iPhone 7/7+ Home Button

MistrSynistr

macrumors 65816
May 15, 2014
Once I got used to it I love it. Far more intuitive and quicker than the depress of the clicky button. I have it on setting one, the lowest taptic feedback.

fraile

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2016
It's better when holding in hand, worse when sitting flat on a table. They really need to add an option to touch the home button to wake the device.
I second this. You get used to it after a couple of hours and it's definitely easier in your hand but trying to wake the phone from a flat surface is beyond annoying.

Benito

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto, Canada
I really prefer the new home button now despite the significant change from previous home buttons. After about a day, it was very convincing that it was moving and clicking.

foxconn

Suspended
Sep 6, 2016
it's cool how the bottom speaker also makes the click sound. if you cover up the speaker and press, you don't hear a click.

i wonder if the jailbreak community will be able to alter this sound. (i don't jailbreak but would be cool to see what they come up with)

jlczl

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2015
While I'm adjusting I still would prefer the regular button. I never had an issue with them before.

eRondeau

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2004
Canada's South Coast
I've owned iPhone's going back to the first day the 3G was available. I can honestly say that for the first time the 7's Home button finally feels "right". It took me less than a day to get used to it. The old buttons were so squishy... they really felt out-of-place. But I love the haptic feedback and yes it finally feels "right" to me.

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England
I got used to it very quickly. It doesn't feel the same as the Trackpad on the Mac but that's because it's a much smaller surface area. It will feel different.

Tidbit: If you cover the speaker, its quiet. I thought it was the Taptic Engine making the noise but it's not.

Brandonjr36

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2016
Joplin
Hi

I am considering getting an iPhone 7 Plus, but was a bit put off by the new home button when trying it out in store.

So, people who already have the phone and played with it: did it bother anyone else? Did you get used to it, if so how long did it take you to not notice it anymore?
I came from a galaxy s7. I love this new home button that's one of my favorite things, I got the Matte black regular 7 32gb

Number-Six

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2013
I'm surprised to see almost all positive feedback, that doesn't happen often :D

Thanks again