Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

suesue232

macrumors newbie
May 28, 2017
DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. I take awesomely good care of my phones. My product red is straight crap. I bought a new glass wipe to clean it and it scratched the screen to bits. I am light handed and it was new there is no reason for this other than crappy manufacturing. Another crappy manufacturing part is the fact that MY RED IS PEELING OFF and I noticed it today after wiping my screen on a $900 phone I have had encased since purchase. This is both unacceptable and another strike in my 3-strike out game with apple. I'm going to trade it in for a Samsung tomorrow. I'm livid.

Reactions: determined09

democracyrules

Suspended
Nov 18, 2016
... went with a 7 (PRODUCT) RED... but something about the metallic red and white front I like. It's a nice deep tone of red. It's kind of nice having a phone with some color for a change. I've only had black or white iPhones.
I agree with the comment above. Product red iPhone is so beautiful. It is a very and more gorgeous and stunning color than jet black. It is an eye catching. Protect it with otterbox symmetry clear case and Belkin ultra visible glass from Apple makes the red phone awesome!!
[doublepost=1496000356][/doublepost]
DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. I take awesomely good care of my phones. My product red is straight crap. I bought a new glass wipe to clean it and it scratched the screen to bits. I am light handed and it was new there is no reason for this other than crappy manufacturing. Another crappy manufacturing part is the fact that MY RED IS PEELING OFF and I noticed it today after wiping my screen on a $900 phone I have had encased since purchase. This is both unacceptable and another strike in my 3-strike out game with apple. I'm going to trade it in for a Samsung tomorrow. I'm livid.

Stay away from Samsung or any android phones as they are the unsafest and unsecured phones because of their open systems and applications that can be built by anyone including hackers.

Stay with iPhone as it is the safest and the secured phone due to its proprietary systems and application development!!

Ask any cyber security experts.

silverblack

macrumors 68030
Nov 27, 2007

Not much you could do about the screen scratch, although I have a hard time accepting that the screen of the red iPhone is different than any other iPhone 7.

The peeling of the red finish, however is something I could talk to Apple about. Providing that it wasn't user's fault, I would expect Apple to do something to compensate here.

If you just want to troll, and praise Samsung here. Don't let the door hit you on your way out.

SLC Flyfishing

Suspended
Nov 19, 2007
Portland, OR

I've had mine since release, no scratches and no peeling of any red color. I go caseless intermittently too.

Methinks you're just a samsung fan and none of what you said actually happened.

cababah

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2009
SF Bay Area, CA

Yes, apple went out of their way to change the glass of the display only on the RED iPhones...:rolleyes:

baypharm

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2007
I agree with the comment above. Product red iPhone is so beautiful. It is a very and more gorgeous and stunning color than jet black. It is an eye catching. Protect it with otterbox symmetry clear case and Belkin ultra visible glass from Apple makes the red phone awesome!!
[doublepost=1496000356][/doublepost]

Stay away from Samsung or any android phones as they are the unsafest and unsecured phones because of their open systems and applications that can be built by anyone including hackers.

Stay with iPhone as it is the safest and the secured phone due to its proprietary systems and application development!!

Ask any cyber security experts.

Well I will respectfully disagree with you on the iphone being the safest phone. Just not true. Read my posts from 3-4 years ago and you'll see why even then Triton and its derivatives were inside the firmware before you even opened the sealed box. But of course you can believe whatever you want. I really don't care. But you are giving false advice here and I wanted to call you out on it.

Reactions: UltraInstinct

lah

macrumors 6502
Mar 22, 2010
I've had mine since release, no scratches and no peeling of any red color. I go caseless intermittently too.

Methinks you're just a samsung fan and none of what you said actually happened.

I also have a red 7+ and the phone is great. I go caseless and the only (minimal) scratches I have are from when I put it in the same pocket with my keys. Other than that it's prefect

jr866gooner

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013
3b76229747e2d4cdc5a98a6b31734877.jpg

So very pleased with my choice despite colleagues ripping into me for choosing iOS!!

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
No, the :apple: product RED case is a tomato red and I returned mine as it looks tacky compared to the luxurious crimson red of the phone. You may have better luck going 3rd party to match the color correctly.

Thanks! Might just go with a clear case then.

jr866gooner

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013
I'm torn between staying with my black caeology case or getting a clear case!

Part of me wants to show off the nice colour and part of me wants to keep it discreet...

Thing is it is such a pretty phone to hide..

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
Speaking of clear cases, any recommendations for ones that are better quality, less bulk?

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
I would love to get this but I want the iPhone 8 and I already have the 7 plus. Not worth getting this late in the day but it's gorgeous. I'm having a red phase at the moment. I've recently bought a red handbag. Red classic buckle for my Apple Watch and the berry leather case for my iPhone.

Last edited:
Reactions: danny8200

cipher29

macrumors regular
Mar 6, 2009

I hope Samsung devices treat you better.

crawltochina

macrumors regular
Apr 27, 2015
First i had a Jet Black iPhone 7 Plus which i wasn't too happy with because of easy scratching. Otherwise it was a BEAUTIFUL phone. Then the Product Red iPhone came out and i found a 7 Plus for a very good price so i sold the Jet Black and bought the red one. I liked it very much even with the white front. For a reason i don't understand the red lost its magic extremely fast on me. To a point where i couldn't stand it any longer. I decided to sell it and bought a matte black. I am SO HAPPY to be Back in Black... phew.

Reactions: danny8200

democracyrules

Suspended
Nov 18, 2016
1. That color is not a case...Blows the mind.

2. If only Apple were to make the front black.
Got 256 GB 7 plus one and love it everyday and protect it with lifeproof nuud plum reef purple with clear back case. It is so gorgeous and always receiving compliments from whoever sees it. The red iPhone is the best color iPhone in iPhone history. It is eye catching and attention getter. Thanks and kudos to Apple!!
[doublepost=1500158964][/doublepost]
Why is the red phone covered by black case and not clear case? By covering the back, the most gorgeous eye catching and attention getter red color cannot be shown off and admired, hence there is no point to get the gorgeous red color.

Reactions: Azzin

jr866gooner

macrumors 68020
Aug 24, 2013
Got 256 GB 7 plus one and love it everyday and protect it with lifeproof nuud plum reef purple with clear back case. It is so gorgeous and always receiving compliments from whoever sees it. The red iPhone is the best color iPhone in iPhone history. It is eye catching and attention getter. Thanks and kudos to Apple!!
[doublepost=1500158964][/doublepost]
Why is the red phone covered by black case and not clear case? By covering the back, the most gorgeous eye catching and attention getter red color cannot be shown off and admired, hence there is no point to get the gorgeous red color.

People say this to me. Yes when I use a clear case it's only for when out and about running errands or around the house or with family. I much prefer subtle red glimpses through parts of the case much like I'm keeping my eye on a midnight blue case myself. But the clear case is thin and not so rugged whereas by caseology has more protection.

I don't always want to advertise the fact I have an iPhone let alone one of the more expensive models!! I nearly bought one of my favourite rugged armour spigen cases to then realise this time around they put a hole on the back exposing the apple logo!

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
People say this to me. Yes when I use a clear case it's only for when out and about running errands or around the house or with family. I much prefer subtle red glimpses through parts of the case much like I'm keeping my eye on a midnight blue case myself. But the clear case is thin and not so rugged whereas by caseology has more protection.

I don't always want to advertise the fact I have an iPhone let alone one of the more expensive models!! I nearly bought one of my favourite rugged armour spigen cases to then realise this time around they put a hole on the back exposing the apple logo!
I thought the product red is the same price as the regular 7/7 plus in other colours.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.