iPhone 7/7+ Home Button

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nviz22, Sep 16, 2016.

1. cdd543 macrumors 6502

cdd543

2. Maltoo2 macrumors regular

yes, I can feel it vibrate when I toggle.

Tried a hard reset and it did not help. i will just have to wait until the ATT store has some in to compare it too. I can feel the vibrations in the phone just nothing at the new home button. Thanks for the ideas and suggestions.

3. suprmum macrumors newbie

suprmum

The home button doesn't vibrate - it's more of a clicker feeling. There are a few settings I've found that may affect it other than the 1-2-3 home button settings. In accessibility there is a toggle to make the home button "place" rather than press to activate. There is also a setting to disable vibration for the phone. And a toggle to activate or disable "haptics".

Attached Files:

4. BD1 macrumors 6502

I like it. Trying out 1 which seems light and fast.

5. dangeng macrumors member

How is your experience with the new home button regarding the tap after clicking it?

Mine feels always a bit different, meaning if I double or triple click the first
    tap feels different to the second and the third.

Sometimes even unlocking the phone feels a bit different to the unlocking before...

6. noobinator macrumors 603

noobinator

It feels different because it is different. It's not a mechanical moving button anymore. It's solid state with haptic feedback.

7. dangeng macrumors member

I am not comparing my iPhone 6S to the 7...
    Comparing the haptic feedback itself between multiple clicks...

8. noobinator macrumors 603

noobinator

Mine feels the exact same for every click.

9. C5.4 macrumors member

C5.4

It's pressure sensitive. Pressing harder or longer will give you a harder or longer taptic response. It's a little detail that I love.

10. big samm macrumors 65816

big samm

Same here now i raise to wake the screen!

11. mcvaughan macrumors 6502a

Felt strange at first, but then again I was kinda used to it since I've used some Android handsets which have Taptic feedback. I'm liking it -- one less thing to break (home button).

12. Number-Six macrumors 6502

Number-Six

Hi

I am considering getting an iPhone 7 Plus, but was a bit put off by the new home button when trying it out in store.

So, people who already have the phone and played with it: did it bother anyone else? Did you get used to it, if so how long did it take you to not notice it anymore?

13. TrueBlou macrumors 68040

TrueBlou

I'm only on my second day with mine, but it really didn't bother me at all, I was used to it in less than an hour.

Was fun when we were waiting in the Apple Store trying to convince my wife that it wasn't an actual button, she was convinced it still pressed like a button. (Maybe worth mentioning that I'm used to the non-button button from my Mac Trackpad so I'm already conditioned to it.)

14. mhaniff macrumors member

It took me a day to get use to the new home button.

15. noobinator macrumors 603

noobinator

Got used to it within a day or so. After that I could never go back to an older style button. Tried my wife's phone and it felt really weird and wrong.

16. Braddrum macrumors 6502

Braddrum

People making a mountain out of a mole hill, takes no time to get used to at all.

17. Thor_1 macrumors 6502a

18. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

It's better when holding in hand, worse when sitting flat on a table. They really need to add an option to touch the home button to wake the device.

I have also had a bit of trouble reliably triggering Apple Pay on the new phone even though I've been doing it daily for most of a year with the regular home button, so maybe it isn't always better when held in hand.

19. Conan86 macrumors 6502

Got used to it pretty quickly. The idea of having one less possible point of failure is great.

20. Number-Six macrumors 6502

Number-Six

21. mildocjr macrumors 65816

It tripped me out when I shut the phone off and it didn't click like it had for the past 9 years. They did a really good job of mimicking the feel of the button press through the haptic engine.

22. Complex757 macrumors 6502

Complex757

I love it.

It took me a couple of days to get used to it, but once I got used to it I prefer it this way.

23. GlenK macrumors 6502a

GlenK

Less than a day to adjust. Now I love it much better than the old one.

24. techiebug macrumors 6502a

You'll get used to it. Honestly i just feels like a button for me now

25. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

Tried it in the store and thought it would be an issue. Fortunately, during my trying it out, I found the setting to adjust the sensitivity. During set up, it asked me what sensitivity I wanted and I chose the one I had set on the store demo. Apparently that was the right setting for me as I haven't given it a second thought. Got used to it right away.