Iphone 7+ Tmobile Signal Issues??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kingston73, Nov 2, 2016.

1. kingston73 macrumors 6502a

Had anybody on Tmobile noticed any signal issues with their new 7+? My wife and I have both been having lots of issues, mainly between our 2 phones. She travels a lot and staying in contact with her office and work is critical, plus it's nice to be able to facetime each other when she's away. She's been having constant disconnects with her phone both on and off wireless and cellular data. Many times when either of us tries to call or Facetime the other the call will automatically end as soon as the other person tries to answer it.

Like I said, it's happened in many different locations and it's happened when we've both been on wifi, both been off wifi, and all combinations of those. According to tmo's signal map we live in an area with strong LTE signal so I know it's not my fault with the signal in our home, plus our wifi router is the Tmobile Cellspot which has a very fast wifi throughput and is supposed to work specifically for wifi calling.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Try updating both phones to the latest 10.1.1 iOS.
    I had some random carrier data disconnects earlier on 10.0.1 where I needed to restart the phone to get carrier data to work again but all those bugs have been fixed since.

3. kingston73 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I should have included, I made sure we were both on the latest version of ios, and I've already talked to a Tmo rep once about this. They did some sort of signal refresh but it's looking like I'm going to need to talk to them again. I didn't think about this before, but could the SIM card have anything to do with it? Neither of us used the brand new sim card included with the phones, we both just transferred our sims from our old 6+'s.

I'm going to call tmo back later today so I'll post back on what they say, just wondered if this was a localized issue or a more widespread problem.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, check the sim cards and have those replaced.
    If it still does it visit Apple to see if your devices need to be replaced.

5. Aml216 macrumors 6502a

Aml216

A mysterious location in the middle of nowhere
  6. its Dale macrumors 6502

no issues except for Instagram. both my wife and I have tmobile and calls/facetime/etc seem to work as normal. EVerything works fine and fast except for instagram

7. kingston73 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the responses so far. I switched out my old sim, my wife's away but hopefully on Saturday she's going to replace her sim. We will see what happens after that.

8. FreshJR macrumors newbie

I have the same problem. Went to Apple Store. Since issue is intermittent they wouldn't issue me a warranty replacement phone.

Microphone diagnostic and test call passed at time of appointment.

This generation is a piece of ****. No major refresh just a bunch of problems. Apple is buggy like crazy now and customer service went down hill. Tim Cook is just milking apple, not improving, they are gonna fall like crazy

9. Thor_1 macrumors 6502a

No issues running 5 iPhone 7's on t mobile. Actually noticed better service in areas where the 6s would struggle.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 3, 2016 ---
    Sorry you are having problems, but one issue does not make this generation not good. Every iPhone release has had its fair share of problems.

10. rob.james.arias macrumors regular

rob.james.arias

11. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I have awesome cell coverage and amazing fast LTE speeds with T-Mobile.
    Nice trying to overgeneralize that all tmobiles subscribers have bad service.
    Keep paying those ridiculous prices and get nickeled and dimed by the big carriers.
    Sounds like you're enjoying it:)

12. Lloydbm41 macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

Exactly. No carrier is perfect everywhere, and where I live it happens to be excellent with 4x4 MIMO already active in my area. Unfortunately, the iPhone 7 series doesn't have the hardware for it, but the iPhone 8 will. Can't wait for 'true' 100 to 600mbps download speeds next year. (Although the 256 QAM will be supported on some iPhone 7 models from what I hear with a software update from Apple and T-Mobile.)

13. Reno Raines macrumors 6502a

I work about 30 miles north of Atlanta and just pulled down 121 mbps on my phone on t mobile. Signal is also strong. Sorry to hear about the issues. T mobile is not always the best but gets better daily I believe.

14. kingston73 thread starter macrumors 6502a

In my case it's looking like it may have been a SIM problem, I haven't had any issues (yet) since replacing the sim. My wife still hasn't been able to replace hers but we also haven't tried facetime lately so the jury's still out on that. Tmobile did say they'd give us a free cell signal booster if the problems persist. Any idea what that is or how it works?

15. rob.james.arias, Nov 4, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2016

rob.james.arias macrumors regular

rob.james.arias

I am a tmobile customer, for now LOL. Speaking from experience. T mobile, uses a lot of partner towers. Since they pay so little compared to other networks on that same tower (I suspect), we get less priority or bandwidth depending on the number of users, network strength, and time of day.

16. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

What?
    Where did you hear that at?

17. rob.james.arias macrumors regular

rob.james.arias

18. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

IMG_0250.jpg That's only for areas or locations where they don't have any coverage at all they roam on partner gsm networks. Same with all carriers.
    T-Mobile covers 97% of all US wireless subscribers.
    Doesn't seem like I'm getting less priority or network speeds.

19. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Stop showing off!!!

You KNOW 51 down is the best I've been able to get. At 7am. At work.

:D

20. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Check a few more times.
    They keep improving;)

21. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I'm waiting until my little JB (jailbreak, people, not jet black) app tells me I have Band 12. :D

But I do speed test here and there. Been right around 10-12 down.

22. Low country macrumors 6502

I have an iPhone 7+ 256 SIM unlocked Qualcomm version on AT&T in the Carolinas and I am having VERY SERIOUS reception issues and dropped calls that I have never experienced in all the years of owning cell phones. This is most concerning. If this indeed turns out to be the phone itself after all the crap I've been through with quality control issues on iPhones then it is time to permanently say goodbye to Apple......

23. erayser macrumors 65816

erayser

If I were getting less priority or network speeds, I would turn on wifi... :p

And most of my data usage is on SDSU campus where most students are on mobile devices... I see a lot of iPhone's on campus.:)

[​IMG]

24. claudiacristan macrumors newbie

claudiacristan

--- Post Merged, Apr 1, 2017 ---
    I have recently switched to Tmobile and chose the iPhone 7 plus. I have been having the same issues. I can be talking to someone on the phone then my phone cuts out, sometimes i can still hear them but they cant hear me. Other times my phone goes completely quite, then after a few minutes i can hear other person again. My husband chose an LG phone and has had zero issues. I'm switching my phone out today. Also, my niece has the IPhone 7 with Verizon and loves her phone, she has no issues with her service or phone.