iPhone 7 possible price?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DChantedMan, Jan 29, 2016.

1. DChantedMan macrumors newbie

DChantedMan

It's come to my attention that Apple has mantained the price tag of their new iPhone model for 4 years in a row.The retail price of iPhone 5s was the same as the price of 6 and 6s when they first came out.6 Plus and 6s Plus versions are a bit more expensive but 6 Plus and 6s Plus also had an identical price tag between them.My question is-what do you think the price of the upcoming iPhone 7(and possibly 7 Plus) will be?Do you think it'll exceed 1000 dollars or do you think it'll stay at 850-900 dollars(retail price)?

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Without any new information to suggest something else, the most likely conclusion at the moment is that the pricing will continue the way it's been going. If iPhone sales will slow down as expected in a way, it's possible something related to pricing might happen, but it's hard to say.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

I would also think the prices will remain the same but after 4 years Apple could just surprise us. The most it could go up would be in the $100-$200 range but I doubt that.

There is no way to know. I will buy one no matter . . .

4. Flow39 macrumors 68000

Flow39

I doubt the prices will increase, especially with the disappearance of 2 year contracts. If anything, Apple may (small chance) decrease the prices by $50-100. Again, small chance of that happening, but I would wager we'd see a decrease before an increase.

5. John Mcgregor Suspended

John Mcgregor

They need to step up with tech and cut the price at least by 50 if they want it to grow or stay at least the same sales numbers.

6. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

The market for high end phones is saturated, however Apple is not going to play in the discount phone arena.

They won't be cutting their margins like that.

They only earned $18B in profits last year on $75B in sales however...a bad year I guess.

7. buddyspencer macrumors regular

8. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

Like the mods will be glad to tell you this is McRumors and things like this fly here.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 29, 2016 ---
    SO 50% cut is fair . . . .LOL!

9. aristobrat macrumors G4

The fact that they've let iPad sales number decline for the last 8 (?) quarters now (including a 25% drop in sales last quarter) instead of cutting the price makes me think they're just not into cutting prices...

10. John Mcgregor Suspended

John Mcgregor

50 bucks they can survive just fine.

11. laudern macrumors 6502a

You obviously don't live in Australia. The only thing apple have maintained in Australia, is that they have maintained a price increase on every phone from the iPhone 5. I bought a 5 for $730 (I think). Now the base model 6s is $1080.

I will never bring myself to buy another new iPhone because of these ridiculous prices. Even the 2 year old 5s is $750.

I predict the base model 7 to crack the $1100 mark.

12. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

With iPhone sales growth slowing a slight price drop is more likely than a price increase though both are unlikely.

13. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

There is no way in hell Apple can raise prices, especially in the face of it's worst quarter for iPhone sales since 2007. Market demand won't support a price hike. Much more likely to see Apple keeping 16GB as the entry storage and make $ on the back end.

14. C DM macrumors Westmere

Why would it be the worst quarter since 2007?

15. lchlch macrumors 6502a

You do realize they are talking about growth right?

16. blairh macrumors 68030

blairh

17. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Worst quarter of sales growth since 2007. Why? Go listen to last weeks conference call or read one of the many articles on the topic & decide for yourself.

Yes, that's what I'm talking about - sales growth. That's what Apple reported - slowest pace of sales growth since 2007.

18. C DM macrumors Westmere

Except "growth" wasn't mentioned at all in the post I replied to and quoted.

19. LovingTeddy macrumors 6502a

LovingTeddy

Even if Apple charge you $1000? WOW... Apple loves people like you... I will buy it price is below $350. That is the iPhone really worth to me.

P.S I am talking about unlocked price, not price for installment or contract price.

20. macfacts macrumors 68000

macfacts

The iPhone 7 is going to be the same price as iphone 6s, $650 usd. People in this thread talking about $1000 are talking about dollars in other countries, not USD.

21. Dave245 Suspended

If Apple are removing the headphone jack and updating the headphones that come with the phone to wireless and also adding other new features and designs (the use of dual cameras, waterproofing and possibly sapphire screen) you can bet the price will increase. Of course these features are only rumours and my no even exist or make it into the iPhone 7 but I'm thinking Apple will increase the price.

22. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

If you are waiting for a price of $350, you need to be looking for the android forums.

PS, you might find an old beater iPhone 5 for $350. Enjoy.

23. LovingTeddy macrumors 6502a

LovingTeddy

Isn't that what did? Too me, iPhone only worth 350 dollars max. I am not paying for a phone that is not any better than 350 dollars Andriod phone (OnePlus 2 or any similar phones)

24. Retired Cat macrumors 65816

I'd argue that Apple keeping the base iPhone 6/6s at a paltry 16GB and making the 64GB iPhone $100 more amounts to an indirect price increase.

16GB is too constrained in 2016, so people are pushed towards 64GB, which costs $749 instead of $649 (US prices). This raises Apple's average selling price.

I went with Apple in 2013 because of their track record with iOS updates. I think that Google Nexus 5X and 6P have greater value proposition though.

The one major continued advantage for Apple is that for people living near Apple Stores, in-person service & tech support is available. Being able to have a phone replaced or repaired same day is a benefit.

25. LovingTeddy macrumors 6502a

LovingTeddy

i will give that. It is kinda nice to have a retail store near your place. Though, i haven't had any major problems with my Android phone, so that hasn't affect my purchase decision much. But I will say, for normal average customer, have tech support right beside your house would be nice.