iPhone 7 Arrives in More Countries Starting October 7

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Sep 30, 2016.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple has announced that iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus launch in India on October 7 and in Macao, Macedonia, Malaysia, Montenegro, South Africa, and Turkey on October 14.

[​IMG]

The smartphones also launch in Ukraine on October 7, and in South Korea and Thailand on October 21, according to local news reports.

In India, the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus will be available through online shops Flipkart, which began accepting pre-orders earlier today, and Infibeam. Pricing starts at Rs 60,000, with trade-in deals available.

In South Africa, the smartphones will be available through Cell C, iStore, and select other carriers and resellers in the country. Pricing starts at R12 999 for iPhone 7 and R15 499 for iPhone 7 Plus.

iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus launched in the United States, Australia, Canada, France, Germany, the United Kingdom, and other first wave countries on September 16, followed by over 30 more countries on September 23.

Additional countries will likely follow.

Article Link: iPhone 7 Arrives in More Countries Starting October 7

2. zahuh macrumors regular

Can't wait for some to come to the US again. I missed the first wave. Looks like 3-4 weeks since I want a black or jet.

3. whyamihere macrumors 6502

whyamihere

And yet still no SIM free version in the US. :confused:

4. now i see it macrumors 68030

Holy cow. A base model ip7 is $909 USD in South Africa.

5. naeS1Sean macrumors 6502a

naeS1Sean

But.......I'm selfish and still don't have mine.......:(:oops:

6. Oblivious.Robot macrumors 6502a

Oblivious.Robot

Does anyone know when the AirPods will be launched?

7. Sasparilla macrumors 65816

Was really hoping they'd have this finished up sooner so we can build some stock up & get SIM free here in the U.S..

I think that was the end of October for the 6s, which was the earliest I've ever seen that happen. Hopefully we'll see that, as I'm waiting on it as well (want that little SIM removal tool - although Apple started going with the cheap stamped out versions with the 6s, no more liquid metal tools).

Course, that was a huge improvement over the 6, which I think was into the new year (Jan/Feb 2015) if memory serves.

Black doesn't look too bad now even in the 7+ (forget Jet Black though):

http://www.istocknow.com/live/

8. HellBlaze macrumors newbie

9. MaSx macrumors regular

10. rsbacon macrumors member

rsbacon

Apple price gouging. Now you see it?

11. imlynxy, Sep 30, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2016

imlynxy macrumors 65816

12. Mizouse macrumors regular

Still waiting on my Septemebr 9 preorder :(

13. pika2000 macrumors 601

I don't understand why this is an issue.
    All versions when paid in full at Apple store are unlocked. Verizon version is unlocked out of the box.

14. ke-iron macrumors 65816

How about we improve the iPhone availability in the US before sharing with the entire world.

15. whyamihere macrumors 6502

whyamihere

I believe 6s was the fastest ever too, but it was only 13 days after the launch. We are now at 14 days. Fingers crossed.

First there's the principle: If I'm paying full price for an unlocked phone, I shouldn't be required to sign into/give my existing carrier account info (the rest of the world doesn't have to, just US).

Secondly, I have AT&T, but I don't want the AT&T version that is limited to GSM. Like you noted, I'd love to have the Verizon version that has both GSM and CDMA should I ever decide to switch carriers or to have a better re-sale value down the road. Until a SIM free version is released, I am unable to buy a Verizon version without an existing Verizon account even though I'm paying full price up front. Both models cost the same, so I should have my choice, not be subject to arbitrary carrier collusion rules. Unacceptable.

16. rhomsy macrumors regular

This is great news! The citizens of these countries can now wait in line for iPhones that don't exist.

This is the worst Apple roll-out that I can remember. I ordered within hours of the device going on sale for pre-orders, and I was told sometime in November. I haven't heard anything since, and I haven't seen any articles where orders are being shipped. Not one store in the US has black iPhone 7 Plus models. Jet Black might not be available until next fall, which means we all might as well wait until the 2017 iPhone for the 10 year anniversary. Then again, maybe those won't ship until 2018.

17. hagar macrumors 6502a

Why? Apple is an international company. Part of the phone is designed in Israel, construction is in China and Apple has more international than US customers. The US is no longer the centre of the universe. Be glad you're still in the first wave ;-)

18. taxiapple macrumors regular

The South African price includes 14% tax.

19. CarlJ, Sep 30, 2016

CarlJ macrumors 68030

CarlJ

Didn't all these people get the message? NOBODY WANTS THE IPHONE 7! Because it's BORING. Everybody has already been told this like a thousand times.

So, uh, stop buying so many of them, everybody
    --- Post Merged, Sep 30, 2016 ---
    What people do, with their iPhones, in the privacy of their own home, shouldn't be anybody else's business.

20. kamalds macrumors regular

It is available through Amazon India as well- not just crappy flipkart

21. coolsean20 macrumors regular

coolsean20

I am having the same problem...

22. dvoros macrumors 6502

Lets not launch in other countries until you satisfy the orders for the phones in this country. Why do I have to wait until sometime in November to get a phone while India and other countries will get theirs in October???

23. Mizouse macrumors regular

Oops spoke to soon, just got shipping notification for my Black 256GB iPhone 7 Plus!

Should be here Monday :D

24. leechers, Sep 30, 2016

leechers macrumors member

Wow, what an arrogant and a nationalist thing to say. Shouldn't everyone in the world have access to the new iPhones? Or should it be just you supremacists whose country and needs obviously are far more important than people of other nationalities?

25. Fzang macrumors 65816

Fzang

"Macau is a part of China", but not enough to get a phone produced by the country it's apparently a part of, on day one.

Paradox?