iPhone 6S completely dead!!!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LucasLand, Oct 19, 2015.

1. LucasLand macrumors 6502a

LucasLand

Woke up this morning to find my iPhone completely dead

nothing happens to it when i try to charge, either in the car, wall charger or via desktop. even if i change cord. Tried hard resetting it multiple times and still no life. I connected it to iTunes and tried to retore twice only to get an error message (4014)

now i have to wait a day just to get an genius bar appt.

No excuse to have to have a $800 apple device die this fast. its over the 14 day return policy so I'm screwed. id take refund if i could

2. Subwaymac macrumors regular

Subwaymac

3. Mac-lover3 macrumors 6502

Mac-lover3

Go to an Apple Store or APR in your neighborhood. They will change it for 0$ if there is no water damage and if the screen isn't broken.

4. CNeufeld macrumors 6502a

Why are people assuming there's water damage?

And no offense, OP. But electronics die occasionally. Painting all iPhones black just because you had one phone die shortly after purchasing it is a bit over the top.

What have you done so far? Have you gotten it into DFU mode, and tried to restore it from scratch?

C

5. TedJustAdmitit macrumors regular

TedJustAdmitit

Do you have another computer you can try restoring on? There might be a number of problems with iTunes on the computer you are attempting to restore from and the fastest way to check to see if your phone works is do a restore on a different computer and if that works, then go back and fix your iTunes install. Also leave the phone in a wall charger for several hours.

6. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

7. LucasLand thread starter macrumors 6502a

LucasLand

iPhone has not been near any water

8. SisterBlue22 macrumors 6502

SisterBlue22

The 14 days is for "I changed my mind" returns. If the phone is faulty, they'll replace it, even beyond the 14 day window.

9. LucasLand thread starter macrumors 6502a

LucasLand

yea but if there are issues with this phone, i don't want to deal with this again

10. LucasLand thread starter macrumors 6502a

LucasLand

when i connect to iTunes it tell me an iPhone has been connected in recovery mode. it gives me the option to restore. i've tried restoring twice only to get the 4014 error code

11. garirry macrumors 68000

garirry

It happens. Just accept it. Bring it to the Apple Store and see if they can change it. You shouldn't have more problems then.

12. TedJustAdmitit macrumors regular

TedJustAdmitit

It seems like more of an issue with iTunes than it does the phone.

13. LucasLand thread starter macrumors 6502a

LucasLand

the phone has no life to it. i should see something on the screen when i connect a charger or do a hard reboot, but nothing. can't be an iTunes issue

14. SisterBlue22 macrumors 6502

SisterBlue22

So, you don't want them to replace your defective phone with a new phone? Millions of people have iPhones with no issues whatsoever. Defects happen in any manufacturing process, it happens. Bring it back, get it replaced, and get on with your life.

15. Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

If there's is no water damage in your device then you're good. Apple will replace it under warranty, nothing to worry about.

16. tl01 macrumors 65816

Exactly. No need to assume he dropped it in water but to act like a piece of electronics cannot fail when it is new is silly. A certain percentage will fail when new for all electronics and it is called an inconvenience and is why it is great to have a warranty!

17. tl01 macrumors 65816

Do you see a ton of these threads on here? No. So don't panic. Get a new one.

18. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

Yesh. Apple has sold how many million units? If it was widespread then there would have been a massive **** storm and another "-gate" controversy.

Get it replaced. This is why warrantees exist.

19. ZipZap macrumors 601

Water damage does not matter...its covered with Applecare. Hope you have it.

20. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

So...did OP swear off Apple forever or just exchange his defective iPhone for a new one?

21. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

Who cares. He can exchange it out without issue at an Apple store. Not sure what all the fuss is about.

MR has taught me that people are -

1 - Entitled
    2 - Obsessive
    3 - Impatient
    4 - OCD

Last but not least, no matter how much money they pay, if what they bought isn't 100% perfect, they're going to bitch.

22. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

He's screwed, though.

He'd take a refund, if he could—which is weird because why would you want cash instead of a working phone?

23. AFDoc macrumors 68030

You just said you tried to restore it twice and got an error....... NOW you're saying it does nothing...... You need to get your story straight before you tell it lol.