iPhone 7 Matte Black Was Meant Be Used Caseless

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rogatsby, Nov 3, 2016.

1. rogatsby macrumors newbie

rogatsby

I've had my matte black iPhone 7 for about a week. I initially had the Apple silicone case on it, but I really missed seeing the beauty of the phone's design and materials. So for the last two days, I ditched the case and have been carrying my iPhone 7 naked. I am reasonably careful, but I am not babying it by any means. And using this phone naked makes a world of a difference for me. It's so light, sleek, and beautiful. And the matte black finish does not seem to scratch at all. I was seriously considering getting the jet black, but I think I made the right choice.

2. Davefevs macrumors member

Davefevs

I found it a bit slippery so got a silicone clear case on it.

3. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

It will wear down at the bottom (mostly at the bottom right corner) and rub down to the un-anodized surface in time. I had mine for just a month and I already started to see wear in the same manner as all anodized iPhones past have shown. I switched to a Jet Black one and it's holding up a lot worse, though, so there's that! :D

4. rogatsby thread starter macrumors newbie

rogatsby

Well, I don't dismiss the possibility of scuffs, but where the device wears down would probably depend on how someone used it, no? Is there something about the bottom right corner that makes it susceptible to wearing down?

5. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

Just the way it lays on the table if you have no case. It is the point that is resting on the table thanks to the raised camera bump in the other corner.

6. Will22 macrumors 65816

Will22

Yeee, great for youo_O

Personally I think every phone should be used caseless, except for the Pixel because that is the only phone I can think of that was released in the past couple of years that looks better in a case.

7. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

I don't use a bumper for scuffs and scratches; I do it to prevent the screen from shattering if I barely drop the phone.

8. cmdrdredd macrumors member

My matte black 7+ is just too slick for me to feel comfortable without a case. It looks amazing and feels quality, but I'm just not comfortable with it that way.

9. GalaDaliGirl Suspended

10. cmdrdredd macrumors member

To make you post stupid responses

11. Will22 macrumors 65816

Will22

Really? It's not as stupid as you would think.

If Apple thought it was cost effective to make a phone that didn't need a case to protect it in falls, don't you think they would, so that other people could see that iphone users were using an iphone?

12. cmdrdredd macrumors member

Maybe you should try reading the post I quoted and responded to and then apply my response to that post and that post only.

I mean hell I even responded to the conversation above, but nobody bothers to read through threads.

13. ivanwi11iams macrumors 65816

ivanwi11iams

Too slippery for me. Apple leather case is on, and will remain...

14. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I don't have this…

But then my iPhone is in a business card holder about 95% of the day. The rest is either in a cup holder in the car, my pocket or the padded arm of a sofa.

If I ever do lay it flat on a surface I try to make sure something is underneath it.

2016-11-03 17.03.48.jpg
    --- Post Merged, Nov 3, 2016 ---
    The same as any other 'naked' iPhone thread.

15. TL24 macrumors 6502a

TL24

Love mine too but as others have stated it's just too slippery to use without a case.

16. Zaft macrumors 68040

Zaft

I have tried so many times to wear a case.. I just can't, I love the feeling of the bare phone. How it was meant to be felt. Yes I risk damaging it.

17. Aml216 macrumors 6502a

Aml216

A mysterious location in the middle of nowhere
    You're making me want to join the case-less group!

18. Fthree macrumors 6502a

I love the look and feel of my matte black 7. I just have too much anxiety about scratching the lens of the camera...

19. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Out of all the reasons, this one holds the least water, IMO.

20. RansZ28 macrumors regular

RansZ28

No case for me and my Matte Black! Although I did put on Liquid Nano and I love it!!!

21. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

No way I am using my matt black naked.

22. Will22 macrumors 65816

Will22

Ironic that you say that considering you don't seem to have read my post:rolleyes:

I will try and break it down for you into simple parts.

The guy said what's the point of this thread and you said his post was stupid.

I said it wasn't a stupid post. Now that I have explained it can you now read my post again.

All phone makers want people to use their phones cases less so others can see what phone you're using.

23. Vlada011 macrumors member

Vlada011

I completely understand you. I like cases as Spigen, X-Doria,...Some cases I saw cost over 200$, custom, hand made from wood and aluminum but you lose iPhone design than... I spend days searching for case and at the end I installed only glass. For me iPhone is really best without any case, off course only with tempered glass.
    I never hold something with him in pocket and he is always turned on screen to the surface and I try to avoid any scratches on glass part of SE. From other side iPhone 7 Jet Black I think is need case.
    He looks like sensitive on small scratches.
    But keeping without case is risk, if you scratch him or he drop in first 6-8 months that's pure tragedy and agony.
    Maybe is best solution naked at home and in first months some nice case as Spigen Case Thin Fit or Case Crystal Shell depend of color of iPhone and taste of customer. :)
    And some case models are better for iPhone SE and for iPhone 7 not so nice and opposite.

24. spacemnspiff macrumors 6502a

spacemnspiff

[​IMG]

Best option for me is a transparent skin on the body and the screen, it's as close as you can get to going naked without worrying about scratching.

25. janeauburn macrumors 6502a

janeauburn

The standard 7 may be easier to grip. But I agree. These phones are too slippery and have been since the 6.