iPhone 7/7+ Home Button

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nviz22, Sep 16, 2016.

1. nviz22 macrumors 68040

nviz22

What are your thoughts on the new home button? I don't like it at all. I prefer triple pressing for the one handed feature to kick in on the Plus model. I also prefer double pressing for the background app manager. I am open to hearing about it and customizing it to my liking when I get my model. Keep in mind, I only played with it at Best Buy today.

2. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

Been playing with my 7+ all day and I love the new button. No issues whatsoever.

3. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

It does all the things you mentioned, it's just not configured that way in a store.

4. Maltoo2 macrumors member

not liking it either, does your phone vibrate when you touch the home button? mine does nothing and how do we get rid of background apps now? Also I'm having a really difficult time switching between screens.

Love the phone but not liking this new home button.

5. benboy12 macrumors regular

I like the new home button. It took a few moments to get adjusted to, but it doesn't feel a ton different to me.

6. Glene macrumors 6502

Home button is the winner, after your adjustment and play with it for a few minutes, to get used to it

7. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

Feels odd for 5 minutes. After that it feels Normal.

8. Maltoo2 macrumors member

what does your home button do when you touch it?

9. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68040

Lobwedgephil

10. eclipxe macrumors regular

It's not supposed to vibrate when you touch it. You need to press it, like force touch. Then it vibrates. You double press it to bring up the task switcher.

Also, don't get rid of background apps - you don't need to do that (unless an app is misbehaving)

11. Aibocyrus macrumors 6502a

Aibocyrus

to adjust home button settings. Settings -> General -> Home Button. allows you to choose the response the Taptic feedback will deliver when pressing

12. Maltoo2 macrumors member

that is what I am saying, when I press mine it DOES NOT vibrate!
    --- Post Merged, Sep 16, 2016 ---
    when I go to that there is no difference in the 1-2-3 I have no feed back what so ever.

13. Aibocyrus macrumors 6502a

Aibocyrus

An when you go into there and choose 1-2-3 you are pressing the home button to test the different levels?

I am looking for a setting that might disable the feedback from the home button but can't seem to find any yet.
    If your taptic feedback is broken, you can get a phone swap at the Genius Bar. They do stock replacement devices that are specific to GB and non sellable.

14. Maltoo2 macrumors member

yes, when I go to settings, home button and pick one then press home button -nothing
    press 2 then home button no difference nothing and the same when I press 3

15. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

Try a hard reset by holding the volume down and power buttons till the screen goes off and apple logo appears.

16. nviz22 thread starter macrumors 68040

nviz22

Don't have it yet. My pre-order won't ship till October. Trying my best to get it as a walk in one day. Not waiting in long lines though despite needing a new phone.

17. eclipxe macrumors regular

Are you just touching the button or actually pressing it with decent force? If you toggle the silence switch on the side of the phone, does it vibrate?

18. the1payday macrumors 6502

the1payday

I don't mind the new button at all. It's a little different, but all of the early reviews saying it felt terrible really blew it out of proportion. I'm sure in a week, we will all think it feels totally normal.

19. golfnut1982 macrumors regular

golfnut1982

Side by side, they felt pretty similar to me. People would be commenting if they went from no button to an actual button. This was needed for the IP67 rating.

20. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I actually really like it. I was worried that it was going to be an obvious difference but honestly I can barely tell.

21. SisterBlue22 macrumors 6502

SisterBlue22

I got so used to pressing the home button with a fingernail so I could see my notifications without the touch ID taking me straight into the phone, and it's hard to break that habit now. Pressing with a fingernail does nothing, LOL!

22. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

It sucks!

I tried it on my friends iPhone 7+, and just like a few reviews said it's a major annoyance. Tried all the settings and it remains a deal breaker.

I'm so happy I didn't just pre-order an iPhone like I do every year.

23. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

LOVE it. Instantly felt like a button to me.

24. mfldmike macrumors regular

Absolutely love it...feels a little weird at first, but I got used to it fast and prefer it now.

25. joonyaboy macrumors 6502

joonyaboy