Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Japanese website Mac Otakara, which previously said Apple would introduce a darker color option to replace Space Gray for the upcoming iPhone 7 series, has shared a photo of an alleged SIM tray for the smartphone that suggests the color will be glossy black like the exterior of the 2013 Mac Pro.

gloss_black_iphone_sim_tray.jpg

The website now believes the new glossy black option will be part of a five-color lineup, including Gold, Rose Gold, Silver, and Space Gray. It previously said the new color will be a "much darker" variant of Space Gray that is "close to black, though not quite black," and mockups of what an iPhone 7 in that color could look like, including the one above, quickly surfaced around the web.

Apple has announced it will be holding a September 7 media event at 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time, at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium in San Francisco, where it is expected to announce the iPhone 7 series, Apple Watch 2, and possibly more. Apple will also likely provide an update on the prospective launch dates of iOS 10, macOS Sierra, watchOS 3, and tvOS 10 over the coming weeks.

Article Link: iPhone 7 May Have Fifth 'Gloss Black' Color Resembling 2013 Mac Pro

Reactions: appledefenceforce

gsmornot

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2014
More important to me is the face of the phone. I prefer to have a black bezel. If that now comes with two back colors I will take whichever is in stock at order time. I keep my phone in a Apple leather case and never see the back anyhow so whatever is fine with me.

Reactions: Sandstorm

Sunny1990

Suspended
Feb 13, 2015
That can easily be fake,some one just took the sim trey and colored it in glossy black (highly doubtfull)

Last edited:
Reactions: Digger148

lotzosushi

macrumors 6502
Jan 10, 2007
Custom anodized color housings have been available in Asia for the longest time, it's dirt cheap for them to create endless fake mockups. I don't understand how these analysts believe everything they see. :rolleyes:

They could make a red iPhone 7 mockup and the rumor mill would go *******.

Reactions: Digger148

Dephtones

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2015
I'm hoping, but doubtful, that means it's less slippery. I prefer having my phone without a case and the d brand skins are just as slippery

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.