Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
still not sure whats my drain yet

Sounds like you have everything turned off and you phone is now pretty useless. Might as well turn the phone off as this way it will consume the least. Just remember when you have things like Siri still on that takes electricity to listen for a command. Even if the phone had everything turned off it will still consume power no matter what.

Alexrat1996

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 29, 2015
Lehigh valley PA
Potentially you don't have one (beyond the ordinary).
Sounds like you have everything turned off and you phone is now pretty useless. Might as well turn the phone off as this way it will consume the least. Just remember when you have things like Siri still on that takes electricity to listen for a command. Even if the phone had everything turned off it will still consume power no matter what.
@Newtons Apple is 9% drop over night normal 100% to 92 % over night

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Ok I took it off that charger at 12 :30 am at 100 % woke up at 7 am 92% you say there many things that can cause the drain

That is correct. The only way to stop the drain is to turn it off. Depending on your signal and what is running on your phone 8% is not bad.

You could solve all this by just plugging in your device before you go to bed and be done with it. Turning off everything is a waste of the technology that Apple gave you. You should not have to turn off anything.

Videomanmac

Suspended
Apr 3, 2015
Will the phone get warm while listening to music via Bluetooth I feel it warm now in the back of the apple logo
My iPhone drops 50% at night. If I don't have it charging overnight I'm screwed. I would kill for 8% drop.

The heat is normal. Define "listening to music". Stored locally or streaming?

If it's stored locally, the phone should MAYBE feel slightly warm. If it's streaming, warm is fine.

Maybe you can use the dongle to help reduce the warmness

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Most of my music is on my phone and I can not say I have ever felt it get warm except in the initial OS update and restore from iTunes when I first took it out of the box. It only got slightly warm and has not after that.

I use BT Bose noise reduction headphones.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.