Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

flux73

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2009
Here's one of the more interesting iPhone 7 concepts I've seen:

I doubt the screen will incorporate the ear piece, but I think the screen will at least go edge-to-edge, width-wise. I'm calling it now - they're going to call it the "Infinity Screen".

Reactions: rillrill

Trickhot3102

macrumors 6502
Dec 21, 2013
IPS LCD is enough in my opinion, CPU is always improving hence why not more than 10GHz??;) They will not remove the home button since that's one of their signature style.

Yeah LCDs are good displays (and very accurate) but I really love the look of the deep blacks on an AMOLED display! As for the CPU, iOS isn't a power hungry system, so a low clock rate is fine, but it would be nice to get some more.

Reactions: iphonedude2008

Moonjumper

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2009
Lincoln, UK
Sadly, the protruding camera is here to stay. I can guarantee with 100% certainty it will not disappear. Cameras can't get thinner without sacrificing quality. Its a limitation of physics. Unless Apple makes the phone significantly thicker, which is very unapple-like.

You might want to revise that 100%. Apple patent that amongst other things means the sensor isn't behind the lens, so potentially thinner.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/One-...nt-hints-at-future-iPhone-camera-tech_id67857

DreiD

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2015
Yeah LCDs are good displays (and very accurate) but I really love the look of the deep blacks on an AMOLED display! As for the CPU, iOS isn't a power hungry system, so a low clock rate is fine, but it would be nice to get some more.

Yup! higher clock for gaming and multitasking. AMOLED seems unrealistic to me coz' it's very saturated whereas IPS LCD's are more natural looking but im not against OLED's, it's a good foundation towards future screens.

Trickhot3102

macrumors 6502
Dec 21, 2013
Yup! higher clock for gaming and multitasking. AMOLED seems unrealistic to me coz' it's very saturated whereas IPS LCD's are more natural looking but im not against OLED's, it's a good foundation towards future screens.

Yeah LCDs are more realistic looking. I just really like the look of AMOLED with dark backgrounds! You never know though, maybe Apple is working on a better AMOLED display for the iPhone 7! Lol.

iphonedude2008

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2009
Irvine, CA
Yeah LCDs are more realistic looking. I just really like the look of AMOLED with dark backgrounds! You never know though, maybe Apple is working on a better AMOLED display for the iPhone 7! Lol.
The current amoleds from Samsung actually are more natural than lcds. You can really see it if you use a note 5 or s6.

maxsix

Suspended
Jun 28, 2015
Western Hemisphere
Apple has become much more involved in leaks of future products and even better at denying and concealing it.

If one paid close attention to last years leaks, the ones that were correct were exactly correct, a fact lost on the greater majority.

Apples incentive and payoff for participating is to further heighten pre release buzz. Secondly by assuring accuracy they had fewer significantly unhappy customers on launch day.

Apples skill at power and control is on display for the entire world to see.

Reactions: iphonedude2008
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.