

It's overkill and it keeps you from using your phone properly. They're all terrible.

24. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

25. marshallbedsaul macrumors 6502a

marshallbedsaul

Picked up today and wow ! Perfect easy install worry free now.
    No finger print issues, fitment is grade A, and 5.00 off 29.00 :)